+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: player name origins

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 0%
    jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] jimmyshoes     $ 0.00

Cool player name origins

whilst some players names are relatively easy to see the reason's or perhaps origins for them, others are not. mine for example comes from a song by my favourite band "Bon Jovi" yea showing my age now. In a verse from the song "These Days" i got my name :
    [B]" jimmyshoes, he busted both his legs, trying to learn to fly. from a second story window he just jumped, closed his eyes. his mama said he was crazy, he said mama i gotta try, don't you know all my hero's died. and i guess I'd rather die than fade away" [/B]
    and hence the birth of jimmyshoes the cs:s playername was born.
    I'm sure there is some great/interesting/funny even sad reasons for peoples playernames.
    share your origins and reason for your playernames with the group

jimmyshoes

Japanese Corespondant
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Stompy is a splendid one to behold Stompy is a splendid one to behold Stompy is a splendid one to behold Stompy is a splendid one to behold Stompy is a splendid one to behold Stompy is a splendid one to behold Stompy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Stompy     $ 0.00

Origin's Of Stompy:

Gather round kiddies for a tale, the Story of Stompy.

Once upon a time, in a land called "Year 3 Scripture Class" our teacher made us write our names on a card and put it on our desk so she could remember them. I wrote my at that point improvised nickname "CyberKid" on it. it stuck for about a year, until i realised how gay it sounded, so in year 4 after playing runescape and doing something with "Cosmic" runes, i renamed my nickname to "Cosmo". Tbh, i actually like that name alot, and will probably use it ingame every now and then. However, people thought i had copied a TV show on at the time known as "Fairly Odd Parents" with one of the main characters also conicidently called "Cosmo".

So in about year 5 or 6, I had all buddies round one night and we were playing a tight session of Halo, instead of choosing a profile to use, I chose the Default profile which assigns you a random name. The first round i got "Saucy", i thought it was funny but the next round i got "Stompy" and it stuck from that moment on, i was known as Stompy Even some of my martial art colleagues/Students call me "Instructor Stompy".

So, had i not recieved the name Stompy by the Gods of Halo, i would be known as Saucy

And so far, Stompy has lived happily ever after
    Last edited by Stompy; 19-01-12 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frendy View Post
    |Frendy| <3 Dubstep :-): Got a demo for that person?
    Stompy [D3MI$3's Bro]: yes
    |Frendy| <3 Dubstep :-): Okay upload and link
    Stompy [D3MI$3's Bro]: lol, hope i'm not pissing you off with this
    |Frendy| <3 Dubstep :-): Lol nahh
    |Frendy| <3 Dubstep :-): i like banning people
    |Frendy| <3 Dubstep :-): makes me feel like a man
    |Frendy| <3 Dubstep :-):
    ProWarden.

LIKE A BOSS

Another Helpful and Useful post by Stompy!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stompy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Rykker is on a distinguished road Rykker's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] Rykker     $ 0.00
    Deffinatley a story worth reading =). Also, i will giggle if i see you in game with the name Saucy =P
    Last edited by Rykker; 19-01-12 at 05:57 PM.

♥♥♥ da haters
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    foxxayy has a reputation beyond repute foxxayy has a reputation beyond repute foxxayy has a reputation beyond repute foxxayy has a reputation beyond repute foxxayy has a reputation beyond repute foxxayy has a reputation beyond repute foxxayy has a reputation beyond repute foxxayy has a reputation beyond repute foxxayy has a reputation beyond repute foxxayy has a reputation beyond repute foxxayy has a reputation beyond repute foxxayy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] foxxayy     $ 0.00
    I have no reason
    Previous aliases
    Agent05041 <- When I was a preb
    JDbros
    silverfox
    s.foxxayy
    foxweOw
    foxxayy

Future Hokage
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 537
    The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] The-Rev38     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxayy View Post
    I have no reason
    Previous aliases
    Agent05041 <- When I was a preb
    JDbros
    silverfox
    s.foxxayy
    foxweOw
    foxxayy
    thought they called you foxxayy coz ur foxxay
    Tonic: if the federalis went thought my pc, i'd be going to jail for many many years
    Naruto Uzumaki: I'm not gonna run away and I never go back on my word, that is my nindō! My ninja way!"
    Jugga- OMG What's that sound, it's sounds a bulldozer took a shit on your lawn
    Some randwould you rather watch your perents have sex 1000 times or join in once
    Regs :Can I fondle my willy if I watch?

I'm sexy as can be
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285

Kylie Jenner has a reputation beyond repute Kylie Jenner has a reputation beyond repute Kylie Jenner has a reputation beyond repute Kylie Jenner has a reputation beyond repute Kylie Jenner has a reputation beyond repute Kylie Jenner has a reputation beyond repute Kylie Jenner has a reputation beyond repute Kylie Jenner has a reputation beyond repute Kylie Jenner has a reputation beyond repute Kylie Jenner has a reputation beyond repute Kylie Jenner has a reputation beyond repute Kylie Jenner's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Kylie Jenner     $ 160.00
    group of friends made a clan... theres dylax trylax bilax gorrilax godslax highlax... and the creator of all the names was trylax.
    so the name just stuck wif me...

previously name was the dream soulja boiiiiiz... both rap artists.
    SQWAAAAAAAAH

EIWWWWW
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Xplicid     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    So, had i not recieved the name Stompy by the Gods of Halo, i would be known as Saucy
    Nope. You said 'Saucy' was derived from Halo a round earlier than being named Stompy?

If it wasn't for halo, you'd be known as Cosmos or whatever

Large Member
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 6.0%

daillvibe has a reputation beyond repute daillvibe has a reputation beyond repute daillvibe has a reputation beyond repute daillvibe has a reputation beyond repute daillvibe has a reputation beyond repute daillvibe has a reputation beyond repute daillvibe has a reputation beyond repute daillvibe has a reputation beyond repute daillvibe has a reputation beyond repute daillvibe has a reputation beyond repute daillvibe has a reputation beyond repute daillvibe's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] daillvibe     $ 30.00
    This is a great thread, many interesting stories which I have enjoyed reading - it's funny how we get influenced by so many things, the individual's perception being the key.

Anyhoo my name is pretty basic really, allow me to express in song. 720p ftw, and a system or headphones with bass. (an appreciation for lyrical skills is important)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvXDOVQqrtk

Gloom
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Link     $ 0.00
    Friendly bump, i'm really interested to see what other peoples usernames come from and mean
    Mine:
    wzard-back when i played the first xbox i would play with friends and i would absolutely demolish them in halo 1,2,fuzion frenzy and other good games like that. One guy called me a wizard because "i came outta no where" so i just used wzard for everything :P
    Link-I was given a N64 along with Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time by my cousin when i was 5. So me being a total LoZ freak i use the name Link commonly.
    KT: Your are a god
    KT: It would be an honour to lick your toes
    KT: You are everything

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 87
    FumbelyBumbely will become famous soon enough FumbelyBumbely's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] FumbelyBumbely     $ 0.00
    My old name Blaze in the nothern sky was off a song i think it was ages ago
    Fumbely Bumbely: Cause I got stung by a bumble bee and my grandparents where up at my house so i couldnt so f*ck so i said FUMBELY
    and hence forth ive been known as Fumbely Bumbely

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FumbelyBumbely For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    ShotgunMaster will become famous soon enough ShotgunMaster's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] ShotgunMaster     $ 0.00
    My name's origin is from Counter-Strike from when I was playing a map called pool day (or something similar), and solo won with a pump-action shotgun versing 7 people when my teammates all died. I think I just used Shotgun as my name for a while, but at some point added Master.
    Before that I had always used the name my brother had set as my username.... Don't ask.

Interesting fact: People often misread my name and call me Shogun Master and just the other day someone said Shadow Master.

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    Delta: cuz im a boss! Haha. Cant really remember how I got the name. But myself and a few of the boys had a computer hacking group at our school. We were all decent/ good programmers at the time. Almost got expelled with a criminal record because of it lol. Don't judge me. I was 15.

AVerySpecialTitle.
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 358

GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk has a reputation beyond repute GmanSk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] GmanSk     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Delta: cuz im a boss! Haha. Cant really remember how I got the name. But myself and a few of the boys had a computer hacking group at our school. We were all decent/ good programmers at the time. Almost got expelled with a criminal record because of it lol. Don't judge me. I was 15.
    No wonder you perm ban everyone, you're the real hacker!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GmanSk For This Useful Post:

Gloom
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link has a brilliant future Link's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Link     $ 0.00
    Gman, I've always wondered where did GmanSK come from?

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Kanuge is a splendid one to behold Kanuge is a splendid one to behold Kanuge is a splendid one to behold Kanuge is a splendid one to behold Kanuge is a splendid one to behold Kanuge is a splendid one to behold Kanuge's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Kanuge     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Gman, I've always wondered where did GmanSK come from?
    Probally not from half-life

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kanuge For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Had quite a few alias's over the years.

Rydog - So my friends in primary school used to call me this and it catched on. Was my RS username back when I played.

Rydogaa - Rydog was taken so I used it for XBOX live. I kinda liked it and ended up using it for a while.

Defined Fate - Saw some guy on RS with the name and quite liked it, had it for a year or so.

Destiny - Had it for ~3-4 months. Randomly felt like a name change and came up with this!

Stryder - Aragon from LOTR is also named "Stryder", as seen in the first movie. Dunno, just felt awesome xD

lForce - Random :S

Complexity - Was looking for a new name, an assignment I was doing had the word "Complexity" in it and I quite liked it, and went from there.

Lux - Started using it recently, inspired by Lux from LoL. Dunno, I just like the name :S

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 493

PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz has a reputation beyond repute PotatoDreamz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

PotatoDreamz     $ 55.00
    P3nguin- my brother was helping me ser up my forum account and showing how to work it as this is the first ever forum ive ever used so he randomly named it P3nguin.

PotatoDreamz- one day i watched my brother play this game and i asked him what it was and he told me counterstrike source. From there on i had total intrest in the game and decided id use a bit of my pocket money to buy it. He then once again helped me. I originally wanted it to be butnugged cos im wierd but he said no that wierd. Me and him use to always watch this guy on youtube play videogames nAmed potatoorgy. We always named things potatosomething so he made it... PotatoDreamz. Ever since ive used that name C:

Sent from my lunchbox360 using Tapatalk

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915 has much to be proud of SniperHero915's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] SniperHero915     $ 0.00
    The names I've used in the years:
    AllTime1337: When I was a dud. Only used it on CA
    Smiffy Sudden Craziness/Randomness/Whateverness: Was part of a L4D clan called Smiffy Sudden which then merged with 2 other people, solid snake and choco/wtf his name is. We made Smiffy Choco Solid Snake, but it died with in a month.
    Beaster Bunny: Got bored of Easter, so I thought of a murderous name
    Yuno/Takashi/Vash/Ichigo/Light: In order (from left 2 right); Mirai Nikki, Highschool of the dead, Trigun, Bleach and Death Note
    and last but not least, my forum name:
    SniperHero915: Back when I was a P2W scrub, I liked to play ijji and Nexon, and one day I forgot my acc so I had to make a new one, so I just mimicked what I did when I played those games and BAM Sniperhero915. it's also how i got my password.

Ballon D'or Winner.
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 228
    ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB     $ 0.00
    I don't even know with my name anymore..

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB View Post
    I don't even know with my name anymore..
    Lemme guess, you were pwning sum noobs on CoD and you thought you were elite but a friend so "no nub" so you combined them all to create elite pwnage nub.
    yuor a joke m8.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

Hide my tattoos in Shibuya
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 824

Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pilot Jones     $ 50.00
    Pilot Jones:

My last name is coincidentally Jones and I get higher than a fighter pilot.

The Nasty Man/ Mister Nasty:
    I use this when I troll on other games and fire shots at the haters cause I'm nasty and get on everybody's nerves and they always have to point out tha obvious like "Oh you're a wannabe american" lmfaoooo.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information