+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Server #5 Thoughts/Views.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sariи     $ 70.00

Server #5 Thoughts/Views.

Hey, i want to hear what everyone has to say about the temp changes on dust2, playing dust2_unlimited with random spawns was great today. Had alot of fun

• Thinking of putting some more dust style maps on the rotation
    • To leave or not to leave random spawns?
    • Was thinking of making it something like dust2, then first to get to 300 kills can either,
    - Leave dust2 on
    - Change to a map of there choice (dust style maps)
    - Make dust2 random spawns

So, please leave as much feedback as you want, also get other people to leave feedback, they a regular, get them to sign up and leave feedback, its easy to register and they can have there say.
    Last edited by Sariи; 26-10-11 at 06:22 PM.
    R.I.P Recoil/♥♥♥n Stab Ya Mate, you'll be missed.
    DtK Nilla Server

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sariи For This Useful Post:

The Doctor
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%

garicks is a jewel in the rough garicks is a jewel in the rough garicks is a jewel in the rough garicks's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] garicks     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    haha change the name and general running of the whole server that's been going very well for 3 years and is one of the most played is Aus/NZ...

Maybe you need to play a little bit more on the server to realise the Dust2 guys play it so much, because of the exact way it is. However, still good you are at least invested in the server to give feedback.
    Yeah, i get your point.. if it aint broke, dont fit it right?
    Well not IMO. I would play a little bit more if it had any half decent maps and not dust2 on repeat

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 317

RUSH will become famous soon enough RUSH's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] RUSH     $ 55.00
    my opinion on all the changes dust2 has implemented is negative. why do we need all those flash bombs, smoke grenades and explosive grenades all happening repeatedly at the same time? accompanied by the default dtk music and the new skins with bannana grenages and watermelons etc. its really too much going on. plus theres users that are talking as well. i started getting a headache after 2 minutes of playing with 35 people on the server. In my opinion its too much going on.
    you cant even concentrate anymore. plus to make things worse theres occasional lag.

Keeping things simple is always the best. plus the intro and outro music has aged. time for a change i think.

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    plus theres users that are talking as well. i started getting a headache after 2 minutes of playing with 35 people on the server. In my opinion its too much going on.
    you cant even concentrate anymore.
    So mute everybody client side.
    Problem solved mate.

Also, you'll notice if you have a look, that the flashes are on trial and are apparently receiving lots of positive feedback so yah.

Sent from my LT15i

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post
    So mute everybody client side.
    Problem solved mate.
    i already do that. plus i have disabled the music.

Also, you'll notice if you have a look, that the flashes are on trial and are apparently receiving lots of positive feedback so yah.

Sent from my LT15i
    they got 2 positive comments.

i forgot to mention the increasing amount of annoying crates and barrels..... why all this stuff?
    -smoke
    -flashes
    -health packs
    -over 3 types of player skins
    -banana grenades
    -watermelon grenades
    -heaps of annoying crates
    -goldengun
    -lasers following shots
    -tails following players
    -annoying barrells
    -car parts
    -tyres
    -music

you might as well throw a bomb in there so terrorists can plant bombs too, and have hosties running around needing to be rescued by ct's. Its become too crowded with un needed gimmicks.
    when is it enough?

my 2 cents is keep it simple, keep it raw.
    if you want trails and bananas go play mario cart.
    keep counterstrike the way it is, dont spoil it.

Mother Figure of DtK.

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

i already do that. plus i have disabled the music.

they got 2 positive comments.

i forgot to mention the increasing amount of annoying crates and barrels..... why all this stuff?
    -smoke
    -flashes
    -health packs
    -over 3 types of player skins
    -banana grenades
    -watermelon grenades
    -heaps of annoying crates
    -goldengun
    -lasers following shots
    -tails following players
    -annoying barrells
    -car parts
    -tyres
    -music

you might as well throw a bomb in there so terrorists can plant bombs too, and have hosties running around needing to be rescued by ct's. Its become too crowded with un needed gimmicks.
    when is it enough?

my 2 cents is keep it simple, keep it raw.
    if you want trails and bananas go play mario cart.
    keep counterstrike the way it is, dont spoil it.
    Mario kart doesn't have banana nades. Jus'sayin'.

Anyway, the special skins, nade skins, laser trails, custom player trails etc are all items purchasable from the !dtkstore.
    This was introduced a little while ago, if you have a look at the top of the chat box, you'll see stickied threads by Squall. Pre'sure the donator one is still there.
    These donator perks are across all DtK servers, not just Dust.

The crates, car parts and shit areeeeeeee part of the dust map. They aren't increasing...they've been the same for yonks. Heaps unsure of why that's an issue.

Also, its de_dust. It is a bomb defusal map...

It's a DM server, the HP is a plugin perk. You also receive them on SMDM and Office. They are well received across these servers and they give you random amounts each time to help avoid HP whores and campers.

The GG is a perk on Dust and also Office. On Dust I think its awesome cause you can ♥♥♥♥ up all the awp campers. There's only one so I don't think its overkill, you can also only fire one bullet at a time at a slower rate, and if you miss your shot you'll undoubtably be killed by your enemy.

Lastly, you said you disabled the music. Why's it still in your list?
    I feel like, if you haaaaaate it this much, why don't you jump on the GG4/GG10 servers instead or try surf or scoutzknives.

Sent from my LT15i

Total Donations For

why would you tell me to play on a different server because im giving feedback?

Mario cart has bananas that you throw to distract other players. same in Dust2DM (for some reason)

the music i disable is all the useless music for when i get some type of killing spree or grenade kill.
    the ending music cannot be disabled. This is the one i am commenting about. reason for wanting to disable it is its become a bit stale now.

Is the feature of the grenade getting stuck on your teammates shoulder and preventing him from moving also a plugin perk? am i allowed to comment on this or will i be ridiculed and belittled for doing so?

The crates and rubbish around the map is an issue because whilst im trying to aim for a head shot, i also have to weave through rubbish, jump crates, hop over a car diff and jump repeatedly to exit the middle of a spare tyre. Also every corner i try to hide in, there is a barrel that i have to shoot out of the way (which reduces my shooting accuracy stats)

Mother Figure of DtK.

Total Donations For

why would you tell me to play on a different server because im giving feedback?

Mario cart has bananas that you throw to distract other players. same in Dust2DM (for some reason)

the music i disable is all the useless music for when i get some type of killing spree or grenade kill.
    the ending music cannot be disabled. This is the one i am commenting about. reason for wanting to disable it is its become a bit stale now.

Is the feature of the grenade getting stuck on your teammates shoulder and preventing him from moving also a plugin perk? am i allowed to comment on this or will i be ridiculed and belittled for doing so?

The crates and rubbish around the map is an issue because whilst im trying to aim for a head shot, i also have to weave through rubbish, jump crates, hop over a car diff and jump repeatedly to exit the middle of a spare tyre. Also every corner i try to hide in, there is a barrel that i have to shoot out of the way (which reduces my shooting accuracy stats)

The bananas on Dust aren't for a distraction. They are nade skins.

Also, utilise the map, don't hide in corners. You're honestly the only person who's got such an issue with the map scenery features. I've not heard anybody else having such issues with aiming around a barrel before.

Total Donations For

The bananas on Dust aren't for a distraction. They are nade skins.

Also, utilise the map, don't hide in corners. You're honestly the only person who's got such an issue with the map scenery features. I've not heard anybody else having such issues with aiming around a barrel before.
    you told me to utilise the map and not to dont hide in corners.................

seriously....?

i use the corners to reload.

and like i predicted, you ridicule me once again.

keep adding your lovely colours and flashing tails.
    add a rainbow in dust2, and give us some pink golf buggies to travel around the map.
    that would be fun! *jiggling in my seat*

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RUSH For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.

Total Donations For

keep adding your lovely colours and flashing tails.
    add a rainbow in dust2, and give us some pink golf buggies to travel around the map.
    that would be fun! *jiggling in my seat*
    That'd be awesome.

Cheers for the feedback.

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    I think Rush is a bit mad since he is an awper and now it's a little bit harder for him. hehe. Also when a teammate has stacked you and throws a nade it glitches your body for a second, has nothing to do with some magic plugin or the specific server.

Plus nothing is being added to dust2 itself(apart from the trial of flashes), which has been pointed out many times now. The DtKStore enables people to purchase nade skins and trails since they have donated to the community, which I see you have. Confusing that you're not getting the concept.

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00

my opinion on all the changes dust2 has implemented is negative. why do we need all those flash bombs, smoke grenades and explosive grenades all happening repeatedly at the same time? accompanied by the default dtk music and the new skins with bannana grenages and watermelons etc. its really too much going on. plus theres users that are talking as well. i started getting a headache after 2 minutes of playing with 35 people on the server. In my opinion its too much going on.
    you cant even concentrate anymore. plus to make things worse theres occasional lag.

Keeping things simple is always the best. plus the intro and outro music has aged. time for a change i think.
    Hi RUSH,

Most of the changes you mentioned are !dtkstore related. These were introduced to give our donators some form of individuality and uniqueness on the servers. It is our way of appreciating the support given from our players. The servers run without any MOTD AD's now and the !dtkstore plays a vital role in keeping it that way.

I can understand your point of view on these 'cosmetic' additions. Being someone who has been playing since the beta versions of the original CS, I still prefer 1.5/1.6 over CSS & CSGO. While these store additions are visible to everybody, all the files are client sided so it is possible to modify them. I will try to make a 'un-store pack' so the players who wish to play with the default grenade skins,etc can simply download the pack and overwrite the store content.

As for the custom skins on Dust2, you can simply type cl_minmodels 1 in the console, it will only allow the default CSS skins (Leet model for T and GIGN for CT)

With regards to the flash grenades and smokes being trialed on Dust2, here's the thing, whether these stay on the server or not depends on the Dust2 players. If majority are for it, this needs to be displayed on the forums , same goes if people are against it. Get a poll going on the Dust2 forums and get regulars from the dust2 server to voice their opinions.

Dust2 Music - again this can be changed. If you suggestions for new music, simply forward it to the Dust2 admins or make a suggestion thread in the D2 forums. Krueger was awesome at selecting and mixing new music for the servers but since he no longer players, we need help from you guys.

The crates,barrels,etc can be removed from the server. I think it was removed for a bit but due to some CSS update issue I had to re-enable them. I will remove the props from the server sometime this weekend.

This thread is quite old and doesn't really apply to the current Dust2. Probably time for a current Dust2 admin to make a new suggestions thread.

Cheers

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 94

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    Hi RUSH,

Most of the changes you mentioned are !dtkstore related. These were introduced to give our donators some form of individuality and uniqueness on the servers. It is our way of appreciating the support given from our players. The servers run without any MOTD AD's now and the !dtkstore plays a vital role in keeping it that way.

I can understand your point of view on these 'cosmetic' additions. Being someone who has been playing since the beta versions of the original CS, I still prefer 1.5/1.6 over CSS & CSGO. While these store additions are visible to everybody, all the files are client sided so it is possible to modify them. I will try to make a 'un-store pack' so the players who wish to play with the default grenade skins,etc can simply download the pack and overwrite the store content.

As for the custom skins on Dust2, you can simply type cl_minmodels 1 in the console, it will only allow the default CSS skins (Leet model for T and GIGN for CT)

With regards to the flash grenades and smokes being trialed on Dust2, here's the thing, whether these stay on the server or not depends on the Dust2 players. If majority are for it, this needs to be displayed on the forums , same goes if people are against it. Get a poll going on the Dust2 forums and get regulars from the dust2 server to voice their opinions.

Dust2 Music - again this can be changed. If you suggestions for new music, simply forward it to the Dust2 admins or make a suggestion thread in the D2 forums. Krueger was awesome at selecting and mixing new music for the servers but since he no longer players, we need help from you guys.

The crates,barrels,etc can be removed from the server. I think it was removed for a bit but due to some CSS update issue I had to re-enable them. I will remove the props from the server sometime this weekend.

This thread is quite old and doesn't really apply to the current Dust2. Probably time for a current Dust2 admin to make a new suggestions thread.

Cheers
    very well spoken squallo... except for this bit:
    Krueger was awesome at selecting and mixing new music for the servers but since he no longer players
    he no longer players

gg squally

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shadow For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    just_findme is on a distinguished road just_findme's Avatar
    Total Donations For

just_findme     $ 0.00
    The crates, car parts and shit areeeeeeee part of the dust map. They aren't increasing...they've been the same for yonks. Heaps unsure of why that's an issue.
    Sent from my LT15i
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post

Cheers
    Thanks squall. Looks like the crates,barrels etc. have been removed.

Also nice response above. This is the sort of sane response I'd expect from a DTK admin.

Regarding the flash bangs, maybe a poll in game would help. I don't think everyone who plays the game goes on this forum.

The Doctor

garicks is a jewel in the rough garicks is a jewel in the rough garicks is a jewel in the rough garicks's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Is it just me or when the server is full/there about you get some mean fps drops.. Mine was dropping to about 70-80 in some places last night with a full server.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by garicks View Post
    Is it just me or when the server is full/there about you get some mean fps drops.. Mine was dropping to about 70-80 in some places last night with a full server.
    Source mod is only meant to support 32 slots, anything over is starting to stretch it. Have Multicore rendering on, it helps a lot.

On full dust server I get around 150 minimum, anything above 60 is perfectly fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The Doctor

Total Donations For

Random spawns when turned on is rather fun. Would there be enough interest to turn this back on or has it already been tried etc etc?

Normal spawns is a bit lame, always end up just awping mid and random spawns would make the game a whole lot more widely spread rather than the same spots being whored all_the_time.

Perhaps there could be a trial ? or atleast a poll thread??

Even like a one week on one week off roation of random spawns/normal spawns would be alright to keep everyone happy.

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    Random spawns when turned on is rather fun. Would there be enough interest to turn this back on or has it already been tried etc etc?

Normal spawns is a bit lame, always end up just awping mid and random spawns would make the game a whole lot more widely spread rather than the same spots being whored all_the_time.
    If there is any admins on mate, ask one of them to put together a vote for random spawns. If the vote passes, its a simple process to turn them on.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Delta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 417

JudgeDredd has a brilliant future JudgeDredd has a brilliant future JudgeDredd has a brilliant future JudgeDredd has a brilliant future JudgeDredd has a brilliant future JudgeDredd has a brilliant future JudgeDredd has a brilliant future JudgeDredd has a brilliant future JudgeDredd has a brilliant future JudgeDredd has a brilliant future JudgeDredd has a brilliant future JudgeDredd's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] JudgeDredd     $ 50.00
    THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING A DUST MAP ON IS BECAUSE ITS DUST2 DM SERVER.

Guitar Already have a voting going on about flashes.
    Dust should have all the tyres and cars thats part of Basic Dust2. Also, Its easier to shoot the barrels on DM as compared to basic Dust2.
    I would appeal to Dust Regulars, Please use voting or generate an opinion about these while in game. We all are part of same community and some of us may have different opinions but in the End we all ONE. So keep the discussions healthy. You can Use "LOL" so it doesn't sound serious. If you get upset come n have a beer with me.

Collect the opinion from regulars, Discuss in game , To know how many support it use voting. Keep it Simple. (If its too hard then grab some alcohol and burn your PC-----Believe me its fun at least do it once).

For the people trolling (e.g. General True Blue)......Use Votebans if No admin is ON. Also, admins need to be transparent about their responsibility when someone they know is in game and they spam mic because admins doesn't say anything. If I don't mute someone trolling simply because he/she is my friend then I shouldnt be in that role that's what I believe. I have witnessed these and hope we can do something about it.

Collaborate and Reach a consensus.

JD

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeDredd For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 442

KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN is a splendid one to behold KRAKEN's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] KRAKEN     $ 55.00

Perhaps there could be a trial ? or atleast a poll thread??

Even like a one week on one week off roation of random spawns/normal spawns would be alright to keep everyone happy.

I always turn em on every now and then. Most of the time once in like 3 or 4 consecutive games. Esp when spawn camping is too much

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KRAKEN For This Useful Post:

The Doctor

Total Donations For

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GuitaR_HerO View Post
    I always turn em on every now and then. Most of the time once in like 3 or 4 consecutive games. Esp when spawn camping is too much
    fair enough. sounds pretty good.

Any chance we can have it auto rotate to dust2 unlimited ?

Also i find general true blue quite funny myself. Doesn't really bother me in the slightest
    Last edited by garicks; 28-09-13 at 09:11 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to garicks For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information