+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's the right way to play?

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    H.ey will become famous soon enough H.ey's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] H.ey     $ 0.00

What's the right way to play?

So I've gotten back into CSS after I got sick of playing SWTOR, and I'm taking a break from said MMO.

Over the last week I've done something like 40 hours(yes, I have a lot of time on my hands) of playtime, and I've gotten used to the map and the players once again.

Now something that irks me all the time is how nothing one does is ever considered good.

If I play AWP, I need to stay at a distance. People complain when you AWP from T'Spawn, people complain when you AWP from pits, people complain when you AWP into tunnels. So where am I meant to AWP from? Am I meant to come into knife range and try my luck AWPing people from there just cause they get angry otherwise?

As all others, I get sick of AWPs sometimes, and I pickup the M4 and try my luck in the tunnels. Then I get called a camper. Why? Because I have the common sense to pick my ground and get out of the way of all the awps and dakdaks? Because I use the silenced M4 so people get confused as fark when I shoot them from a corner? Because I take out the para and p90 spammers at CT'Door?

So from the sh*t I've been getting from people, it seems I need to snipe with the M4 and spray with the AWP, cause nothing I do seems to be working out for me.

What do the said veterans of Dust2 DM think is the "right" way to play?

y i k e s
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 459

Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham has a reputation beyond repute Ham's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Ham     $ 100.00
    play how you want lol, most people on the dm servers just whinge because they want everyone to use potato chips to fight.

AKA Qi_Bishop
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks has a brilliant future Onesks's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Onesks     $ 20.02
    Ham's right, play how you want, who cares whether they complain or not. Have fun! (or do it to annoy the crap outta them).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onesks For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 73.0%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 345.00
    Every one has a different play style. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to play. Don't hack and don't be a douche and you can play however you want. Can play however you want and be a douche still too I guess.

People will always complain about the style of play that they are either struggling to beat / avoid or can't beat / avoid. I don't play a lot of dust tbh, so I'm hardly a veteran, but whenever I do play it, there is a big mix of play styles. Awp campers from spawns, from pit or other locations. P90 and para spammer's. People who rush and use any gun they have at hand. And different people will whine about every one of them at different times. And then there's the players who can do it all with equal skill.

That's CSS for you. Play however you want as long as you don't cheat. If you find the people complaining about how you play, then that says that your beating them, and you should probably keep doing it if you want to win.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    As the previous Senior admin of dust, I feel that i can offer some insight here.
    Screw what others say, and aim for the head.

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 256

THE_ART_OF_KS will become famous soon enough THE_ART_OF_KS's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] THE_ART_OF_KS     $ 50.00
    dont listen to the haters,.... just play the way you want to play!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to THE_ART_OF_KS For This Useful Post:

Tunnel Defender
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stan182     $ 0.00
    As Ham stated,play as you want lolz...there is no law on our server's that say you can't do this or that(apart from hacking of course).
    It's just that select few of players that continuously whinge about others,and that's only because they get owned by the same person constantly.
    Imo,keep pissing off the person that whinges at you by killing them hahaha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stan182 For This Useful Post:

bear
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 253

boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] boo_boo     $ 20.00
    You are a good player H.ey...I would encourage you to continue playing how you want...

and....what Delta said...

Casual Member
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 189
    mjrmooseknuckle is a glorious beacon of light mjrmooseknuckle is a glorious beacon of light mjrmooseknuckle is a glorious beacon of light mjrmooseknuckle is a glorious beacon of light mjrmooseknuckle is a glorious beacon of light mjrmooseknuckle is a glorious beacon of light mjrmooseknuckle's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] mjrmooseknuckle     $ 0.00
    These age old issues never die! Hahaha

At the end of the day: tactics (such as camping) are not a violation of gameplay, and sniper rifles are available for people to use (therefore acceptable to use)... As such, anyone complaining about tactics or weapons used, should probably take up something more their pace like minesweeper or solitaire. Of course this is just my personal opinion!! Keep on keepin' on chief (provided you, yourself keep it in the right spirit!)

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mjrmooseknuckle For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    drewdrewdrew will become famous soon enough drewdrewdrew's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] drewdrewdrew     $ 0.00
    I would play with a dak day if I were you H.ey..

haha bro who gives a f** what people say! As Taylor Swift would say, haters gonna hate hate hate hate hahahahaha!
    CS:Source - drewboi

Casual Member
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 107

ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW is a glorious beacon of light ShamWoW's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] ShamWoW     $ 1215.46
    Play however you want.

Personally, I look down at serial campers (regardless of their weapon of choice) who sit in the exact same spot with the same weapon every single round of every single game, as it just gets repetitive and boring..
    I like the game to keep moving, for stuff to be happening, so you will generally find me running around almost all the time (usually with a P90, para or AK or something), but like everyone I do have a go at AWPing from time to time (I suck at it) and of course that does require a small amount of camping.

So yeah, just play how you want.
    I'm Mr Burns, blah blah blah.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information