+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cyber bullying, and the effects it causes.

From the Financial Times
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Overall activity: 0%
    Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Ironwolf     $ 0.00

Cyber bullying, and the effects it causes.

Cyberbullying is the use of the Internet and related technologies to harm other people, in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner. As it has become more common in society, particularly among young people, legislation and awareness campaigns have arisen to combat it. - Wikipedia

Hey guys,
    I decided to make this thread to bring light to an important, and disturbing issue with online networking and gaming. Cyber bullying and "trolling" is one of the lead causes of, depression, and suicide in younger generations.

I can safely say that nearly all of us have been subject to cyber bullying and victim to personal attacks on the internet. As we move further and further into a technological age, we too have to adapt and overcome any hostile, and personal attacks.

I see it everyday when I log into the Dying to Kill servers. I won't name names, and oust people. But it saddens me to see such blatant negligence for other people's, mental health, and self esteem.

Depression is a very ugly thing, and coming from someone who has suffered from depression, and was even taking medication to combat it at one stage, I can safely say I would never wish it upon anyone at all.

I understand Counter-Strike can be a extremely competitive game for some, and sometimes those lines between bullying, and "having a laugh" with someone can be blurred. Try to think about what you say before you say it. You may not know what personal situation that other person has outside of the internet. Treat others as you would expect them to treat you.

I like to think we can all help each other, and I am a firm believer in "Paying it forward" I will help those that I can, in any way that I can. And maybe someday someone will help me when I need it. If you are ever feeling down and out, or even depressed for any reason at all, don't hesitate to talk to someone about it. Be it online or outside of this community, ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

We are a community, and an online family. Help each other, report any bullying to a more senior member, demo it, whatever you need to do. Put a stop to it if you see it happen in both the forums and the servers.

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Kind regards,
    Ironwolf.
    Last edited by Ironwolf; 26-02-12 at 04:56 AM.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 75
    conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] conq     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post
    Because that's completely on topic,lol.
    As if you would shut Ed down, he is bangable/10

Or certain people can just grow up and stop trying to feed their own ego by talking absolute shyte online hiding behind their monitor like the keyboard warrior they wish they were and get a new hobby. =)
    I'm going to be completely honest here, Internet trolling has to be one of the funniest things to watch. especially when said troller is good at it. There are instances where i think some trolls go over the top EG. trolling dead peoples facebooks etc. but in a general term trolls make most online games a much funnier place to be

GG Has been
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6

Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Drunk Gamer Dud     $ 10.00
    Personally i think the "having a laugh" angle is complete bs unless you actually know, and are good friends with, the person you are bantering with and ultimately is a shite disguise to get away with what you are doing.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drunk Gamer Dud For This Useful Post:

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    There's a vast difference between a little "troll" and outright abusing/harassing someone just to feed your own ego. The sooner some of you actually figure that out, the better for everyone. Claiming the said abuse/harassment is "just trolling" is just a pathetic cop out from people who need to grow up.
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muffbag For This Useful Post:

FRAGILE send with care.
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Morph     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by edszke View Post

Getting bullied, everyone will go through it in their lives.. you can't escape it, even bullies get bullied sometime in their life. Yeah I've been bullied before IRL but if you listen to what they say, then it gets to you. So in one ear out the other tbh, also if theres a group standing around and you're getting bullied then why dont you say a really good comeback like '(name of bully), I get it, your parents dont give you enough attention or love at home so you have to come to school/work and put people down to make you feel good about yourself or something along those lines ORRRRRR you can spear tackle the ♥♥♥♥ and put him in a wheelchair.

I am a cyberbullier... im not going to hide it, but what i do is i bring a bit of humor into it.. for example me and morph we hurl insults at each other based on appearance, relations etc.. its all a big laugh. If you dont have a smile on your face while some guys going sick at you then somethings wrong with you. I've just realized i base my examples on morph alot... morphily!!

Edszke, youre gay. You were born on a highway, where most accidents happen. And you are so ♥♥♥♥ed up youre beyond repair.

<3 you babe

Telling someone who already suffers from depression, to not take cyber bullying seriously, or any bullying, is like trying to fix a severed arm with a bandaid. Completely pointless and doesn't solve the problem.
    Now now, cyber bullying and other sorts of bullying are different, and you cant say no to that. And, who was i telling that suffers from depression? Was i told someone sufferes depression from e-bullying?
    *Donates $10*
    11:25 AM <[DtK] [C] Squall>
    Thanks Hawk, i got enough for MW3 and BF3 now
    6:33 PM - Tempered.DTK hawk: not only we have to put up with shitters
    6:33 PM - Tempered.DTK hawk: we have to do chors

11:08 PM - hawk (2): lol
    11:08 PM - hawk (2): stfu

Banned
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke's Avatar
    Total Donations For

edszke     $ 0.00
    You're actually wrong about that Morph.

Parking lots have the most collisions but they are usually at low speed so damage and injury tends to be relatively minor.

Streets have most of the serious collisions. Between inattention, lots of people making random movements, going in and out of driveways and turning to/from side streets and lights and stop signs and such there are lots of chances for mistakes.

Controlled access highways (freeways) tend to have the least because the traffic has the most predictable movements. When collisions do happen on these, they tend to be the most serious though because of the high speeds.

Collisions are usually caused by one person doing something that another person does not expect. Surprise is bad on the roads. Predictability techniques need to be more heavily emphasized in driver training.

FRAGILE send with care.
    Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph's Avatar
    Total Donations For

You're actually wrong about that Morph.

Parking lots have the most collisions but they are usually at low speed so damage and injury tends to be relatively minor.

Streets have most of the serious collisions. Between inattention, lots of people making random movements, going in and out of driveways and turning to/from side streets and lights and stop signs and such there are lots of chances for mistakes.

Controlled access highways (freeways) tend to have the least because the traffic has the most predictable movements. When collisions do happen on these, they tend to be the most serious though because of the high speeds.

Collisions are usually caused by one person doing something that another person does not expect. Surprise is bad on the roads. Predictability techniques need to be more heavily emphasized in driver training.
    Smart ass, ill punch you with my bicep p1g

Banned
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    marcusownzz will become famous soon enough marcusownzz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

marcusownzz     $ 0.00
    seated dog.

Banned
    edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke's Avatar
    Total Donations For

edszke     $ 0.00
    youll punch me with your bicep.. because that makes sense.... normally people punch with their fists..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to edszke For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 51.0%

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Yeah i troll and talk shit out of my ass alot. But i don't go overboard or pick a target. ( except for that goodbye thread which is now blocked and the creator shall remain nameless haha.)
    If abused well hey hey. I'm rusty mofo. wrong person to harass cause i have a wide inventory of comebacks.
    But i do not insult any one ever. It's all for a laugh.

And if i feel some one is trolled to the point of abuse.
    Rusty steps in and trolls the troller.
    Last edited by RuStY; 24-02-12 at 10:19 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuStY For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Total Donations For

edszke     $ 0.00
    but what if the troller out trolls you rusty. for example, your name WhY iS iT lIkE tHiS? are you 12?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to edszke For This Useful Post:

FRAGILE send with care.
    Total Donations For

No edszke, no.. just no

no

no, your gay

no
    RIICCHHHHHHH

Banned
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 109

The_Knife_Guy will become famous soon enough The_Knife_Guy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

The_Knife_Guy     $ 10.00
    The only reason people troll me cuz my knuckle can't reach them online. If it was IRL then something else will happen.

But wait? this is internet and I don't really care!

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    but what if the troller out trolls you rusty. for example, your name WhY iS iT lIkE tHiS? are you 12?
    Because im the coolest kid around.
    Rusty cannot be out trolled.

It is impossible.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuStY For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Total Donations For

edszke     $ 0.00
    Nyamad

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by RuStY View Post
    Because im the coolest kid around.
    Rusty cannot be out trolled.

It is impossible.

Took the words right outta my mouth Rusty. :P

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Nyamad
    derka derka

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    mrdevil123 is on a distinguished road mrdevil123's Avatar
    Total Donations For

mrdevil123     $ 0.00
    LOL THATS WHY IRONWOLF "TRIES" TO TROLL ME ALL THE TIME. SOMETIMES I GET DEPRESSED SO I LEAVE ME ROOM AND GRAB A GLASS OF WATER...
    MAKING ME HAVE TO DO THAT MAKES ME SO DEPRESSED.:O ironwolf dont be hipporcritical cheers. you make me depressed i sometimes bight my tongue too hard.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mrdevil123 For This Useful Post:

The Downie Dodo
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 17

Dodo_Man is a splendid one to behold Dodo_Man is a splendid one to behold Dodo_Man is a splendid one to behold Dodo_Man is a splendid one to behold Dodo_Man is a splendid one to behold Dodo_Man is a splendid one to behold Dodo_Man's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Dodo_Man     $ 5.00
    Getting trolled, and teased over the net can make you mad, but not enough to make you depressed at all. Bullying and getting trolled are different. Bullying is constant attacks and they don't stop (though if you don't know them irl, who gives a ♥♥♥♥ really). Troll is just for lols and you gotta laugh at it.

Started from the bottom
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Untouchable     $ 0.00
    We all fck around with our friends irl right? We diss each other all the time, but its for the shits and giggles no harm done.

The internet however is a war zone.
    PSYKER. Unity/IPGN. play.esea.net/users/820122

Banned
    Total Donations For

edszke     $ 0.00
    whats derka derka? and for all the ♥♥♥♥heads out there still attending school, the word is hypocritical not hippocritical.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to edszke For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information