Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rule suggestions

The man, The legend, The myth.
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 0%

R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] R@NDO     $ 5.00

Rule suggestions

OK it has been suggested that we keep all of our suggestions for new rules in one place....HERE

Please post all suggestions for new/altered rules in this thread and this thread only, all other rule threads will be removed

Also please keep to the formate outlined below (makes it easier to keep track of) otherwise you will find it removed

NEW RULE:
    REASON:

SUGGESTED RULE:
    DISCUSSION:

CHANGE RULE:
    REASON:

CHANGE RULE:
    DISCUSSION:

Again please keep it in the proper format

FRAG
    Last edited by Muffbag; 02-05-11 at 07:31 PM. Reason: i fukt up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Honoba View Post
    Princess Honoba {Elk}: if you put all of us in a room
    Princess Honoba {Elk}: what do you think would happen
    Princess Honoba {Elk}: i imagine we'd kill each other sooner or later
    Princess Honoba {Elk}: well besides tonic.. we'd probably just rape him

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to R@NDO For This Useful Post:

LeKrez James
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    new rule: This is not a new rule but a whole new set of rules: !lr
    Discussion: Seiously we need a bunch of !lr rules. I have seen so much confusion with !lr's especially the gun toss where if you pick it up you have to knife fight.....wtf that is pretty gay. Think about ping and such, that affects it greatly (well for me it does)

If you do happen to need a set of !lr rules once again i can write up a basic set and admins can edit it change it to their hearts content. Trust me it should help a little bit of crying and whining if we have a set of !lr rules.

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    New Rule: Being Creative!

Reason: Guys..............lately these wardens aren't bloody creative! I haven' been on that server for a month, yes A MONTH (well I was on last night) cuz of Non-creative wardens! We need admins to REALLY ENFORCE CREATIVITY! I hate it when at the start of every round: Go the wall opposite wall of cells no detours, delays etc. (Sorry for language) That's ♥♥♥♥en bullshit!! Can't we just rush somewhere like basketball or soccer or something? Have unique games as well? I know this is sorta a bit of a rage but i would like this to be an ACTUAL rule. I'm sorry but you've lost a JB player from me. (Sorry guys) If this is a rule I would gladly come on JB.
    KxG | Bento: i bet you want to e-date me
    KxG | Corey iz da houze ladiez.: only every day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Snail
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 547

JasperSnail has a reputation beyond repute JasperSnail has a reputation beyond repute JasperSnail has a reputation beyond repute JasperSnail has a reputation beyond repute JasperSnail has a reputation beyond repute JasperSnail has a reputation beyond repute JasperSnail has a reputation beyond repute JasperSnail has a reputation beyond repute JasperSnail has a reputation beyond repute JasperSnail has a reputation beyond repute JasperSnail has a reputation beyond repute JasperSnail's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] JasperSnail     $ 59.33
    Suggested Rule: Being Creative!

Discussion: Thats not a rule... thats more of a request.
    I see what you're asking, you want the games to be more fun and enjoyable.
    Well this is what we all want to achieve but doing this results into a lot of possible rebellion from the T's because of the lack of organisation going around CTs these days.
    Also the game isn't meant to be only fun for the T's you know. Dieing from consistant rebels from the T's isn't fun for us CTs which is why we enforce such strict commands and rules to keep things under control.
    Playing CT most of the time I like to keep things enjoyable and fun and try to think of new games or at least be nice.
    Quick note: Enforcing creativity means creating new games, these new games have to go through moderation to see if they should be allowed or banned.
    Server rules have to be taken into account into these games and this takes time. If you want more games, more creativity. Post your game ideas in the thread for suggestions or play CT more and be the person who takes the lead and changes things for the better.

Either way don't just say 'You've lost a JB player" without at least making an effort.. I mean come on.

Boobies

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    SUGGESTED RULE: Being creative
    DISCUSSION: It is actually a rule that the CT's need to use creativity.

Guards Rules:
    33. BE CREATIVE!! There is more to being a CT or even a warden than being able to shoot somebody. There is an entire map beyond the cell room, try to use it. For example, if you want to play some trivia and you're on the black ops map, take the T's to the jeopardy room and add some fun into it.
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

The Baby
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 48.0%

danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel. has much to be proud of danieel.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] danieel.     $ 5.00
    NEW RULE: Restrict the game "Cook Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner" to only be played when there are 6 or less people alive.

REASON: Okay, so as most people play, they hate to wait when they die, and when this game is played, there's sometimes 15 or more people alive, and getting through each of them takes a REALLY long time. Many people who have died get really annoyed. So my suggestion is to restrict it to only being allowed to play when there are 6 or less players still alive.

This will reduce the amount of time players have to wait, and will allow more time for more games on the maps. Furthermore, there should be a restriction similar to this for all games that require each Terrorist to be asked a question 1 by 1, it will really save time, and allow more play time.

Graphic Designer
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 665
    Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Cassonberry     $ 0.00
    NEW RULE: NO UNICODE NAMES ON CT.
    REASON: So many times, I have been on, and have tried to ask someone to change their name from unicode on CT, they refuse, and instantly mass freekill and leave, and I cant type anything to ban them. It is fine on T, I can use the menu, but not on CT.

NEW RULE: Removing 11 non-rebel kill limit
    REASON: Destroys Legit rounds, and if a freekiller comes on, and kills 11 people before being slayed, they have still ruined the round which renders it pointless. we may as well let the freekiller kill the whole team, so that a new round can start, and give admins a chance to ban them while they are still killing.

Banned
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Hellspawn will become famous soon enough Hellspawn will become famous soon enough Hellspawn's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Hellspawn     $ 0.00
    SUGGESTED RULE: NO UNICODE NAMES ON CT.
    DISCUSSION: Just use the !admin menu to ban them. It comes up with a list of names you can scroll throug. You can also ban steam-ids without the player being present.
    Last edited by Muffbag; 13-05-11 at 01:25 PM. Reason: edited to fix format according to rules for this thread.

Graphic Designer
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 665
    Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry has a reputation beyond repute Cassonberry's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Cassonberry     $ 0.00
    SUGGESTED RULE: NO UNICODE NAMES ON CT
    DISCUSSION: BUT if a freekiller on, you do not get time to look through the menu - Unicode names are usually last or hard to see quickly. This will be a rule and I will make it a rule because it NEEDS to BE a rule.

Also, I would like to see the admin !rename work. or at the VERY LEAST, the ability to copy and paste names into chat to ban etc. If you copy and paste it in now, eg. !ban (pasted name here) 0 freekilling, it wont work I had to ban someone THREE times in 3 days for having their name as "Becca's deformed blue waffle" etc.

9 Year Member
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 461

Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e has a reputation beyond repute Cha$e's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Cha$e     $ 180.00
    Suggested rule: Intentional Freewounding without reason should result in a warn/slay.
    Reason: Ive seen so many CTs shoot the last few t's in the legs (usually with AWP) saying that "Oh, theyre the last t, their going to !lr and get their health reset". To me, if someone does that, they should be slayed or warned (Up to an admins discression) Although the fact that ct's would be warned for purposely freewounding without a reason is kinda shit IMO.
    Last edited by Cha$e; 09-05-11 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Changed New rule to suggested rule

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Assassin     $ 40.00

!lr restart

NEW RULE: !lr restart
    REASON: This would be really effective, especially if people accidentaly pick up the gun in gun toss or it does not register and so on.
    EXPLANATION:!lr is in progress and Deagle toss has been chosen. 1st person goes and all goes fine, however second person throws and accidentaly picks up there deagle in mid air. Player affected types !lr restart (2 votes required-1from t and 1 from ct [only 2 in !lr may vote (closed vote)] Once this vote has been passed the player affected gets re spawned with a deagle(with gun toss marker) and attempts a second throw. This solves the problem of knife fighting or any other arguments that may arise.

Clearly by using the closed vote option this prevents using it to ones advantage- aka losing the guntoss and restarting. 2 votes required for restart.

Thank you.
    Assassin

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Imnew is on a distinguished road Imnew's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Imnew     $ 0.00

Other new rule

Rule: You can only be ct for 1 game.

Reason: When l play the jb server l always see the same people on ct all the time, after next game, l don't find this fair, if they have been ct for 1 game and be another. I do believe there should be a rule that you can only be a ct for 1 game, And if possible, if someone has been ct for a game then come back as ct, if they type in !guard please make a message "You have already been ct, wait next game please"

So hope you like THANK YOU!!!

Eg. I'm new has been ct for the following map ba_jail_blackops, game has finished, new map and new game, I'm new types in !guard a message comes up "You have already been ct, wait next game please"

Everyone is now happy.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Imnew is on a distinguished road Imnew's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Imnew     $ 0.00

!guardre

Rule : !guardre

Reason: I do like the fact how there is a line once you type !guard, but would also be cool if there was !guardre

Example: I'm new types in !guardre he has now a reserved spot for next game as ct.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnew View Post
    Rule: You can only be ct for 1 game.
    This IS a rule

32. If you have been CT on the previous map, share it around and allow others to join CT on a new map before you decide to join CT again. This is to ensure everyone has some fun, and the 'new' guards means new style of game play most of the time.

If there is an admin on, quietly point it out, if not. Ask them to swap, if they continue to abuse it, then get a DTK member to cast a vote to swap them.
    Just remember that not all players WANT to be a ct. I'd rather see the same CT's map after map then have next to no CT's at all.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 142
    StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] StiCoN     $ 0.00

Reason: I do like the fact how there is a line once you type !guard, but would also be cool if there was !guardre

Example: I'm new types in !guardre he has now a reserved spot for next game as ct.
    RULE : !guardre
    DISCUSSION: Adding this rule would render the !guard command useless. One of the reasons that I can think of that would support this rule being established, is to eliminate the chance of a current CT being a CT in the future game. This would only be beneficial if the current CT aren't allowed to do this command (However, we already have a rule restricting a CT from being a CT again in the next game).

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 466

WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast's Avatar
    Total Donations For

WackTheSneakyBeast     $ 50.00
    rule : give Ts achance to drop gun

reason: i hate being killed on spot for having gun because someone chucks it at me i get no warning nothing and no chance to drop it

dont no if its a new or old rule or even if its a rule at all lol its taken me so long to write this with help from my bro

Some old guy
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Rowdy     $ 55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by WackTheSneakyBeast View Post
    rule : give Ts achance to drop gun

reason: i hate being killed on spot for having gun because someone chucks it at me i get no warning nothing and no chance to drop it

dont no if its a new or old rule or even if its a rule at all lol its taken me so long to write this with help from my bro
    The only instance the CT can kill you when you have a gun without naming you and asking you to drop it first is if you point it at a CT, in any other situation he/she HAS TO name you and ask you to drop it before he/she fires upon you. so there is rules governing this already.
    aeGis.|DtK|
    GeeSix K.r.o.n.i.c Octave Pand3mic ReNji Rowdy

CPU: intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H70 liquid cooler with single Scythe GT
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz 16GB (2x8GB)
    GPU: Gigabyte 1080 G1 8GB
    Board: AsRock Z270 Pro 4
    SSD: 1x840EVO 120GB, 1x850EVO 120GB, 1x LITEON 250GB
    HDD: 2x WD Caviar blacks 1TB in Raid 0
    PSU: Seasonic X-1050 80Plus Gold 1050W
    Case: Corsair 600T Black
    Mouse: Steelseries Rival 600 + SteelSeries Prism Pad
    Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB TKL (Cherry Red)
    Headset:SteelSeries Arctis 5

Monitors: BenQ XL2430T 24in LED 144Hz + Samsung 24" LED
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 466

WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast's Avatar
    Total Donations For

WackTheSneakyBeast     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    The only instance the CT can kill you when you have a gun without naming you and asking you to drop it first is if you point it at a CT, in any other situation he/she HAS TO name you and ask you to drop it before he/she fires upon you. so there is rules governing this already.
    yea but this one a rebal had a sniper in grp while we frozen the CTs kill the rebel i pick up gun [well i dont excatly pick it up on purpouse it droped in grp] i get shot tht to me is bull shit

Boobies

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

SUGGESTED RULE:

DISCUSSION:

The !guard system is a que, when someone who is on T's (and is not banned from ct) types in !guard they will be told in their chatbox what position in the guard que they have been placed in.
    Last edited by Muffbag; 13-05-11 at 01:35 PM.

Boobies

Trophies
    Total Donations For

SUGGESTED RULE: Intentional Freewounding without reason should result in a warn/slay.
    DISCUSSION:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cha$e View Post
    Suggested rule: Intentional Freewounding without reason should result in a warn/slay.
    Reason: Ive seen so many CTs shoot the last few t's in the legs (usually with AWP) saying that "Oh, theyre the last t, their going to !lr and get their health reset". To me, if someone does that, they should be slayed or warned (Up to an admins discression) Although the fact that ct's would be warned for purposely freewounding without a reason is kinda shit IMO.

This is actually already covered in the rules:
    Guard Rules:

13. CT's smoking, flashing or shooting at another CT or a T who is NOT rebelling will result in an immediate slay/swap off the team. Even with Friendly Fire turned off, it still disrupts the player and the round and will be viewed as being a nuisance and treated accordingly.

Closed Thread

Thread Information