+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TTT in 2017

Pro Ice Block, Former TTT SA
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%

IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IceBlock     $ 10.00

TTT in 2017

Hi guys and girls,

So i was wanting to know what the community would like to see from DtK TTT this year. If it wasnt for you guys (The Community) TTT wouldnt be where it is today. So when i was appointed SA my goal was the get the community more involved in the things we do on the server eg. Events, Plugin Features.

So im making this to get your guys ideas. Just remember people dont be scared to post anything cause every ideas helps

Thanks Ice Block

:slop:
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] TayK47     $ 30.00
    Fair enough, if you really look at all the suggestions, they all have their flaws. Not everything is gonna work. Definitely add a couple new maps to make things interesting. And edit the items in the shop!

Casual Member
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Shrood has a spectacular aura about Shrood has a spectacular aura about Shrood's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Shrood     $ 10.00
    Shrood for admin

Bhop Buddies
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 94

Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Prophet     $ 90.00
    Alright so. There needs to be less items in the shop! The less the easier it is to use, however add like 1 or 2 really cool items (idk what but others can tell you that). Lower the prices in the shop. Get rid of all id and fake id's, get rid of fake body because with a fake body being in play you can rdm and it will be a complete accident because you think he is dead. Add heaps more maps, like i recommend more than double of what we have now. The more maps the more people want to try out those maps therefore the more people on the server, tweak the rules so every little detail is covered (half entering in the code on canyon) however make it short as sweet. Get rid of shit maps that aren't played and are buggy or can be exploited. and something very important is for admins to ask regular players on the server if there are any issues because I know a few however I don't know if they are fixed or not! Fix smoke glitches (innocent motel) It is so annoying when some little 12 year old runs up and thinks it's funny to throw a smoke on there, I don't care if its a flash but fix the smoke glitch. Add limited time maps that only come up for a month then disappear and if it had a good response and people are complaining they can't pick the map then it can come back. Get rid of really big maps as it isnt fun to run around the whole 5 minutes searching for people. I would personally get rid of being able to pick up props but thats just me, even though it is satisfying to just throw the prop and kill 5 people it isn't fun on the other end because you can't shoot through the prop and it kills you almost instantly. On skyscrapers every time I play it with new people, somebody always gets pushed off the edge if they are afk. Admins need to ask regulars if people have been rdming, admins also shouldn't just favour some people over others, (I entered in half the code on canyon then someone did the last number and I got warned and he didn't, this wasn't even reviewed in the demo or anything) This is called favouritism. Another suggestion is that changing teams is classified as ghosting id you aren't identified, or an easier solution would be to not allow to change teams. If you want to talk to me about 2 glitches I know of pm me (admins), I know one still works and it is a game breaker if others know it and I don't know if the other one works still.

Pro Ice Block, Former TTT SA
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 115

IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IceBlock     $ 10.00
    So id like to clear up couple of things.

1. Maps go on cooldown. In order to play the same map twice you either need to play 5 other maps or your playing desperados and the server crashes.
    2. The outline of Traitor buddies was changed to reduce the start round lag that it caused the server. Even tho the beacons do have a negative response from the players, it is better for the optimization of the server.
    3. Maps can be suggested and removed via the maps suggestion thread which has been there the whole time. If you find a map that you think would be good suggest it. If you find a map you dont like then suggest it for removal.
    4. In the rules it clearly states use of the code on canyon is traitorous. If you press the numbers on the pad you are therefore using it.
    5. Removing the T above a T's head can reduce ghosting but as Lobster did say it makes rounds boring when you die, and it does allow us admins more time to act on rdms if we die early.
    6. If you have any information regarding players breaking the rules, problems with the server, problems with admins then please contact an admin. Doing this allows us to sort out the issue. Our goal is to have players enjoying the server.
    7. The reason we dont ask players about things on the server is due to being able to contact us via the forums. If we have it down on the forums we are able to log what is said and go back and review what it.
    8. All suggestions are being taken into account and are being talked about within the admin team regarding the possibilities of these.

Now i want to ask you guys some questions.

What Traitor Items would you like removed?
    What Innocent items would you like added?

If you feel i havnt cleared up something you want to know then post it below and ill respond to it.

I would also like to thank you guys ( The Community ) for your responses. I didnt expect this much feedback and its greatly appreciated. With your feedback we are able to improve the server.

Many Thanks,

TTT Admin Team

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceBlock For This Useful Post:

Fellowship of the cucks
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 495

Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg has a reputation beyond repute Heisenberg's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Heisenberg     $ 77.77
    Maybe you could make T visible for admins only?
    Not sure if this was mentioned already but I couldn't find anything

TTT ManlyMan
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Connor     $ 60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Maybe you could make T visible for admins only?
    Not sure if this was mentioned already but I couldn't find anything
    Back when anyone could type !logs they decided to remove that feature and the T symbol above their heads but there was alot of complaints about that so they put it back besides seeing logs during round

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Connor For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Bape is on a distinguished road Bape's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Bape     $ 0.00
    I dont get how the shop is an issue at all, if you've spent enough time on the server you should be able to buy from shop without needed to look at the menu, or you could also just make an easy macro bind. The prices in shop are not very good as they are as credits are far too easy to accumulate, imo they should be raising the prices on all the items.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 485

Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Boarding     $ 50.00
    Removing the T above traitors head in spectate won't really do much apart from making the rounds boring when dead. When you're spectating a traitor you'll know its them when they start shooting at everyone making removing it obsolete. Meta gaming will always be there and we will just have to deal with it.

Trouble in Terrorist Town JA
    3/8/16 - 10/9/17

24/8/20 - 29/4/21

Former JA
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Lukas     $ 0.00
    A weapon scanner, this can became incredibly useful for detectives (only class to have it), as it would mean they could pick up a weapon and press f or something and it says in chat how many people have been killed/damaged and who has used the gun (so that if an inno and traitor pick up the weapon in the same round then a kos would not be right to call.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lukas For This Useful Post:

I hate Life
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 316

DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DOGGER     $ 10.00
    Touch up the rules a bit as there are a lot of loop hole like when your T and a inno is trying rdm you and you kill them you can still be killed for that, also having a kos on you is traitorous act so if someone calls false kos on you and its proven to false you can get kos'd because you had a kos on you and thats traitorous. Small things like that

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DOGGER For This Useful Post:

TTT ManlyMan
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Connor     $ 60.00
    The rule is that killing an innocent is a traitorous act. If there was a rule preventing you from killing someone that was getting rdm'd traitors could exploit that and most of the time there is no way to prove that that is the reason you killed them.

Shot Blocker, Rim Rocker
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 406

Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Shaq     $ 10.00
    Okay, essay incoming, so I have a few ideas that I have come up with to solve what I believe to be the biggest problem with TTT: rounds taking too long.

Yes, delaying as a T or D is easy to deal with as it is against the rules (and I will include an idea at the end I have mentioned to sharkfood before on how to further prevent T delaying***), but we all have been in that situation where there is one T left looking around hopelessly for a hiding inno that every spectator knows will never be found. I realise that making hiding as an innocent against the rules would ruin the balance of the game as it should always be up to the T's to be on the 'offensive'. But that said, it is still the most excitement draining moment of every TTT session when a round goes on for WAY to long with no end in sight except for the timer running down.

So, I have come up with some potential solutions to this mostly in the form of T shop items. I should also note that I have no experience with coding these items so the measures that I have come up with to rationalise the feasibility of these items is not perfect. Furthermore, these ideas are not flawless, my main goal is to simply start a dialogue on solutions to this issue. Anyway, onto the ideas.

My first idea for is for some sort of relatively inexpensive T shop item (maybe called a "buzzer"), that when activated, plays a short sound that radiates from all the innocents, similar in concept to the sound of a jihad being activated on a T, but something that could clearly be distinguished from this (I figure this would not be hard to implement based on the fact that it is similar to the jihad sound, but as stated above, I don't know for sure). So the idea is, when there is a T looking to find the hiding final Inno(s) they can purchase this this and use it when they think they are close to guide them in the right direction. Multiple purchases of it could help them even more if they still can't find them.

My second idea is effectively based around finding some way to implement a cheaper wall hack. Wall hacks are expensive and are rarely able to be purchased for a situation like this. So instead maybe something like the tactical grenade that highlights Innos in an area for a short time could work, or even just a wall hack that runs only one cycle of highlighting everyone. (I figure this won't be hard to implement as they're sort of already there, but again, idk). The price for this one would be harder to gauge than my first solution since visual aid is worth more than audio aid, but i'm not sure by how much. But nonetheless, a potential solution.

Ultimately, I hope these concepts could be implemented in some way with some tweaking based on what you guys think, but I do think this is the biggest problem with TTT in terms of it's natural play-state. Additionally, If anyone has any other ideas to solve this issue I encourage you to bring them up.

***sidenote: This was just an idea I had to further prevent T delaying. Since points are suppose to incentivise this already (which has questionable effectiveness anyway), perhaps giving extra points for getting kills early in the round (first minute maybe?) could stop some games from getting into T delaying situations.

Bhop Buddies

Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet's Avatar
    Total Donations For

T Shop

Not sure if there was a thread because I wasn't bothered checking.

So my suggestion:

as Traitor

its called a semtex or whatever

Knife someone and they blow up in a certain amount of time

this would be so funny if its in a group of people

it can also have consequences for the t, as they can follow them and blow them up

to what shark said on my post: the innocent doesn't kill them the traitor does but its connected to the inno (idk if you can do that) but I feel if you can do something like that it'll be really fun to play and everyone will laugh (leading to more people staying if they have fun)

EDIT: I believe you should get rid of the fake id for the traitors and have a real id for the innocents cost as much or even more then a taser (I wouldn't use this as I like people suspecting me to be the traitor, so they are scared of me. This is why I always try to avoid being tazed)
    Last edited by Prophet; 19-04-17 at 05:13 PM.

Bhop Buddies

Total Donations For

And I believe we shouldn't add a flare gun or burn bodies, I believe we should bump up the dna scanner price

Get rid of redundant t items such as the ice knife and decoy teleporter (decoy is never used)

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 169

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    change price of decoy teleporter to 100 credits so it gets used

Bhop Buddies

Total Donations For

fix smoke glitches
    Fix innocent motel glitch
    Fix spec glitch

:slop:
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197

TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47 has a brilliant future TayK47's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] TayK47     $ 30.00
    i suggest you discuss the pro's and con's of adding killer replay. killer replay allows us to distinguish rdm from a fair kill. It helps Incredibly to identify rdms when you can see it through the other players eyes.

the only flaw is when people wait to get the kill, the killerreplay might not capture the whole thing. so if Prophet wanted to show me his magic, the killer replay would record him killing the Traitor, but not the traitor Committing a Traitorous act...
    Last edited by TayK47; 26-04-17 at 01:33 PM.

Former JA
    Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas is a name known to all Lukas's Avatar
    Total Donations For

I love you TayK, I can't think of any cons bout that

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukas For This Useful Post:

Average Comp Match Anchor
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 254

Weaponmaster is a jewel in the rough Weaponmaster is a jewel in the rough Weaponmaster is a jewel in the rough Weaponmaster's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Weaponmaster     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by TayK47 View Post
    i suggest you discuss the pro's and con's of adding killer replay. killer replay allows us to distinguish rdm from a fair kill. It helps Incredibly to identify rdms when you can see it through the other players eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas View Post
    I love you TayK, I can't think of any cons bout that
    As long as it doesn't crash the server more i'm all for it :/

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weaponmaster For This Useful Post:

Former JA
    Total Donations For

Please add events, like low grav rounds, pistol rounds, knife only rounds, chicken rounds xd and bhop rounds.
    Just to spice things up a lil.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukas For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information