Closed Thread

Thread: Disciplinary Action for Admin

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    effy351 is on a distinguished road effy351's Avatar
    Total Donations For

effy351     $ 0.00

Disciplinary Action for Admin

My post queries the tolerated behaviour of DTK admin staff towards less experienced players on DTK servers.

As per the attached screenshot, which captures the chat log from the DTK Nilla Server (on Saturday 10 August at approximately 10:10pm), admin, alias "mental" conveys his dissatisfaction towards another team member, alias "daffy" (on the server at that time), with rather profound, disrespectful language for their alleged "poor" contribution to the winning team throughout the round. Noting the captured chat commentary quickly followed a verbal spray of abuse from the admin over the mic. Perhaps as a response to not performing to the desired skill level of the admin personnel, albeit the “offender” not performing any illegal gameplays or actions nonetheless, it is questioned whether the subsequent behavior of the admin staff; to hurl abuse, insults, and most unfortunate embarrassment towards the less experienced gamer, is warranted, or accepted in such a server.

As a witness to this rather unprofessional admin outburst, I feel the necessary disciplinary action must be taken towards this admin staff, not only to ensure a reputable standard for the DTK brand is upheld, but to perhaps also educate these younger Junior staff of their responsibilities as a representative of a brand, and to remind them also of the maturity and diligence that must come with holding such a position and role in any community.

In any case, there is no need to reply to my thread, for I am only a saddened witness to this unpleasant event experienced on the server, though I trust the Senior DTK personnel will follow up and handle this serious matter accordingly and issue the constructive disciplinary action seemingly necessary at this point in time, to improve the future conduct of this younger staff member; and henceforth ensure the DTK servers are a fun, enjoyable experience for all gamers of varied skill levels!

Thanks again to the DTK community for what you offer to the longstanding Counter Strike Source! PEACE <3
    Attached Images

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to effy351 For This Useful Post:

Well done Apple.
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental has a reputation beyond repute Mental's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Mental     $ 30.00
    I appreciate you coming fourth.

Yeah I said what I said. Do I agree with my behavior at the time, no not at all and I do apologies for the outburst for sure. Obviously there isn't an excuse for my comments made during the time of frustration.

However, I will raise a few discretions with some of your ideas of daffy. In that game alone, daffy had continuously failed to even make a single attempt at completing the objective. From completely disregarding the enemies and letting them walk right through, killing 3 team-mates including me to just down right sitting in corners at spawn doing absolutely nothing. "Less-experience" is far from the truth for someone playing 12 years and with 300+ connections to the server and I know a lot of people in the server that share the same sentiment.

Again this obviously isn't an excuse for letting my anger at the time get the best of me, and yes as an admin, I should know better than anyone about treating players. I will send my apologies to daffy and will do better at letting my anger control the way I treat other players alike. I respect and admire you for also coming on here and defending another player who has been publicly wronged.

Again, I apologise to those who were on at the time and witnessed the outburst and hold myself accountable to how I acted.
    Last edited by Mental; 12-08-24 at 02:17 AM.

Junior Admin for Server #9 CSS Nilla/Rotational: 45.121.211.55:27063

mental: Don't lie you like it when I bite your toe nails
    hambingus: WHAT THE F*CK

[4:25 PM] TRL | Cloud Freedom-Fighter: absolutely gas yourself

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mental For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Overall activity: 0%

snapperfisho has a spectacular aura about snapperfisho has a spectacular aura about snapperfisho has a spectacular aura about snapperfisho's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] snapperfisho     $ 80.00
    Homophobic slurs should not be tolerated by any member let alone admins! Any type of discrimination against race religion or sexual orientation surly is in the guidelines.
    SO what the guy wanted to play the way he wanted to play its there gaming experience and they are the ones pressing the keys , so people had to wait while he had his round , could have been a friend playing that round or two who was newb. Its not like the rounds are 15min long.
    Noted your apology
    Last edited by snapperfisho; 12-08-24 at 12:33 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snapperfisho For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Delirious_slick will become famous soon enough Delirious_slick's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Delirious_slick     $ 10.00
    so while i dissagree with the homophic remarks and abuse, i kinda understand the anger Mental showed. (not at all condoning what he said)
    the server has been attracting lots and lots of trolls, toxic people etc that fail to do objectives, camp and waste time and so on. i have seen some admins slay/kick those types of people and some have learnt there lessons from it, however some still continue to do so.

as someone who isnt an admin at the moment, i do hope that Mental is serious about the appology, he is always helpful and forthcoming and down to earth an awesome bloke to play with and even banter with

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delirious_slick For This Useful Post:

Dedicated Mag Passer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass has much to be proud of Pass's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pass     $ 35.00
    i think we should ban mental and ban awps while we're at it

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pass For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи has a reputation beyond repute Sariи's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Sariи     $ 70.00
    Words also hurt my feelings. Requesting Mental be spanked
    R.I.P Recoil/♥♥♥n Stab Ya Mate, you'll be missed.
    DtK Nilla Server

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariи For This Useful Post:

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 99.2%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1125.00
    The above highlights the reasons NOT to push that mic button/Type away in a frenzy, even though you feel aggrieved at a team mates action or non-action.

The admin in the spotlight has been disciplined and we acknowledge his sincere and unreserved apology.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information