Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: !!New Skins!!

Some old guy
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Rowdy     $ 55.00

!!New Skins!!

Howdy from Rowdy!

well the time is almost upon us fellow JB'ers!

We are getting custom made, purpose built JB skins for both CT and T sides on the DtK JailBreak server!!

Our friend Dillbro has vested a LOT of time and effort in designing and making these skins for all of us and he deserves a pat on the back for it so if you see him around, say thanks . Nospro has also put some work in finalizing them so that they can be put on the server so holler at him also if you see him.

The Skins:

There will be only one skin for CT side, there will be no choice about what CT skin players will get to make the team look more uniform. it resembles real correctional officers uniforms.

For the T side there is 7 skins, one for each of the ranks; Public,N,M,T,V,JEDI and A (admin), once again players will not have a choice in what skin they get, they wil be assigned a skin based on their DtK forum rank.

All the skins are basically identical except for the rank display on each of them, the resemble real inmate's clothes and are a green jumpsuit.

e.g.

If Dillbro joins the server he will be assigned the Trooper skin as that is his rank.

If I join the server I will be assigned the Admin skin as I am of the Admin rank, all admins EM>C will have the same skin.

The Goal:

The hope is that the players will wear their skin with pride, to show off the rank they have worked hard to attain, it is also hoped that the skins will attract the non-dtk players to join up in order to get a ranked skin of their own.

The skins will also make the server seem more like a gaol with all T's wearing jumpsuits and all guards looking the same so after they go up, give us some feedback as to whether it enhances your playing experience!

GLHF guys!

Troubleshooting:

Some are hving trouble seeing the new skins, so you have to delete the old versions of the skins in order for them to re-download.

1) quit CSS, wont work if u are still ingame

2) delete all files in the following directories:

cstrike/materials/models/player/natalya/CT_JB ;

cstrike/materials/models/player/dtk_jb ;
    cstrike models/player/natalya/CT_JB
    cstrike models/player/DTK_JB

Then start CS and join JB.
    Last edited by Rowdy; 19-02-12 at 05:14 PM.
    aeGis.|DtK|
    GeeSix K.r.o.n.i.c Octave Pand3mic ReNji Rowdy

CPU: intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H70 liquid cooler with single Scythe GT
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz 16GB (2x8GB)
    GPU: Gigabyte 1080 G1 8GB
    Board: AsRock Z270 Pro 4
    SSD: 1x840EVO 120GB, 1x850EVO 120GB, 1x LITEON 250GB
    HDD: 2x WD Caviar blacks 1TB in Raid 0
    PSU: Seasonic X-1050 80Plus Gold 1050W
    Case: Corsair 600T Black
    Mouse: Steelseries Rival 600 + SteelSeries Prism Pad
    Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB TKL (Cherry Red)
    Headset:SteelSeries Arctis 5

Monitors: BenQ XL2430T 24in LED 144Hz + Samsung 24" LED
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    so, you guys want a separate skin that you turn into (50cent) when you become a rebel? or you don't want a rebel skin?
    I THINK what they are saying is they want the !models command to still be functional? So that way they can revert back to the normal skin.

However I propose it should be modified. Whenever you type !models, there is no longer a need for choice, so typing it will automatically choose your default skin and you wont be 50 cent anymore :P
    TopCats Rebelling Guide + Seargent_Stoners Wardening Guide + Mellows Guard Guide
    Processor: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.5GHz w\ Corsair H55 liquid cooling
    Graphics: 2GB ASUS GTX-670
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz
    Monitor: LG 120Hz 3D W2363D
    SSD: 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
    HDD: WD Caviar Green 500GB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulJet View Post
    I've done this sort of thing before a toothbrush shiv along with bare hands as a world model is quite simple. When you replace client side skins on the server though it causes issues which is why on zombies you can see the zombie hands flicker to the knife skin when you lag.
    Alright- I am keen to see what you can do! (If you have the time to have a go of course)
    And regarding the flickering- it totally wouldnt bother me :P.
    Can I suggest you make a thread in the media section so we arent hijacking this one? lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

Official RuneScape Player
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Overall activity: 0%

Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief-'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Lief-     $ 124.63
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    so, you guys want a separate skin that you turn into (50cent) when you become a rebel? or you don't want a rebel skin?
    i still wnat the rebel skin, but to be able to turn back to my orginial skin again

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lief- For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Dillbro is a glorious beacon of light Dillbro is a glorious beacon of light Dillbro is a glorious beacon of light Dillbro is a glorious beacon of light Dillbro is a glorious beacon of light Dillbro is a glorious beacon of light Dillbro's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Dillbro     $ 0.00
    Right, so I guess they want to be able to reset they're model at least, even if they're isn't one to change to.

!models

DtK (T) prisoner for example, which would take you back from 50 cent, to the regular one, that you started with.

And nah, its fine Rowdy, just I saw the N was orange, so I thought the colour coding had been changed :P
    ''For there is no creature so brave as man. What other creature willingly suppresses fear to stand against powers immense enough ...to swallow them whole?''

Banned
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    husy is a name known to all husy is a name known to all husy is a name known to all husy is a name known to all husy is a name known to all husy is a name known to all husy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

husy     $ 0.00
    Thing about not being able to change models is, i used to strategically (and pretty much every1) throw a nade at gunroom door just as it opens, hide, change model, and come back, it creates confusion and panic to most of the ct's and it makes them waste time to go to medic, and they never know who did it unless they saw them, I liked to have an advantage like that on some maps, other then throwing a flash at a ct, them running into it, im a rebel, shot on sight, thats just stupid and pointles, OMG I TOOK 1 DMG, KILL WHOEVER DID IT!!!!!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to husy For This Useful Post:

Some old guy
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Rowdy     $ 55.00
    what if we had a rebel skin that did not stand out so much from the rest?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rowdy For This Useful Post:

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 94

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    why do we even need a rebel skin?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow For This Useful Post:

Prebhunter
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Trustworthy Trigger is a jewel in the rough Trustworthy Trigger is a jewel in the rough Trustworthy Trigger is a jewel in the rough Trustworthy Trigger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Trustworthy Trigger     $ 0.00
    I preffered the old correctional officer skin to be perfectly honest, what was wrong with the tanned uniform? If anything that resembles what most people would consider police in Australia. Perhaps real Australian correctional officers would look different, but I mean come on, it's a game haha. Would the best option not be to have a thread where we could post suggestions, etc? I mean, I know plenty of people would be happy to give skinning up some ideas a go, maybe even adding a new "shiv" world model like what was suggested earlier in this thread (it's not too hard if you have the programs / experience). In regards to the new prisoners skin I kind of feel the same way, even a few minor details added would make a huge difference IMO. A small stroke around the DtK logos, some text changes, and a slight tone adjustment would help the models suit the maps so much better. Either way, thanks to the staff for making these changes, in terms of functionality I like the new system. EDIT: as for the rebellers skin, I agree, why do we even need one? Your skin doesn't F*cking magically change just because you shot someone in real life, it should be up to the CT team to distinguish who is rebelling, etc. HOWEVER, I do believe on a lot of the maps we have, that this would be a problem just due to the already stacked Terrorist opportunities. (Lego,VIP,etc) EDITEDIT:Having serious trouble making paragraphs on the forums lately, just bunches all my shit into a huge clump making it frustrating to read.
    Last edited by Trustworthy Trigger; 20-02-12 at 03:50 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trustworthy Trigger For This Useful Post:

Tigerawr
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Bradstuffer is just really nice Bradstuffer is just really nice Bradstuffer is just really nice Bradstuffer is just really nice Bradstuffer is just really nice Bradstuffer's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Bradstuffer     $ 0.00
    Great work Dill, Good to see you finished the skins before going on your break

That guy
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Rouge is a jewel in the rough Rouge is a jewel in the rough Rouge is a jewel in the rough Rouge's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Rouge     $ 0.00
    New skins Even though i don't play Jb anymore i guess it wouldn't hurt playing for a hour and seeing the V skin...

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    NortoriouS is on a distinguished road NortoriouS's Avatar
    Total Donations For

NortoriouS     $ 0.00
    thanks for the tutorial and the skins look awesome

Tigerawr
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Bradstuffer is just really nice Bradstuffer is just really nice Bradstuffer is just really nice Bradstuffer is just really nice Bradstuffer is just really nice Bradstuffer's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Bradstuffer     $ 0.00
    I'm mates with Dillbro's brother, Shambanation.
    Today I was playing Jailbreak while he watched, and he enlightened me about the skins used on the server.
    He told me that although Dillbro says he made the skins, it was actually Shambanation who put in the time and effort.
    Dillbro was the one with the idea and the communication with the DtK community and admins, but Shambanation created a vast majority of our new skins.

I'm not trying to put down Dillbro, although make sure you give credit where it's due mate :P

Closed Thread

Thread Information