+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: At what age should a man start wearing socks and sandals?

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Overall activity: 0%

Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Rubicon     $ 460.00

At what age should a man start wearing socks and sandals?

A bit random but a genuine question: most Aussies seem to mock men of a certain age wearing socks and sandals...yet there seems to be a point at which we/they think it's a good idea and happily head into town or around the caravan park wearing the combo. I've seen loads of them recently, either grey or turning grey and apparently oblivious to how stupid they look. Now, as a foreigner, it all seems a bit ludicrous, but I've always been a toe-the-line kinda guy and want to fit in with the general herd. So is there a semi-official yet unspoken age at which Auusie men are supposed to do that, or is it an internal thing where you just wake up one morning, look at yourself with the gear on and think, "this looks good" (like the lycra thing). I'm 47 this year and don't want to fall behind my demographic. It also seems to have a stronger effect on guys who wear belt pouches for their mobile phones.

Also, don't say "Never lol" because it's a lie, look around you. They're everywhere. It's like an anti-fashion virus which only affects certain people.
    I want to live forever. So far so good.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 353

Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon has a reputation beyond repute Rubicon's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] Rubicon     $ 460.00
    Quote Originally Posted by PigSy View Post
    Talk about deflecting here Rubi, soz bud, but everyone needs to see the real you

Rubi at 10am with can in hand!
    Bugger off mate, I never wear singlets.

Not sandals but this was spotted today while I was taking my daughter to her birthday party - would one of you native borns kindly explain to me WTF this is all about?

The rest of the subject (diplomatically cut off at the waist to preserve anonymity) had opted for the "muscular, tattooed and most definitely NOT in the closet" version of manliness.
    Last edited by Rubicon; 26-02-23 at 10:35 PM.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
    fastball has a spectacular aura about fastball has a spectacular aura about fastball's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] fastball     $ 0.00
    Socks and crocs as well as socks and birks have been staple of my fashion for the past 3ish years, and I'm turning 31. I believe you just have the embrace the practicality and comfort that comes along with such a decision

Casual Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Mr_Magoo is just really nice Mr_Magoo is just really nice Mr_Magoo is just really nice Mr_Magoo is just really nice Mr_Magoo's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Mr_Magoo     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    It'd take real dedication to wear that in a country where it pisses with rain 90% of the time and litter is ankle deep. Defo an Aussie thing, you're going to have to own it I'm afraid. No dodging the bullet on this one matey boy.
    I have been to the beach on a hot summers day in England 22 degrees, I still had my shirt and jeans on but the UK men have their tops off and look like tomatoes with their shorts, sandals and socks on.
    I would say it is a very UK thing hahaha

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 186

The.Real.Milk.Man has a spectacular aura about The.Real.Milk.Man has a spectacular aura about The.Real.Milk.Man has a spectacular aura about The.Real.Milk.Man's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] The.Real.Milk.Man     $ 30.00
    Hmm, 47 you say Rubi? Then you definitely need some lycra bike shorts and flip flops which will accommodate a pair of knee length socks comfortably. The more pastel the colour combinations the better.

Monkey Crew
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 99.2%

PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy has a reputation beyond repute PigSy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] PigSy     $ 1125.00
    LMAO Rubi, I didn't know you worked for the ABC news

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-...rend/102135154

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PigSy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 79
    aries is a splendid one to behold aries is a splendid one to behold aries is a splendid one to behold aries is a splendid one to behold aries is a splendid one to behold aries is a splendid one to behold aries is a splendid one to behold aries's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] aries     $ 0.00
    its a better look than the fishnet stockings and high heels you parade around in rubicon---lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to aries For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 28
    AhmedKhan is on a distinguished road AhmedKhan's Avatar
    Total Donations For

AhmedKhan     $ 0.00
    Is there an unspoken age when Aussie men start thinking socks and sandals are a good idea, or do they just wake up one day and decide it looks good, like with lycra?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information