+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mic won't work on this server

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 0%

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00

Mic won't work on this server

For some reason my mic works fine on dust2, but when I go on gg4 it just becomes static whenever I try to say anything. Are the voice settings different between servers? Does anyone else have this problem?

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    What Headset do you have? Some headsets don't work well with Source for some reason :/

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 455

Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Knitting     $ 283.46
    Both are source? Does it change for server to server?
    [SIGPIC]IMG]http://www.dying2kill.com.au/signaturepics/sigpic418_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

Casual Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Overall activity: 6.0%

DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] DirtyDeeds     $ 50.00
    My understanding is that the servers can choose whose voice to project or not. If the server deems you to not be "voice compliant" then it turns your voice into static.

There are many reasons why the server might do this - evidence of lack of intelligence, practical skills, navigation skills, poor memory or perhaps it just doesn't like the sound of your voice.

Servers are very perceptive in that way. Clearly the Dust server has a lower level of acceptance than the Gungame server. The answer though is not for the Gungame server to lower its standards, but for you to raise yours.

Best of luck in endeavours. We at GG4 would love to hear you speak one day soon.

Dirty :-)

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DirtyDeeds For This Useful Post:

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    Wow fku dirty

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delta For This Useful Post:

Death Reincarnate
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 97.0%

shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] shredder     $ 10.00
    There are console commands to do with sound and the server might have a different sound codec enabled, it's generally speex I think which is a good codec.

Edit: The command is sv_voicecodec so see if you can type that in on both servers and see if it has a different result.
    Last edited by shredder; 13-09-14 at 12:41 PM.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
    GPU:Gigabyte RTX 3060 12GB
    RAM:32GB Kingston HyperX RGB @3600MHz DDR4
    Motherboard:ASRock B550 PG Riptide
    Mouse:Razer Cobra RGB Gaming Mouse
    KeyboardLogitech G512 Carbon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shredder For This Useful Post:

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Complex1ty View Post
    What Headset do you have? Some headsets don't work well with Source for some reason :/
    I have no idea lol. I'm pretty sure it's about 10 years old and was bought in China or something. I have tried with a different headset and got the same result, so I was reluctant to buy a new headset because it looks like it's something to do with my computer settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamina View Post
    Both are source? Does it change for server to server?
    Yeah. It didn't work on the team gg server either. But it works fine for other applications e.g. Skype.

Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    There are console commands to do with sound and the server might have a different sound codec enabled, it's generally speex I think which is a good codec.

Edit: The command is sv_voicecodec so see if you can type that in on both servers and see if it has a different result.
    Thank you! I'll try that next time I'm on.

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDeeds View Post
    My understanding is that the servers can choose whose voice to project or not. If the server deems you to not be "voice compliant" then it turns your voice into static.

There are many reasons why the server might do this - evidence of lack of intelligence, practical skills, navigation skills, poor memory or perhaps it just doesn't like the sound of your voice.

Servers are very perceptive in that way. Clearly the Dust server has a lower level of acceptance than the Gungame server. The answer though is not for the Gungame server to lower its standards, but for you to raise yours.

Best of luck in endeavours. We at GG4 would love to hear you speak one day soon.

Dirty :-)
    My understanding is that you should eat a gigantic penis.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to button For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 455

Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Knitting     $ 283.46
    hahhahahahahaha

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post

Doesn't seem to work

] sv_voicecodec
    Unknown command: sv_voicecodec

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366

Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Blitz     $ 500.00
    If you change gg4 to sv_use_steam_voice 0, that should fix the problem squall.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blitz For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information