View Poll Results: Should a Traitor be able to repeat a kos?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 90.91%
  • No

2 9.09%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TTT Rules

Bhop Buddies
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 0%

Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Prophet     $ 90.00

Thumbs down TTT Rules

So the 'new rule' in TTT is that traitors can't repeat a kos! I believe personally that this is a stupid rule and should be out of the game as it ruins the gameplay! Because if everyone is cooperative and you call a kos and everyone repeats it besides 1 person then you can call a kos on that person! I believe traitors should not be able to start at kos however I believe they should be able to repeat it!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prophet For This Useful Post:

I hate Life
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 316

DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DOGGER     $ 10.00
    When i played you could i don't believe it should of been changed it helped the traitor hide and made people use the brains

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DOGGER For This Useful Post:

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    who said this was a new rule?
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 180
    BilboBaggins is just really nice BilboBaggins is just really nice BilboBaggins is just really nice BilboBaggins is just really nice BilboBaggins's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] BilboBaggins     $ 0.00
    Wait wait wait, when was this change implemented and by who?

TTT ManlyMan
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Connor     $ 60.00
    This was changed a week or two ago and it has caused great confusion. I have been playing since the start of the year and to change a rule that has been there for so long will cause much confusion to the players. I have known about this since it came out and I still repeat them because it is such an old rule. Also when the new SA comes in you should think about updating the rules cause if you read them they clash with other rules told by admins.
    Last edited by Connor; 01-12-16 at 07:58 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Connor For This Useful Post:

Gif Master
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 360

LittleAnalAnnie has much to be proud of LittleAnalAnnie has much to be proud of LittleAnalAnnie has much to be proud of LittleAnalAnnie has much to be proud of LittleAnalAnnie has much to be proud of LittleAnalAnnie has much to be proud of LittleAnalAnnie has much to be proud of LittleAnalAnnie has much to be proud of LittleAnalAnnie has much to be proud of LittleAnalAnnie's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] LittleAnalAnnie     $ 119.69
    Thank you for your input and will be brought up with the admins asap so that we can get to the best solution for the server and players.
    Last edited by LittleAnalAnnie; 01-12-16 at 12:48 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleAnalAnnie For This Useful Post:

cheese
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 307
    sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sharkfood     $ 10.00
    If traitors couldn't repeat kos it would narrow them down too easily; "If you're innocent repeat my kos"
    It's not a bad thing to have traitors repeat, it helps take the blame off of them and blend into the crowd without standing out.
    p.s I don't think it was changed as an official rule change? I think admins should be responsible for saying whether or not a rule has been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Also when the new SA comes in you should think about updating the rules cause if you read them they clash with other rules told by admins.
    this is also an issue because some admins do say different things and everyone gets confused. For example, the "spaced name" issue, the clan-tag issue just to name two off of the top of my head. I really think in the future misunderstood topics should be clarified between the admins asap so confusion is avoided

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharkfood For This Useful Post:

asuh dude

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 304

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    I thought this always was a rule? granted it hasn't really been enforced.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

cheese
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 307
    sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood has a reputation beyond repute sharkfood's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] sharkfood     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetMuhammad View Post
    All the admins I have spoken to! So the ones that are active
    As Ice said, if this really was a rule, it definitely hasn't been enforced. Admins themselves have repeated kos when I've played in the past, so it's good that it is being worked on by Annie and the admin team.

Thanks to Annie for working on a solution and Prophet for bringing this issue up

y i k e s
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 459

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    What clan tag rule are you talking about sharkfood? If it's what I'm thinking of it's a general DtK rule, not just TTT and the spaced name issue is just to make sure admins can actually target all players with commands.

As for the rule issue brought up by Muhammad, deception has traditionally been a major element within the game mode, restricting the Traitor's ability to repeat a KOS further disadvantages the Traitor, as they will be put under greater suspicion for the cases mentioned by others in this thread. I will admit I haven't read the rules for the server in a while due to not needing to as I don't have the ability to play TTT at the moment, but from what I remember it was never specified in the rules, this being the case leaves no reason for it to be enforced, but do correct me if I'm wrong as I said I haven't checked in a while.

I also believe that a Traitor calling their own KOS is a different issue to repeating one, so I personally don't think the two scenario's should be branched together. This may be why this rule is being enforced under the confusion of being a "new rule", when admins are actually using the no KOSing as a T rule to police this.
    Last edited by Ham; 01-12-16 at 06:33 PM. Reason: i cannot spell omg

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ham For This Useful Post:

Bhop Buddies

Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet is a splendid one to behold Prophet's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    who said this was a new rule?
    All the admins i speak to! So the active ones

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Prophet For This Useful Post:

TTT ManlyMan
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor has a brilliant future Connor's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Connor     $ 60.00
    All the admins i speak too! So the active ones
    you mean "to"

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 397

Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler has much to be proud of Tyler's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tyler     $ 112.50
    All the admins i speak to! So the active ones
    The admins that I have talked to have told me that this is not a rule.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 485

Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding has a reputation beyond repute Boarding's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Boarding     $ 50.00
    This has never been a rule. In any case if the rules are being changed, they will be updated on the forums and you will be informed of it then, do not take any players word for law on rule changes. In this case, the admin team will discuss the correct interpretation of the rule.
    Last edited by Boarding; 01-12-16 at 11:10 PM. Reason: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Trouble in Terrorist Town JA
    3/8/16 - 10/9/17

24/8/20 - 29/4/21

Too busy travelling the world.
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 255

Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin has a reputation beyond repute Satalin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Satalin     $ 273.71
    Bring back the ability for traitors to call KOS on other players. Was always great to sit back and watch all the innocent's kill each other.

"I don't know. When I came to I was abandoned in this world. An unknown sky. Not knowing where or how to get back. Not even dreaming of hope. - Merry Nightmare "
    "Do you want to know where the real hell is hiding? It’s inside your head. - Chrona"

"A sound soul…resides within a sound mind, and a sound body. - Maka Albarn"
    "The thing you wished for the most, is something you’ll never get. - Aisaka Taiga"

SS | DaChampzLegend: im gonna start shit on regs thread
    SS | DaChampzLegend: try and stop me
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: DONT ♥♥♥♥
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: ILL HAVE YOUR ASS OUT ON THE STREET
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: LITTLE ♥♥♥♥
    | ☆ Frendy ☆ | |DtK|: IM FLEXIN MY TINY MUSCLES
    SS | DaChampzLegend: do u even know how to ping?
    | Frendy | DtK |: yes
    | Frendy | DtK |: use cmd prompt :O
    | Frendy | DtK |: i remember
    SS | DaChampzLegend: but do u know how to ping a server
    | Frendy | DtK |: finch taught me how
    SS | DaChampzLegend: ping 192.168.0.1
    | Frendy | DtK |: insted of the web address dont you just put in the ip?
    | Frendy | DtK |: No
    SS | DaChampzLegend: obvious ip is obvious
    | Frendy | DtK |: thats my local ip
    | Frendy | DtK |: im not f.u.c.kin retarded!
    SS | DaChampzLegend: thats ur ip, so u'll be pinging urself

Ahri <3

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Satalin For This Useful Post:

Boobies

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Satalin View Post
    Bring back the ability for traitors to call KOS on other players. Was always great to sit back and watch all the innocent's kill each other.
    That's a negative.

With the automatic safeguards in place against RDM'ing including but not limited to the automatic ban after karma gets below a certain point, the auto slaying etc.

Not to mention the rules never actually allowed for Traitors to call a KOS on each other ... the rules have always been that a Traitor is not allowed to bring any undue attention to their traitor teammates, as they are supposed to be trying to work towards a common goal of killing everybody else... Which is why a discussion is required between ALL of the TTT administrators to better clarify that particular rule so that everybody is on the same page, so that we can do our jobs better on the server.

I hate Life
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 316

DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER has much to be proud of DOGGER's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DOGGER     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    That's a negative.

With the automatic safeguards in place against RDM'ing including but not limited to the automatic ban after karma gets below a certain point, the auto slaying etc.

Not to mention the rules never actually allowed for Traitors to call a KOS on each other ... the rules have always been that a Traitor is not allowed to bring any undue attention to their traitor teammates, as they are supposed to be trying to work towards a common goal of killing everybody else... Which is why a discussion is required between ALL of the TTT administrators to better clarify that particular rule so that everybody is on the same page, so that we can do our jobs better on the server.
    saying that if someone has already called a kos on a traitor he already has attention on him so a traitor buddy repeating does hardly any harm for them as they already have attention. It can also help the other Traitors as well as i have learnt from previous experiences.

Boobies

Trophies
    Total Donations For

We (the admins) will discuss this and any other rule clarifications that are asked for at length and give the due attention to each issue raised both by those of us in the admin team and the players on the server.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we will always welcome it and take it on board, giving it its due attention.

At some point in the near future we will work on better communicating certain points of the rules list for players to have a better understanding of the intent behind the rules.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Muffbag For This Useful Post:

P@#$% SLAYER
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Majestic is on a distinguished road Majestic's Avatar
    Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster,
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Majestic     $ 0.00
    I've never heard of this rule being enforced.. then again I hardly play TTT. It's all about the Zombies now mah dudes

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

Bhop Buddies

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Boarding View Post
    This has never been a rule. In any case if the rules are being changed, they will be updated on the forums and you will be informed of it then, do not take any players word for law on rule changes. In this case, the admin team will discuss the correct interpretation of the rule.
    Shadow was the one who told me first!

Closed Thread

Thread Information