Casual Member
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Overall activity: 0%
    Leitchyshawn1 is on a distinguished road Leitchyshawn1's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Leitchyshawn1     $ 0.00

Rule confirmation/Discussion

Hey lads and ladies(Mostly ladies),

I want confirmation on a rule that ill explain below. I'd prefer a reply from a SA or high. (Soz JA's) I would also like everyone to get onto the same page with these rules as well as, I've had different JA's tell me different answers.

#1 I'm in a building, it has several stories, its quiet but I know somethings going to go down. I hear gunshots above me and a body falling to the ground, the next thing I realized is a guy coming down the stairs with the same sort of weapon that just killed someone directly above me I believe his a traitor!

A) Do I have enough evidence to kill him (With consequences of slaying myself this round and next I'm wrong)
    B) Nope, its RDM

This is one I've bumped into the last few days and I'd like the admin team to ALL get on the same page with this. What do you guys think? If anyone else has similar situations like this and wants them addressed comment below!

-HaZaRd
    Last edited by Leitchyshawn1; 27-12-15 at 04:48 AM.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 201
    AayDan is on a distinguished road AayDan's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] AayDan     $ 0.00
    Ordepends you cant really kos over weaponry so its a trick question and you cant tell if its rdm or not without a tazer. so virtually you cant kill them of weapons or just thinking its rdm

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AayDan For This Useful Post:

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 94

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    It would be RDM easily...

1. You don't know if the dead body was innocent or Traitor
    2. You didn't see it
    And
    3. Why haven't you run away yet?

Just because he was shooting it doesn't make him a T or that he killed that guy, someone could of picked them off from a distance, and the guy proceeding down the stairs tried to shoot back.

They could both be innocent and the dead guy could of shot first or even tried to knife him...

Basically there are so many situations in which anything could of occured, so unless you see what is happening (who shoots first), or know who killed the dead person and ID him as innocent, there's not much you can do except have a super high suspicion on the said player...

Also for those players that yell out 'im with player, if I die it's him'... That means nothing at all so please don't bother yelling that out.

I hope that answer is satisfactory, even thou I'm not an admin, that is what makes the most sense to me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow For This Useful Post:

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    In something like that, your best options would be as follows::

1. Ask the person you suspect to ID the dead body, give them enough of a chance to be able to do so.
    2. Ask the person you suspect to explain what happened.
    3. If you believe they could be trying to mislead you, you can voice your suspicion of the player, however, as Shadow said, if you go and shoot the person based on what you THINK you heard, then it would be a straight up RDM.

The only reason I can think of that you may be getting different answers for similar scenarios is because every round is different, every scenario really is different and as such, treatment of said scenarios would need to be addressed differently...
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muffbag For This Useful Post:

Why Even Bother?
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Overall activity: 24.0%

SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SonicalKiss     $ 10.00
    ^^^

Resident Crayfish
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 690

KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] KT     $ 451.55
    If you kill him on that alone it would be counted as an RDM :^)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KT For This Useful Post:

Why Even Bother?
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Overall activity: 24.0%

SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss is a splendid one to behold SonicalKiss's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SonicalKiss     $ 10.00
    Long story Short anything is counted as RDM unles

1. YOU TASER THEM TO FIND OUR THERE A TRAITOR
    2. YOU SEE THEM KILL SOMEBODY(AND RUN AWAY AND NO ID THE BODY)
    3. THERE IS A KOS PUT AGAIN THEM
    4. YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU AND THEM ARE THE LAST PEOPLE ALIVE (BY CHECKING THE SCORE BOARD)

Not Be Carefull on seeing them shoot due to they could of been shot at first. As Decoy said let them check the body first.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SonicalKiss For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

1. So shooting randomly in a room isnt traitor baiting? From my understanding you can be KOS from that. Heard it from a JA.
    2. If they don't ID the body theres a HUGE chance they didnt try to kill them first. If I get shot at and kill him I run to ID the body, to report for RDM or so I don't get killed by someone else.

The Real Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Leitchyshawn1 View Post
    1. So shooting randomly in a room isnt traitor baiting? From my understanding you can be KOS from that. Heard it from a JA.
    2. If they don't ID the body theres a HUGE chance they didnt try to kill them first. If I get shot at and kill him I run to ID the body, to report for RDM or so I don't get killed by someone else.
    Do you know if there is more than 2 in the room originally?
    Is there any other way the other person could of been killed?

If you check the rules !ttt, you can kill someone if they start shooting AT you or someone, not for shooting randomly in a room
    if you were a traitor would you start shooting randomly in a room...
    Traitor baiting is making people think you are a traitor by shooting at or near someone

Semi-professional lobster
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 447

Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex has a reputation beyond repute Hollywood Rex's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Hollywood Rex     $ 65.56
    JAs do disagree over this tho.
    I have a similar scenario. Hotel room, can hear knife kill someone, open the door see dude standing there knife out looking at dead body. 100% sure he's a traitor. however if you go by Sonikal's rules above, this isn't sufficient evidence as you didn't SEE it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    you can kill someone if they start shooting AT you or someone, not for shooting randomly in a room
    if you were a traitor would you start shooting randomly in a room...
    This is a rule that I've heard different versions of too.

The Real Shadow

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by PoshLobster View Post
    I have a similar scenario. Hotel room, can hear knife kill someone, open the door see dude standing there knife out looking at dead body. 100% sure he's a traitor. however if you go by Sonikal's rules above, this isn't sufficient evidence as you didn't SEE it happen.

That is why you can be killed for not IDing a body

Resident Crayfish

KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT has a reputation beyond repute KT's Avatar
    Total Donations For

This all depends, if they are shooting at someone in the room, yes it will be counted as a traitorous act whether they hit them or not, if they are just shooting randomly and not aiming at another player it isn't going to be counted as a traitorous act; but in saying this stray bullets have been known to hit unintended targets, so it must be done with care if at all. If they are just shooting randomly and its obvious they're not aiming at anyone, you cannot kill them nor call out a kos against them for that.

People must give players a chance to ID bodies before attempting to kill the other player, if you are innocent and you kill a traitor it would be best to get the the body and ID it straight away before someone gets the wrong idea and tries to spray you down, this can be solved quickly by either saying something over mic about them attacking first and that you will identify the body or walking directly too the body.
    If you don't shoot at anyone else after killing the other player no one else has a reason to shoot at you until after the body has been identified, unless they have seen you shoot first without a reason.

Not identifying bodies really means you walk over the bodies without making an effort to identify them or you are just standing around them/ leave a room with unidentified dead bodies in them. Really a sus on you should be called on you for these things not a KOS but people are within the rules to do so.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by PoshLobster View Post

Anyone with half a brain knows that that guy either RDM'd or is the traitor. So the SEEing rule I find is hard to say. If it happens to you then its like you've been RDM'd because people don't think about sounds.

Like I might as well play with no sound but have voice talk only if you HAVE to see them do it.

Also if theres multiple people in a room you'd think at least 1 people would say something and if not then its safe to think theres WAS 2 and now 1 in the room?

Resident Crayfish

Total Donations For

Anyone with half a brain knows that that guy either RDM'd or is the traitor. So the SEEing rule I find is hard to say. If it happens to you then its like you've been RDM'd because people don't think about sounds.

Like I might as well play with no sound but have voice talk only if you HAVE to see them do it.

Also if theres multiple people in a room you'd think at least 1 people would say something and if not then its safe to think theres WAS 2 and now 1 in the room?
    you can still call a high sus on a player when there isn't enough evidence to kill or call a kos out on them...........

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    you can still call a high sus on a player when there isn't enough evidence to kill or call a kos out on them...........
    In real life if you think someone has a bomb you're not going to wait till he arms it....

Resident Crayfish

Total Donations For

In real life if you think someone has a bomb you're not going to wait till he arms it....
    Well lucky its not real life now isn't it :^)

You asked for an explanation you got it, I'm not sure what more you are trying to get from this?

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Well lucky its not real life now isn't it :^)

You asked for an explanation you got it, I'm not sure what more you are trying to get from this?
    I want everyone to be on the same page as this. JA's think different on the matter and thats something you CANT have in a community like this. Certainty when the server is newish and starting to get lots of people on it.

Resident Crayfish

Total Donations For

I want everyone to be on the same page as this. JA's think different on the matter and thats something you CANT have in a community like this. Certainty when the server is newish and starting to get lots of people on it.
    well lucky I just explained it now :^)

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

well lucky I just explained it now :^)
    I disagree with it but there's nothing I can do. So eh.

Looks like I'll be no sounding it as you cant use it.

HOF,Former Zombie SA and TTT JA
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities has a reputation beyond repute Dark Necessities's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Dark Necessities     $ 0.00
    I may have missed something here, but it looks like the JA team are on the same page here that it's not concrete evidence for killing the suspected person

I mean, if you heard it and that's it then you don't know the full story. The person coming down the stairs may have been an innocent who just killed a traitor in self defence and didn't ID the body (silly inno). Did a body get ID'd?
    There also may have been more than just that traitor in the room at the time, and perhaps the person coming down the stairs now is an inno whos running away scared, perhaps he saw two traitors shooting the dead person and doesn't fancy his chances. It may be he's fleeing for cover so he can type a KOS message, or doesn't want to think about holding down and talking while getting away.

It may seem simple enough to hear shots and be sure the person is a T, and more often than not the gut feeling is correct however, hearing shots above and assuming the person running away is a T while is a likely answer, it is not clear enough to kill.

Closed Thread

Thread Information