+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 24 hour gaming marathon for charity

"Child-ruining boobstravaganza"
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 0%

Randosaurus Rex is a glorious beacon of light Randosaurus Rex is a glorious beacon of light Randosaurus Rex is a glorious beacon of light Randosaurus Rex is a glorious beacon of light Randosaurus Rex is a glorious beacon of light Randosaurus Rex is a glorious beacon of light Randosaurus Rex's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Randosaurus Rex     $ 10.00

24 hour gaming marathon for charity

Hey guys,
    Some of you may have heard of the charity Child's Play, but if you haven't here's a short intro:
    "Since 2003, over 100,000 gamers worldwide have banded together through Child’s Play, a community based charity grown and nurtured from the game culture and industry. Over 7 million dollars in donations of toys, games, books and cash for sick kids in children’s hospitals across North America and the world have been collected since our inception."

Anyway, what I am proposing is that we get a group of members who are willing and able to play games for 24 hours straight in the name of charity. Anyone who wants to watch the people play will probably watch via a live stream of some sort (using UStream, probably), and can donate to the marathon via some method (probably using ChipIn so the amount can be totaled) and then once the event is over, the money will be sent to Child's Play for them to distribute games and consoles at the Mater Hospital in Brisbane, and the Sydney Children's Hospital. If this goes ahead, I'll be emailing Child's Play to make this an official event too, which will be awesome. Anyway, so what do you guys think? Is this a good idea or what?

FAQ:
    What games will be played?
    Unsure at the moment, probably will be decided at a later date.

This is cool and all, but when is it?
    Well, It will be either before end of term, or after Christmas, so the maximum amount of people can play

I CAN'T PLAY MAKE IT A WEEKEND OR SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!
    I know, I have school, and I want to be able to include the most people as possible.

How can I watch?
    We'll be streaming all games via UStream, and Source games via SourceTV as well.

How do I sign up?
    Application form is here
    Last edited by Randosaurus Rex; 25-10-11 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Well, i had a girl break my heart once. So i broke her jaw. Scores even! BITCH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icehau5
    Half the fun of dling torrents is bitching at people for not seeding then not seeding yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassonberry View Post
    WOW really? I am sorry, but that is the MOST RETARDED suggestion I have seen on these forums since Nic got SA of JB!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randosaurus Rex For This Useful Post:

Randosaurus Rex is a glorious beacon of light Randosaurus Rex is a glorious beacon of light Randosaurus Rex is a glorious beacon of light Randosaurus Rex is a glorious beacon of light Randosaurus Rex is a glorious beacon of light Randosaurus Rex is a glorious beacon of light Randosaurus Rex's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by apoC. View Post
    I will probably do it, but only on the holidays because of exams and important school work. + Social life !
    What is this thing they call a "social life"? Can you download it?

Swyped from my rooted HTC Desire running MIUI-Au 1.9.30 using Tapatalk

The Pro
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 74

Benje has a spectacular aura about Benje has a spectacular aura about Benje has a spectacular aura about Benje's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Benje     $ 10.00
    im up for this let me know when where. im guessing we will be playing css ?
    3hz - just some divine intervention.

My war guides: http://benjescsguides.blogspot.com/
    Need some help on a war map or just want some hints tips and tricks to help in pugs and wars message me on steam or pm me on the forums and we can sort out a time for me to show you what you need to know.

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Benje View Post
    im up for this let me know when where. im guessing we will be playing css ?
    Not just CSS, other games shall be played (*cough*Minecraft, Dead Island, Just Cause 2, etc*cough*)

Swyped from my rooted HTC Desire running MIUI-Au 1.9.30 using Tapatalk

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    crispeh_turtle is on a distinguished road crispeh_turtle's Avatar
    Total Donations For

crispeh_turtle     $ 0.00
    Originally posted by ROFLcer of the Lawl
    What is this thing they call a "social life"? Can you download it?
    Nah its more like a constant stream, u have to stream it rather than download ... unfortunantly :s

Also if there are people who don't have some of the games u suggested are we going to continue on other games and have like 2 groups going or something?

GG Has been
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6

Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Drunk Gamer Dud     $ 10.00
    Im happy to play CS:S straight for 24hours over a weekend provided i can drink copious amounts of booze and cans of mother. Not only will it be great for charity, you lot would be able to see me living up to my name
    (getting wasted) hahaha.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drunk Gamer Dud For This Useful Post:

The Baby
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 48.0%

danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] danieel.     $ 5.00
    Use of those portable toilets and sit on one of them while you game for the 24hrs, then grab a mini fridge and leave it near you, therefore you can go 24hrs straight ! :P
    kehehehehe

morph: hes a sharp as my ♥♥♥♥ing dick

^ o.o dafuq?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to danieel. For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Moo243 will become famous soon enough Moo243 will become famous soon enough Moo243's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Moo243     $ 0.00
    How about a week dan? Perfect Setup! Probs Uncomfortable though....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Moo243 For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by crispeh_turtle View Post
    Also if there are people who don't have some of the games u suggested are we going to continue on other games and have like 2 groups going or something?
    We'll probably have 2 groups - one group of 4-6 people playing for the full 24 hours, and another group of rands and people who want to join in but can't play for the full 24hrs. I'll write up a full FAQ so people won't ask silleh questions.

Banned
    Moo243 will become famous soon enough Moo243 will become famous soon enough Moo243's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Moo243     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcer of the Lawl View Post
    We'll probably have 2 groups - one group of 4-6 people playing for the full 24 hours, and another group of rands and people who want to join in but can't play for the full 24hrs. I'll write up a full FAQ so people won't ask silleh questions.
    Whats a silleh question?

9 Year Member
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 461

Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Cha$e     $ 180.00
    Sounds good. Ill do my best to help out. And drunk gamer dud, Come minigames for a bit

EX-Admin for: TTT, Minigames, Bhop and GG10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SofPIaHKFjE <------- Best TTT vid ever
    DTK member: 8 years

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Moo243 View Post
    Whats a silleh question?
    "WHEN IS IT?" or "WHAT GAMES ARE WE PLAYING?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cha$e View Post
    Sounds good. Ill do my best to help out.
    We're probably going to need some admins to monitor the server and get rid of retarded trolls if they show up.

Banned
    Total Donations For

Moo243     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcer of the Lawl View Post
    "WHEN IS IT?" or "WHAT GAMES ARE WE PLAYING?!"
    Was a rhetorical question but w/e

9 Year Member
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 461

Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Cha$e     $ 180.00
    Come MG and Ill see what I can do Umesh might be able to and I know sly would be keen

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Cha$e View Post
    Come MG and Ill see what I can do Umesh might be able to and I know sly would be keen
    Problem is that MG has MG maps. I certainly couldn't play MG for 24hrs straight, especially when everyone just votes for friggin' pirate wars.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja's Avatar
    Total Donations For

DevilsNinja     $ 0.00
    I think it should be whatever you want to play, especially when within DTK. I know if im to have a go for the 24hrs, it will be ONLY CSS and DTK, and i will change servers as i wish to keep myself interested. Could get a AWESOME LNJB going from like 10pm - 6am during the charity run!
    Come Visit Office DM #119.252.190.65:27176

Where all the action takes place!

Rustlin' Jimmies
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Juggernaut has a reputation beyond repute Juggernaut has a reputation beyond repute Juggernaut has a reputation beyond repute Juggernaut has a reputation beyond repute Juggernaut has a reputation beyond repute Juggernaut has a reputation beyond repute Juggernaut has a reputation beyond repute Juggernaut has a reputation beyond repute Juggernaut has a reputation beyond repute Juggernaut has a reputation beyond repute Juggernaut has a reputation beyond repute Juggernaut's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Juggernaut     $ 0.00
    If League of Legends is on the list of games then ill definitly try take part.

And im sure Dean, Squall and Squirrel would help me out to make a premade team because premades are more fun
    (
    jungle teemo, AD morgana and SONA/LEONA EPIC COMBO!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anyways if you wanna message me on steam with details for this then ill make a premade team for it and see if the other lDtKl [LoL] Guys wanna play

R.I.P Umesh

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsNinja View Post
    I think it should be whatever you want to play, especially when within DTK. I know if im to have a go for the 24hrs, it will be ONLY CSS and DTK, and i will change servers as i wish to keep myself interested. Could get a AWESOME LNJB going from like 10pm - 6am during the charity run!
    I'd play LNJB if we could get an awesome one going.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    If League of Legends is on the list of games then ill definitly try take part.

And im sure Dean, Squall and Squirrel would help me out to make a premade team because premades are more fun
    (
    jungle teemo, AD morgana and SONA/LEONA EPIC COMBO!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anyways if you wanna message me on steam with details for this then ill make a premade team for it and see if the other lDtKl [LoL] Guys wanna play
    I might refine it so we have, say 3 groups for the 24hrs, one for CS:S, one for LoL and one for something else (BF3?).

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsNinja View Post
    Definitley agree with you. It should be any server and not just one server.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

In Game - CS:GO
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 301

Hagi3l is a splendid one to behold Hagi3l is a splendid one to behold Hagi3l is a splendid one to behold Hagi3l is a splendid one to behold Hagi3l is a splendid one to behold Hagi3l is a splendid one to behold Hagi3l's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Hagi3l     $ 5.00
    All the counter strikes, not just CSS. Plus a bit of BF3 like said above ;D

GFX: Sapphire HD7870 OC 2G
    CPU: Intel Core i7 950 Processor LGA1366
    MOBO: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    Case: CoolerMaster RC-922M-KKNI HAF Black
    PSU: Corsair HX-650 ATX
    RAM: Corsair 6GB (3x 2GB) TR3X6G1600C8D
    HDD's:
    1 - Western Digital 1TB
    2 - Seagate 2TB
    3 - Western Digital 400GB
    SSD: OCZ 120G Vertex II E Series
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013
    MousePad: Razer Goliathus Omega
    Keyboard: Logitech G19
    Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780
    Speakers: Logitech X 540
    Monitors:
    1 - BenQ GW2750HM 27-inch
    2 - Samsung SyncMaster 2333 23-inch

Total Donations For

App form is available!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information