View Poll Results: restricting the bhopping?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • remove any rules specific to bhopping

15 57.69%
  • leave as is

11 42.31%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bhopping on server 4

Casual Member
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SpAc3y     $ 0.00

bhopping on server 4

Can we seriously look into removing the bhopping rules from server 4? All it has done is restrict the movement of good players and bhoppers in favour for the players who aren't that good. Making the game easier for the players who don't want to or cant get better. In my opinion there should never be any rules against movement that is part of the game. Even tho admins are currently pretty relaxed about it. There's still that lingering cloud of guilt for doing what comes so natural to some of us. Bhopping also doesn't cause a substantial amount of team killing either, and the rules against it don't seem to have reduced the team killing either. there's loads of other things that are just part of playing that cause loads of teamkills like stacking on corners, and many more. we'll never be able to stop teamkilling. All we can do is just remove the ones who do it on purpose.

I don't know how to start a vote in the forums otherwise I would. Can we take this post as the start of one anyways? I would honestly feel so let down by the dtk community if this thread just gets shut down immediately. I believe this is a serious topic that needs to be addressed professionally.

SpAc3y / rangdang (no screen)

Casual Member
    SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y has a spectacular aura about SpAc3y's Avatar
    Total Donations For

thank you pigsy for teaching me how to make a poll

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    What is even the real reason why bhopping isn't allowed? The teamkilling reasoning doesn't make sense.
    KxG | Bento: i bet you want to e-date me
    KxG | Corey iz da houze ladiez.: only every day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bento For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 26.0%

flush is on a distinguished road flush's Avatar
    Total Donations For

flush     $ 45.00
    Happy to remove Bunny hopping rules. It will provide clarity as there is a small map component to this rule.
    Fully expect that any BHOP scripts are severely enforced as this a basic cheat, and requires no actual player skill in order to run away faster than anyone else (effectively a "speed hack"). Basically an unfair artificial advantage.
    I refuse to spend time learning to BHOP in order to be able to cheat with the best of them. This requirement ruins it for the occasional player such as myself and many others.
    These are not the regular 3-4 hours every night players.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

There’s a bhopping clarification thread. Go to forums, then click on server 4. You should see it.

There isn’t really any rules against it and there also is. The idea is that if it’s about to cause teamkills in situations like when the server is full or it’s a small map. An admin can ask you to stop bhopping. Seeing as there isn’t any rules against it. They can’t stop you. But the twist is that it falls under team killing rules. If you don’t stop something that causes team killing when asked or directed to by an admin, then you’re subject to disciplinary actions. The same as if you just blatantly ignore an admin.

The argument that I’ve made in the thread is that it hasn’t reduced the temkilling because it isn’t really a substantial cause. It doesn’t cause team killing enough to need rules against it either. It has also been a major dynamic shift that is unfair to a lot of players. Altho not as extreme, it is also similar to making rules against using the scope on an awp or scout (we don’t have rules against that) because some players aren’t as good with those weapons and can’t compete against them.

If anyone has input with the same view or a different view to me. Please make it known in this thread. Also please be civil when doing so.

May the force be with you master bento.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62 has a reputation beyond repute Psycho_62's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Psycho_62     $ 20.00
    Bhopping is allowed, just not on small maps where the inevitable team wounding/killing happens.

This was a very contentious issue a while back that was resolved with a good compromise, I was witness to some (imo) disgusting behaviour towards GG admins that were basically victimised for caring about their server and server regulars (people who actually play the server regularly). DTK's GG server is unique with it's friendly fire, sticky nades and a limit on bhopping. There are lots of other servers where these things don't exist. I say let it rest.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

What was the compromise that resolved the issue?

Casual Member
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42

dead_man is a glorious beacon of light dead_man is a glorious beacon of light dead_man is a glorious beacon of light dead_man is a glorious beacon of light dead_man is a glorious beacon of light dead_man is a glorious beacon of light dead_man's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] dead_man     $ 60.00
    My 2c

The GGDM Admins do get regular complaints from players about BHOPpers on the server, they come to our server as its more laid back and fun, its not about skill level or people having to learn new stuff just to not get creamed. some of the players we have are well over 50 and do not have the dexterity or speed to bunnyhop without reverting to scripts to do it.

we have people leave the server due to a large number of bunny hoppers in there at times, and id rather keep the community our server has fostered over time and draw in new players because of how the server runs currently

there is still the multimode server that has gungame and can BHOP if that is what some people prefer, if you prefer the GGDM server's community we only have that due to how the current and previous admins have fostered the bond with the current past and future player base.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dead_man For This Useful Post:

Casual Member

dead_man is a glorious beacon of light dead_man is a glorious beacon of light dead_man is a glorious beacon of light dead_man is a glorious beacon of light dead_man is a glorious beacon of light dead_man is a glorious beacon of light dead_man's Avatar
    Total Donations For

i believe the compromise was around map sizes and also how many people on the server

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dead_man For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black has a brilliant future Envy_black's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Envy_black     $ 0.00
    The compromise was that it comes under the tk rule even though it already did. We don't ask people not to hop just for the sake of it. we ask people to be mindful just like we ask players to be mindful running in front of others. if it gets to the point where being mindful isn't working (maps like nano for example) then we may ask you to stop until the next map. What happens if you stop hopping on small maps until the next round? Do you die in rl? no. But you do die in game if you don't stop on maps like that, because your team mates will kill you. they will be punished and sent back a level for something entirely out of their control. The GG server understands that bhop is a very valued skill to a lot of people. The aim is not to ban you guys or prohibit movement. The aim is to make sure everyone is having a good time, even those who as you said "cant get better". They need a place to play too.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Envy_black For This Useful Post:

LeKrez James
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    ya'll like to ask people to not bhop a loooooot more than asking people to stop running in front of others....

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Krezand For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

To my understanding that’s what the rule always has been since it was made. No bhopping on small maps or when the server is packed.

The complaints about bhopping is still just the same although not as extreme as a complaint about the awp and scout being to hard to get a kill on.

The community was full of bhoppers and there’s still some left. There were bhoppers who stopped playing on the server since the rules were introduced.

The issue with running through team mates while they’re shooting it more just moving through them wether your bhopping or not. I generally don’t want to be killed by either an enemy or team mate. So I try not to do that wether I’m running or bhopping. But not many people want to run through their team mates anyways, so they tend to stack on the corner instead of running in front of their team mates. Usually results in lots of team mates on the corner moving left to right while the ones who are trying not to get shot by team mates and standing behind the rest end up accidentally shooting their team mates while they move left to right right in front of them.if there’s a team mate half way down the corridor and an enemy down the other end. And your team mate is in the way of your shot on the enemy you wouldn’t take the shot would you. Doesn’t make a difference if they’re bhopping or not. They’re in the way of the shot full stop, so you wouldn’t want to kill a team mate.

Life's Dad
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13 is a glorious beacon of light Death13's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Death13     $ 0.00
    well i dont like the bhop when they bounce on you when you are shooting and then i get cop a team kill ! why the ♥♥♥♥ do we have team kill on then it will ♥♥♥♥ the game up

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

I don’t like it either death but that happens more from people just running through you instead of jumping through you.

Also most of the time when someone is jumping. Their head is above your head. So while their inside you it’s impossible to get a headshot unless they’re not inside you and rather just near you and you’re looking up at a steep angle. Usually people are aiming at roughly head level or down towards chest height. Yes you can still kill a team mate with body shots but not as likely as with a headshot so it’s even less likely to kill a team mate when they hop through you. Already doesn’t happen as often as a team mate running through you

Edit: I’m also not going to make it easy on other players to win when I’m in the mood to play as hard as I can. It’s just not right to ask someone to alter their game play in a way that makes it easier for other players to win. I understand that you have the clarification thread in place to say that’s why you enforce the no bhopping stuff but that still isn’t really a good enough reason. There doesn’t need to be a clarification on bhopping anyways. If you’re just in general causing team kills you’re in the wrong wether your bhopping or not. If you’re getting killed or team killed more than usual. Take the hint and stop standing where it’s happening. If you’re accidentally killing a lot of team mates. Take the hint and stop standing where it happens or stop shooting where your team mates are.
    Last edited by SpAc3y; 20-12-20 at 08:58 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpAc3y For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 191

Chmmr will become famous soon enough Chmmr's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Chmmr     $ 415.00
    All it has done is restrict the movement of good players and bhoppers in favour for the players who aren't that good
    Completely opposite there. If you were a good player you wouldn't need to bhop to begin with.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chmmr For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

I was going with the flow with the no bhopping stuff for a while and I was still winning just about every round I played with no bhopping. I am good. Yes it made it harder to win. No I didn’t get team killed less because of it. And no I didn’t kill less team mates because of it.
    I had to look for other ways to reduce that. I did that for my own sake. Trying to get the win faster with a better score.
    I am forever changing how I play to stop myself from being killed by anyone and trying to only kill enemy’s. I can confirm tho. No bhopping has caused me to do by both enemy and teammate. Bhopping just makes it harder to be shot and makes it easier to get closer to enemy’s and easier to kill them.

Edit: emphasis on this. Bhopping makes it easier to not get shot by anyone. Either enemy or team mate
    Last edited by SpAc3y; 20-12-20 at 09:08 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to SpAc3y For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

As much as I absolutely ♥♥♥♥ing loath BHOPers, I've voted to remove the rule as you can kill a BHOPer on the next respawn, plus you have the spawn protection which gives you enough time to kill them.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Haha the only downside with bhopping is you can’t knife who is inside you when you’re in the air and they’re crouching. They can still knife you. Best revenge on someone doing something you don’t like is knifing them haha

Total Donations For

Are we looking at removing team kill as well or just the rule for bhop?

Casual Member

Total Donations For

team kill will stay afaik, its one of the things that makes our server a bit different to the other servers out there

29. The Following User Says Thank You to dead_man For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information