Closed Thread

Thread: AWPs on Office?

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Overall activity: 0%

Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Nexoit     $ 10.00

AWPs on Office?

So i recently got back into Office and I've been playing it semi casually for the past week.

Its been great, however i'm really confused on why you guys decided to bring AWPs to be a weapon you can pick in the buy menu as well as Dak Daks?

Everyone used to be very anti AWP on Office but i guess that was changed?

Kinda silly, i'd like to see old office back where it wasn't just sit at spawn and awp all day.

[DtK] [JA] Untouchable Nexoit is my best friend so..... but I still give him shit.

[DtK] [V] PiMpAct quick lets grab eachothers diks

Banned
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 477
    shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12's Avatar
    Total Donations For

shadowsl4yer12     $ 0.00
    Yea it was good when it was in the vending machine at a common firefight spot where only 2 people on each team could have a awp.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowsl4yer12 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Kao     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowsl4yer12 View Post
    Yea it was good when it was in the vending machine at a common firefight spot where only 2 people on each team could have a awp.
    mofo's alive??

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kao For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    I've had a few rounds the last few weeks, I personally don't mind the awps
    Office doesn't have that many things that can change to keep gameplay fresh.
    It's good to see something different, there sure is a lot less window campers and hallways are actually being used again. Cost we all know the cts with an awp just ran around and say at windows with p90's and it was just as annoying.

Tldr I like it this way

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 352

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    Awps have been unlimited on Office since November last year and closely monitored the entire time, they aren’t causing any significant issues, negatively impacting upon server populations or adversely affecting player retention to warrant further modification or restrictions.

Office also has random smoke nades and static filing cabinets in place to offer some of the less capable players additional cover.

Over the Christmas holiday period Office saw an influx of new players on the server, higher server traffic, increased server populations and improved player retention overall.

Admittedly we upset a number of Office Veterans to varying degrees with unrestricted awps whilst simultaneously other regulars welcomed and enjoyed the change, we also managed to increase the player base for the server by drawing in and retaining new players.

It really just sounds to me like the same tired old argument; Awps are OP, P90’s are OP, Para’s are OP, Dak dak’s, let’s have a pillow fight instead, etc…

Wherever it is a viable option the less restrictions the better.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Arkwark     $ 0.00
    I'm not an office player but I hoped on one day last week and noticed they were in the menu, I felt like the awps didn't change the gameplay too much, but at times felt like you could spawn trap the ct's super easy then again any good player with an ak could do the same.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arkwark For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 588
    Overall activity: 100.0%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 360.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkwark View Post
    I'm not an office player but I hoped on one day last week and noticed they were in the menu, I felt like the awps didn't change the gameplay too much, but at times felt like you could spawn trap the ct's super easy then again any good player with an ak could do the same.
    I think its easier to trap the T's with awps than CT's. But your point is valid in regards to ak's. When zone or unabooboo and others like them are spawn camping with their ak's i find it harder to get out than when most others are camping with the awps.

There are many players that are quite capable of killing you with any weapon from any spot with only 1 shot, whether they be rushing with deagles or p90's or camping with awps and scouts. People just need to learn how to beat the awpers and also how to die.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62

icantaim is on a distinguished road icantaim's Avatar
    Total Donations For

icantaim     $ 10.00
    Any gun is fine with me... I just wanna rescue the chickens.. or perhaps the admin can change them to something else each week?? ie, zombies... XD

13. The Following User Says Thank You to icantaim For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

We cant change the hostage skins every week but zombie hostages or something else could be fun for a change too.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 360

Whakatapu is on a distinguished road Whakatapu's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Whakatapu     $ 10.00
    I kinda miss when there was the AWP vending machine, but I'm not too bothered by the AWPs now being unrestricted. However it can be a little annoying at times when 3 or 4 CTs are camping with AWPs outside near the garage or when it turns into an awpfest and most of the players are using them

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

The levels of player prowess can often vary wildly on Office, from total nubs to complete ninjas either evenly mixed on both teams or sometimes stacked ninjas on one side vs nubs on the other.

I find the game play dynamics really depend on the caliber of players on the server more so than the types of weapons being used.

It’s about tactics and strategies imo. All it really takes is for someone to advantageously drop smoke to the benefit of their team and rush upon the enemy positions to flip the tables.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 392
    JetNZ has a spectacular aura about JetNZ has a spectacular aura about JetNZ's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] JetNZ     $ 0.00
    I must admit, I did enjoy opposition players having to earn the weapon and get all the way to the vending machine to use it. However, if we've learned anything since November - it's that people LOVE using the AWP, and not many were getting access to it with the old setup. Learning the map and figuring out the best lines to walk/run can be really helpful against them. You don't want to get into too many long-range battles if you're rockin' an ak or something, even if you're one of the best around. Get as close as you can by running close to walls, limiting the amount of camping spots that can see you etc. They often stand still like idiots, so a lot of the time they can be really easy to kill.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JetNZ For This Useful Post:

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 497

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00
    I do miss the old days when we used to have epic battles for control over the back stairway with all the regs, Seems most of the time now we have a bunch of rand awp campers but if this is progress bring it on there are still enough rushers to make the server interesting. but if it goes for a vote i would kick the awps but either way is good.
    Peace out
    Everybody loves Squat, You will too

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squat For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Pandora's box is well and truly open.

To put it simply, if unrestricted awps were negatively impacting upon server populations they would have been adjusted accordingly.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Eliteninja is on a distinguished road Eliteninja's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Eliteninja     $ 0.00

awps and dak daks on office

i think awps are fine on office because there a bolt action so if you miss you have a chance, dak dak on thw other hand are just plain anoying and shouldnt be in the buy menu maybe the admins could place it somewhere in the middle of the map or something, thanks for reading :P

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Your Last Connection to Office Eliteninja was the 4th April 2013 STEAM_0:1:51223242

Dak Dak's are nerfed @ only 5 rounds and because of this nobody really uses them or complains, course you'd already know this if you actually played on the server.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173

hellryder will become famous soon enough hellryder's Avatar
    Total Donations For

hellryder     $ 10.00
    i would like to vote the vending machine return

Scout+Deagle
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 42.0%

DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DertySnatchez     $ 10.00
    I thought the same until knight ops explained why..ye awps are op but my scout is quicker haha and p90s are no trouble at all. I actually find myself getting more in the "zone" lol when I play office now cos I really love destroying awpers with a scout.....

Scout+Deagle
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 42.0%

DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez is a name known to all DertySnatchez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] DertySnatchez     $ 10.00
    and like a few admins have stated...more people are playing..the server has been full on a few occasions the last month

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by hellryder View Post
    i would like to vote the vending machine return
    Hey buddy thank you for your input.

Just quickly, the main reason why there isn’t a vote and why I’m not considering conducting one at present is because the situation has been monitored the entire time in-game since awps were unrestricted back in November.

Another reason why there isn’t a vote is also because of data inaccuracies due to a large percentage of the office regular player base who are not registered on the forums and also partly because of votes from forum users who don’t actually play on the server, at least not on a frequent enough basis for their vote to hold merit.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information