Thread: Ozzie's guide to avoid Mic spam

Casual Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Ozzie will become famous soon enough Ozzie's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Ozzie     $ 0.00

Ozzie's guide to avoid Mic spam

This is meant as a guide only and hopefully will limit the amount of new threads started with regards to Mic spam, for e.g "Mic spam is getting worse guys" etc.

If there is mic spam, there are 3 things which can be done
    1. Warden
    1a. The warden can remind the T's that talking over the warden will get you shot.
    This can often silence them or if they still dont stop mic spamming then simply
    1b. Get them to unstack and shoot them as either a warning to the offenders or kill them. You must be fair with this though and kill all offenders.

2. Admins can deal with them through;
    (This is not meant to infer that JB admins don't know what to do or how to deal with the offenders. This is just a refresher course for both them and for all JB users as to the Admin powers and way they deal with offenders)

2a. Mute either the offender or multiple offenders, often simply just mute the T team as a whole. Whilst easier to do, this isnt the best option as it can often result in delaying the round as the T's will ask for repeat of orders, or get "freekilled" as they didnt realised they were muted when asking for orders.
    Please try to mute the individuals rather than the team as this does lead to round delays, yet I do see the point of it to mute all T's so that the warden can finish his orders (if giving them)

2b. Threaten with bans or kick,

then obivously follow through if they still don't listen.

3. If no admin is on !cp
    All members should be aware of how to use !cp but remember not to abuse it. !cp should only be used as a last resort when NO admins are on, AND warnings are not working.

If there are any typo's or I have said something incorrect let me know so I can ammend it.
    Have a great day!!
    "I’m down with the black girls of every single culture
    Filipino-Armenian girls on my sofa
    Yeah, I like the white girls, sometimes we get together
    Need a thick chick, though, so it’s black and yellow, black and yellow
    Love is a trip, but ♥♥♥♥ing is a sport
    Are there Asian girls here? Minority report"
    Effalump {Elk} : I earn more than $500 on the corner

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozzie For This Useful Post:

[KEA]
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 0%
    Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Mr. Purplicious     $ 0.00
    Nice guide mate.
    [/LEFT]
    [/RIGHT]

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Pand3mic has a reputation beyond repute Pand3mic has a reputation beyond repute Pand3mic has a reputation beyond repute Pand3mic has a reputation beyond repute Pand3mic has a reputation beyond repute Pand3mic has a reputation beyond repute Pand3mic has a reputation beyond repute Pand3mic has a reputation beyond repute Pand3mic has a reputation beyond repute Pand3mic has a reputation beyond repute Pand3mic has a reputation beyond repute Pand3mic's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pand3mic     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    2. Admins can deal with them through;
    (This is not meant to infer that JB admins don't know what to do or how to deal with the offenders. This is just a refresher course for both them and for all JB users as to the Admin powers and way they deal with offenders)

2a. Mute either the offender or multiple offenders, often simply just mute the T team as a whole. Whilst easier to do, this isnt the best option as it can often result in delaying the round as the T's will ask for repeat of orders, or get "freekilled" as they didnt realised they were muted when asking for orders.
    Please try to mute the individuals rather than the team as this does lead to round delays, yet I do see the point of it to mute all T's so that the warden can finish his orders (if giving them)

2b. Threaten with bans or kick,

then obviously follow through if they still don't listen.
    We have and will continue to kick and ban those who are spamming
    Great guide mate, lets hope some spammers will read this and stop.

Cheers
    aeGis.|DtK|
    GeeSix K.r.o.n.i.c Octave Pand3mic ReNji Rowdy
    9:23 PM - Morph': dude
    9:24 PM - Morph': we should meet up irl and binge eat
    9:32 PM - morph: are u cheating

Closed Thread

Thread Information