+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rule Enquiries

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Overall activity: 0%

Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tyler     $ 112.50

Post Rule Enquiries

Heyo,
    So the title says it all. There are some rules on TTT that are either questionable or wrong.

1st weird rule:
    Traitorous Acts (Innocents/Detectives may kill in these cases):

5. Placing a kill on sight (KOS) on Innocents.
    Myself and others have always seen someone call a kos on Innocents and never have killed them. Therefore, this rule is kind of a dud. I have also never seen admins enforcing this rule too so I have no idea how it ended up in the rules.

2nd rule:
    As it says in the list of commands it shows !jihad_detonate and !boom. I have also seen many new players try to use these commands but see that theydont work. Also, !log and !logs are still there which admins only can use. Therefore I think these commands should be put off the rules just not to cause confusion.

3rd rule:
    I think that theres really one thing missing off the list of non traitorous things which is running away from a detectives taser. Many players often attempt to kos people who run away from there tasers. Therefore, I think this should be added since it would help lots of new players.
    And thats the end of the list.

Byeeeeee
    Last edited by Tyler; 13-12-16 at 05:19 PM. Reason: i cant spell

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyler For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 87

CamisBae is on a distinguished road CamisBae's Avatar
    Total Donations For

CamisBae     $ 40.00
    the 3rd rule i agree with the other eh not so much

Good thread

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CamisBae For This Useful Post:

Filthy 12ie
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 234
    cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney has much to be proud of cloney's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] cloney     $ 0.00
    As an innocent citizen, i choose not to be tazed!
    I have my rights!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cloney For This Useful Post:

Pro Ice Block, Former TTT SA
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 115

IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock has a reputation beyond repute IceBlock's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IceBlock     $ 10.00
    Thank you for making this thread. We will discuss this further and look into fixing these asap.

Semi-professional lobster
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 447

Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Hollywood Rex     $ 65.56
    Also shooting detective equipment is not traitorous. Some people say it is, but its def not.

TTT ManlyMan
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Connor     $ 60.00
    Yes I have been killed for it but I have been playing for a year now and this has never been a rule

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    Although I'm no longer a TTT admin being as I've switched over to both the GG servers, but that being said, I can offer some explanation to help clear things up....

With the first one, the current members of the TTT admin team weren't when that rule was put into place, which is why I'm offering explanation for you. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Heyo,
    So the title says it all. There are some rules on TTT that are either questionable or wrong.

1st weird rule:

Myself and others have always seen someone call a kos on Innocents and never have killed them. Therefore, this rule is kind of a dud. I have also never seen admins enforcing this rule too so I have no idea how it ended up in the rules.

This rule was put into place because we did have players at the time, when they were Traitors, who were of the habit of deliberately calling a false KOS on innocents, which in turn, ended up having innocents shooting each other, people unfairly automatically slayed for being an innocent killing other innocents etc...
    Since that rule was added, there hasn't been much call for enforcing it not long after, due to the offending players being made aware of the change of rules in that regard... This would be why you've not seen it enforced much.

2nd rule:
    As it says in the list of commands it shows !jihad_detonate and !boom. I have also seen many new players try to use these commands but see that theydont work. Also, !log and !logs are still there which admins only can use. Therefore I think these commands should be put off the rules just not to cause confusion.

I believe the !jihad_detonate or !boom are commands to set off the bomb other than double tapping f, however I'm not 100% sure on that one...

3rd rule:
    I think that theres really one thing missing off the list of non traitorous things which is running away from a detectives taser. Many players often attempt to kos people who run away from there tasers. Therefore, I think this should be added since it would help lots of new players.
    And thats the end of the list.

Usually it's only new players who try to KOS others for refusing/avoiding a taser, in which case, the best course of action is to simply explain that they can't do that on this server, explain that players do have the right to refuse tasers etc ... once people are told this, they usually understand well enough to not try it any further, however, in that kind of scenario, it wouldn't be uncommon to be placing a "suss" on a player which has no relevance other than to make others aware to keep a closer eye on their actions...

Byeeeeee
    Hope this has helped. =)
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Muffbag For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 397

Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tyler     $ 112.50
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Although I'm no longer a TTT admin being as I've switched over to both the GG servers, but that being said, I can offer some explanation to help clear things up....

With the first one, the current members of the TTT admin team weren't when that rule was put into place, which is why I'm offering explanation for you. =)

Hope this has helped. =)
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information