+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi.. After a very long time

GG Has been
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%

Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Drunk Gamer Dud     $ 10.00

Hi.. After a very long time

Howdy all,

A rusty piece of the furniture checking in after a long time away. I still occasionally get onto the GG DM server but I cannot quite keep up with the best of them these days haha. I am usually pretty drunk when I play so hopefully I see some of you on there and hopefully I remember.

On a side note, I need to work on an issue with the internet carrier TPG. I found a non optimal route in their network between me in Perth and the 45.121.211.X/24 network in I believe Sydney that hosts CSS servers, including DtK's GGDM among others so I can't really play right now thanks to 200ms ping. Fun times... Hopefully I can get past their level 1 support and speak to someone who can examine their kit.

In the meantime, any other old farts around? haha

DGD

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drunk Gamer Dud For This Useful Post:

TassieDevil
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 48.0%

greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256 has a brilliant future greg256's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] greg256     $ 20.00
    Great to hear from a long time GGDM player, Welcome back, hope to see you in-game.

As for your connection issues, i know of a couple of GGDM players in Perth and Wollongong using TPG/iiNet experiencing this issue,
    They have been experiencing this issue for approx 2+ weeks.

It appears TPG/iiNet show little interest in correcting this issue.

Was an iiNet customer for nearly 12 years before TPG too over iiNet, after that their service turned to shit so i moved over to AussieBB and never looked back.
    Last edited by greg256; 18-03-23 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Typo
    GunGame DM Server#4 Senior Administrator

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 78
    zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco is a name known to all zarco's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] zarco     $ 0.00
    Yes it is a Routing problem ...2 weeks age there was a major melt down accross Australia wide... it over 6 hours to fix...resulting the Routing problem... TPG/iiNet are owned by GSL in Singapore ...I think they couldnt fix so they have just rerouted us through GSL Singapore to get the systen up... dirty deeed has had some communication from them
    Ive had a tech out and he's ran a tests taken screen shots...and its all clear from there end and problem on the gaming servers.....I told him if not fixed by 5 pm Monday that after 22 years I be terminating.......he just will continue to test with his Osbourne park team
    Last edited by zarco; 17-03-23 at 11:16 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zarco For This Useful Post:

GG Has been
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6

Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Drunk Gamer Dud     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by zarco View Post
    Yes it is a Routing problem ...2 weeks age there was a major melt down accross Australia wide... it over 6 hours to fix...resulting the Routing problem... TPG/iiNet are owned by GSL in Singapore ...I think they couldnt fix so they have just rerouted us through GSL Singapore to get the systen up... dirty deeed has had some communication from them
    Ive had a tech out and he's ran a tests taken screen shots...and its all clear from there end and problem on the gaming servers.....I told him if not fixed by 5 pm Monday that after 22 years I be terminating.......he just will continue to test with his Osbourne park team
    Thanks for the info. I tried to contact them last weekend but their contact centre wait times are ridiculous. Certainly changed from when I worked there many years ago.

The trace hits TPG node 203.221.3.3 before timing out with a reasonable response time (still in Aus), then the following hop times out (probably a firewall) then the next hops are a number of nodes within a domain called cogentco.com and at that point are over 200ms, a non named node 38.122.104.162 before finally hitting gslnetworks nodes and then hitting the server.

Didn't know about the outage, maybe some hardware died and they haven't got replacements and this is the next best route. I'd love to see that communication, I might message dirtydeed. Ive been with Westnet/iiNet/TPG for over 15 myself, and while I would hate to move away, I will if they choose not to rectify. It would also be poor for them not to fix, because who knows how many other routes are impacted.

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Overall activity: 99.9%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1140.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Gamer Dud View Post
    Howdy all,

I still occasionally get onto the GG DM server but I cannot quite keep up with the best of them these days haha. I am usually pretty drunk when I play so hopefully I see some of you on there and hopefully I remember.DGD
    Asif, you're a gun player/ A wolf in sheep's clothing, ya drunkard

And yes, hopefully tpg/iinet gets this sorted quickly as there are many of our regs on all our servers being affected by this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information