+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I come bearing a new map [gg_darktower]

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    guac. is on a distinguished road guac.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

guac.     $ 0.00

I come bearing a new map [gg_darktower]

Hey all, been spending free time after work on this little project. Ended up nice and polished. Has its own sound design, and uses many of the old Source engine's graphical features. After much labor, it feels pretty finished.

Feel free to download it at this gamebanana link, and try it out. Max those settings out.

https://gamebanana.com/mods/511722

Having reached a relatively finished version of the map, I'm very keen on some feedback and suggestions. So far, it has only been play tested using fairly lame bots.

I'm also interested in contributing to any further projects and making more content for DTK servers, as the recent improvements in the Hammer development work-flow have really motivated me to get back into mapping, after perhaps a decade of not opening Hammer, and become highly skilled with the tools.

Hope you guys enjoy the map, and I hope to see you all running around the thing having fun once it's live. Peace.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guac. For This Useful Post:

TassieDevil
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 48.0%

greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] greg256     $ 20.00
    Hey guac.
    Thanks for posting,

Nice map, no as big as it first looks, with a handful of players on each side rounds should go fairly quickly.
    I really like the room up the top that allows you to jump to a high viewing point, great fun.

My only criticism is the white panels and lights around to side of the map and up the top, its a bit dazling and IMO distracts from the colours and textures of the map.

Other than that great work.

TassieDevil
    GunGame DM Server#4 Senior Administrator

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    guac. is on a distinguished road guac.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

guac.     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by greg256 View Post
    Hey guac.
    Thanks for posting,

Nice map, no as big as it first looks, with a handful of players on each side rounds should go fairly quickly.
    I really like the room up the top that allows you to jump to a high viewing point, great fun.

My only criticism is the white panels and lights around to side of the map and up the top, its a bit dazling and IMO distracts from the colours and textures of the map.

Other than that great work.

TassieDevil
    Thanks for the feedback. I can't un-see this now. Will be dialed down slightly in the next version.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to guac. For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information