+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyber bullying, and the effects it causes.

From the Financial Times
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Overall activity: 0%
    Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Ironwolf     $ 0.00

Cyber bullying, and the effects it causes.

Cyberbullying is the use of the Internet and related technologies to harm other people, in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner. As it has become more common in society, particularly among young people, legislation and awareness campaigns have arisen to combat it. - Wikipedia

Hey guys,
    I decided to make this thread to bring light to an important, and disturbing issue with online networking and gaming. Cyber bullying and "trolling" is one of the lead causes of, depression, and suicide in younger generations.

I can safely say that nearly all of us have been subject to cyber bullying and victim to personal attacks on the internet. As we move further and further into a technological age, we too have to adapt and overcome any hostile, and personal attacks.

I see it everyday when I log into the Dying to Kill servers. I won't name names, and oust people. But it saddens me to see such blatant negligence for other people's, mental health, and self esteem.

Depression is a very ugly thing, and coming from someone who has suffered from depression, and was even taking medication to combat it at one stage, I can safely say I would never wish it upon anyone at all.

I understand Counter-Strike can be a extremely competitive game for some, and sometimes those lines between bullying, and "having a laugh" with someone can be blurred. Try to think about what you say before you say it. You may not know what personal situation that other person has outside of the internet. Treat others as you would expect them to treat you.

I like to think we can all help each other, and I am a firm believer in "Paying it forward" I will help those that I can, in any way that I can. And maybe someday someone will help me when I need it. If you are ever feeling down and out, or even depressed for any reason at all, don't hesitate to talk to someone about it. Be it online or outside of this community, ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

We are a community, and an online family. Help each other, report any bullying to a more senior member, demo it, whatever you need to do. Put a stop to it if you see it happen in both the forums and the servers.

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Kind regards,
    Ironwolf.
    Last edited by Ironwolf; 26-02-12 at 04:56 AM.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Chaos is on a distinguished road Chaos's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Chaos     $ 0.00
    Nice quoting Wikipedia iron ;D
    And I completely agree to everything your saying
    Nice thread

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 75
    conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] conq     $ 0.00
    Don't take people on the internet seriously. Honestly if you get depressed over people trolling you on counter-strike, just stop playing and take up a new hobby like model trains or something.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Assassin     $ 40.00
    Okay, I am going to go edit wikipedia. It should read.

Cyberbullying is the pussies way of harrassing others via the internet. Getting bullied and being a bully sometimes can happen without you knowing, you might think you are just having a joke but what if the other person takes it too heart. Online there is no way to express how you feel or show a tone of voice while typing, this is an affective stratergy for cyber bullies as they can inflict more than just fear into their targets ; Victims can start to doubt themselves on which tone you are typing in. If you don't have the balls to say something to someones face, Dont say it all - God's Favourite Pedia

Official RuneScape Player
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 839

Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief-'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Lief-     $ 124.63
    a mate of mine, got depressed from cyber bullying, ironwolf, i completely agree with it, great thread
    Love my Lollipops.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lief- For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 51.0%

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Hmm... cyber bullying is not just the only factor in which causes the suicides.

It's outside influences that bring them to a low. They hop online take more shit.
    And yeah you get the picture.

But really if your going to commit suicide because some random types shit at you.

Well thats kinda silly. They don't know anything about you. You don't know anything about them so why even bother taking it seriously.
    It does not make any sense.

From the Financial Times
    Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf has much to be proud of Ironwolf's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by conq View Post
    Don't take people on the internet seriously. Honestly if you get depressed over people trolling you on counter-strike, just stop playing and take up a new hobby like model trains or something.
    I didn't make this thread because I was bullied. I made it for those who have. And not everyone can 'just get over it', we're not all unemotional robots. And besides, I wanted to make the point of, we all have issues outside of the internet, with life. And sometimes the bullying on here can send someone down that road. It only takes one little shove to push someone over the edge, if they're close enough to that edge already, regardless of whether it's over the net, or not.

FRAGILE send with care.
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph has a reputation beyond repute Morph's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Morph     $ 0.00
    No offence to anybody, but

what Conq said exactly. Its not like you know any of the people, not like they know you, your personality, where you live, how you look like. Dont take it seriously...
    *Donates $10*
    11:25 AM <[DtK] [C] Squall>
    Thanks Hawk, i got enough for MW3 and BF3 now
    6:33 PM - Tempered.DTK hawk: not only we have to put up with shitters
    6:33 PM - Tempered.DTK hawk: we have to do chors

11:08 PM - hawk (2): lol
    11:08 PM - hawk (2): stfu

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morph For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke's Avatar
    Total Donations For

edszke     $ 0.00

Getting bullied, everyone will go through it in their lives.. you can't escape it, even bullies get bullied sometime in their life. Yeah I've been bullied before IRL but if you listen to what they say, then it gets to you. So in one ear out the other tbh, also if theres a group standing around and you're getting bullied then why dont you say a really good comeback like '(name of bully), I get it, your parents dont give you enough attention or love at home so you have to come to school/work and put people down to make you feel good about yourself or something along those lines ORRRRRR you can spear tackle the ♥♥♥♥ and put him in a wheelchair.

I am a cyberbullier... im not going to hide it, but what i do is i bring a bit of humor into it.. for example me and morph we hurl insults at each other based on appearance, relations etc.. its all a big laugh. If you dont have a smile on your face while some guys going sick at you then somethings wrong with you. I've just realized i base my examples on morph alot... morphily!!
    Last edited by edszke; 24-02-12 at 03:51 PM. Reason: I have so much to add onto this, but i know its not going to get read lmfao

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edszke For This Useful Post:

From the Financial Times
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Morph View Post
    No offence to anybody, but

what Conq said exactly. Its not like you know any of the people, not like they know you, your personality, where you live, how you look like. Dont take it seriously...

Telling someone who already suffers from depression, to not take cyber bullying seriously, or any bullying, is like trying to fix a severed arm with a bandaid. Completely pointless and doesn't solve the problem.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironwolf For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    marcusownzz will become famous soon enough marcusownzz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

marcusownzz     $ 0.00
    HAHAHA gay.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcusownzz For This Useful Post:

The one and only!
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    PaRRy will become famous soon enough PaRRy will become famous soon enough PaRRy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] PaRRy     $ 0.00
    Ironwolf, this has certainly spoken to me, as i have also battled depression at one point in my life, a fantastic thread, i think it is every DtK member's job to stand up for victims of cyber bullying, we should all take in everyone's own troubles in life, and not make comments we cannot take back
    great thread.

-PaRRy

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaRRy For This Useful Post:

asuh dude

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 304

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    I agree and disagree

personally I don't take anything said over the internet seriously but still I don't know

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

20. The Following User Says Thank You to IcePowered For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Not everybody takes online bullying to heart.
    However some people do. Some people don't have alot of self esteem, or courage, or faith in themselves to be able to ignore somebody who is constantly attacking them, or saying negative things.
    Now, i don't give a shit what people say about me, i never have and i never will. If somebody feels the need to say something totally random and horrid to me, then that's up to them. It doesn't change anything, it doesn't make it true.
    However, to those that can't ignore these nasty things, it just makes them hate themselves, or their situation, or whatever the case may be, even more.
    Like Rusty said, outside things can be bringing somebody down really badly and some random comes along and hates on them could just be the thing to make them snap and that's how the suicides or whatever start. -shrugs-
    Sure, it's as easy as saying 'get over it' or whatever but yeah, for some it's not that easy.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Banned
    edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke has a reputation beyond repute edszke's Avatar
    Total Donations For

edszke     $ 0.00
    Cuffeh, if your that girl in your picture.. your a cutie.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edszke For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Because that's completely on topic,lol.

Banned
    Total Donations For

edszke     $ 0.00
    I just wanted to speak my mind, and speak my mind i did.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Epedemic is a jewel in the rough Epedemic is a jewel in the rough Epedemic is a jewel in the rough Epedemic is a jewel in the rough Epedemic's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Epedemic     $ 0.00
    ^^ Greed edz thou are hawt

anyways ♥♥♥♥....okay good thread, but really shit happens if you can't deal with it do something else.....i RUN A FISHTANK
    Computer Specs
    Case: Corsair 650D
    Ram: Corsair vengeance DDR3 12GB
    Video: MSI GTX 580
    Processor: I72600k Overlcocked at 4.2GHz
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 w/ Scythe GT's
    Case Fans: BF Spectre pro's 2x120mm + 200mm
    Mouse: Logitech G500/Razer Deathadder V2 black edition
    Headset: Tritton AX 720
    Mouse Pad: Razer Scarab Expert
    Power Supply: Coolermaster Gold 1000W
    MoBo: AS ROCK X79 Extreme 4

Just started media editing.

Banned
    Total Donations For

edszke     $ 0.00
    did you just really say thou are hawt ... Shakespeare wont work on girls anymore mate, its the 21st century.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edszke For This Useful Post:

Boobies

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    Quote Originally Posted by conq View Post
    Or certain people can just grow up and stop trying to feed their own ego by talking absolute shyte online hiding behind their monitor like the keyboard warrior they wish they were and get a new hobby. =)
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Muffbag For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information