Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why are we so hard on our members/community?

bear
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Overall activity: 0%

boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] boo_boo     $ 20.00

Why are we so hard on our members/community?

Hi All,

Why are we so hard on our members and
    gaming community?

When we are playing online it can be intense.
    That's the nature of the game and we say
    things in the heat of the moment...we
    are all guilty of that. Do we need to continually punish
    people who play dtk cs when we get carried away? Are our
    numbers growing exponentially?

I think we need to reflect on our standards
    and behaviours when managing/leading
    the servers...live and let live I say...let's
    not become so bureaucratic/conservative that we lose
    sight of having fun...we must allow for passionate responses
    that may not be always appropriate...

It's a game and let's let off some steam...

Boo Boo

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to boo_boo For This Useful Post:

Death Reincarnate
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 295

shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder has much to be proud of shredder's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] shredder     $ 10.00
    Surf is pretty chill, kind of like its own community in itself.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
    GPU:Gigabyte RTX 3060 12GB
    RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @3600MHz DDR4
    Motherboard:ASRock B550 PG Riptide
    Mouse:Havit RGB Gaming Mouse
    KeyboardLogitech G512 Carbon RGB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shredder For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    So Vague.
    What are you even talking about, and why did you post this in the Office forums?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 455

Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Knitting     $ 283.46
    I am not too sure what you mean.
    People carrying on during a game or How admins deal with it?
    [SIGPIC]IMG]http://www.dying2kill.com.au/signaturepics/sigpic418_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    On which server are you experiencing this?
    KxG | Bento: i bet you want to e-date me
    KxG | Corey iz da houze ladiez.: only every day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bento For This Useful Post:

Hide my tattoos in Shibuya
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 824

Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pilot Jones     $ 50.00
    i do nt wana get hard on;, my community....

realy tho if ur feelin mistreated by admin juss report to council or squall or shaq even staff can help u'all ok. don t be sad!!!!!!! (sorry im rtdrunk]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilot Jones For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 175

Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    yea boo boo i dont think ur in a position to say how this community runs or how we deal with any issues, but as it is right now if you play on our servers, you listen to our admins and follow the rules.

and by the way be more specific you are too general so no one knows what the ♥♥♥♥ your talking about

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 743

Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Frendy     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminat0r View Post
    yea boo boo i dont think ur in a position to say how this community runs or how we deal with any issues
    Anyone is welcome to comment on that, thats how we grow as a community, if we had stayed the same without people helping and suggesting certain things we would not be the DtK we are today... while i dont agree with afew things that have turned out the way they have no matter your position you should ALWAYS be allowed to voice your opinion on how the community is running and your PERSONAL perspective, but you cant just go out saying that its shit for no reason, you should have atleast some sort of proof/evidence to help backup your point....

thats one thing that pisses me off is when people are cut down simply because they are ranked neophyte or unranked and are just a user on our forums (hell they might have been around a hell of alot longer than you).....and also the fact we cant openly express how we feel about the community without being punished >.>

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Kao     $ 0.00
    yea boo boo i dont think ur in a position to say how this community runs or how we deal with any issues, but as it is right now if you play on our servers, you listen to our admins and follow the rules.

and by the way be more specific you are too general so no one knows what the ♥♥♥♥ your talking about
    And who are you to say that he ain't in no position to speak his opinions to his community? Fk'n retard.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kao For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00

shots fired

What a joke dude. Please don't comment again.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    It is pretty ambiguous, but at the same time, posted in the Office section for [what I think are] obvious reasons.

I also believe Office admins would have a pretty decent understanding of this thread even though it is vague as shit, lol.

Nobody needs to bite anybody's' head off here, so I think people should simmer down and only come back if they think they can be constructive towards this.

Now OP:
    I do understand what you're saying boo_boo, I know you've had your ups and downs with ex admins, current admins, current and older players on Office, as has pretty much everybody under the sun with any CSS server around in the history of ever.
    Over a broad spectrum, you're right, its just a game and shit gets super heated especially on the faster paced servers like DM.
    Everybody lets off their steam as you know, everybody is guilty of it ofc, whether it be over mic or through chat. Dude, I know I've had my fair share,lol.

It comes down to different degrees of attitude, comments & abuse along with the frequency of it and who it may repeatedly come from.

All DtK admins across the board are able to use their 'powers' at their discretion depending on the situation.
    http://www.dying2kill.com.au/rules.php - Here are the broad spectrum of server rules they run their jobs by.
    This is an umbrella guide basically, and given they are confident and when required have evidence, admins are allowed to treat individual circumstances with their own non-bais judgement.

You [generalising, not directly saying you Boo_boo] might find it unfair that player 'x' always gets "picked on" by admins, however, you may be completely oblivious to their trolling history, their abusive nature on other servers, their ban history and their known lack of nice attitude while playing. Even if they are nice to you or your friend, you may not always know the whole entire situation's history.

Admins are chosen as they are believed to do well in their role, not abuse their power etc. Any adming found doing their job against the purpose is dealt with accordingly when evidence is brought forward.

In the end, yeah it is a game, but real people play it and real people should be treated with respect no matter the fact that you're all sitting behind a computer screen. Some shit is fine as you're joking with mates etc, but you always gotta remember not everybody is in on the joke, or would take it as such.

There's a broad spectrum reply to a broad spectrum post

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 73.0%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 345.00
    Pretty sure i know exactly what you mean Boo. And i know you have been playing dtk office dm a hell of a lot longer than me, but i think a lot of what you are seeing, is exactly what cuff referred to. It's ongoing abuse and previous history of it that gets kicks bans mutes. I personally allow a lot of abuse to go back and forth, even when directed at myself. But there IS a limit.

That limit can change on any given day based on mood and circumstances based around an admins life. We are after all human beings, despite what non admins think of us. The nature / severity of the abuse will also determine the nature / severity of the response.

As i have said many times on server, If you have a problem with any other player / admin, here on the dtk forums, is the right place to post that stuff. In game is usually a very poor choice. As you stated, it is an intense situation, but we admins are also there in that situation, so our responses can be as heated as any1 elses.

I know i certainly try to keep calm and stay out of these things, but we also get frustrated.

Just think, as an admin we are not hearing / copping just the abuse 1 person might be delivering. We are getting it from everyone.

Alot of the more experienced admins are also helping newer admins on other servers with issues that they may be having.
    It can get extremely hectic.

And in amongst all that we have to watch and seperate the actual hackers from the great players that everyone accuses of hacking.

If you ever think i am being too harsh on office, i invite you to pm me and ill gladly give you the backround or resaon i did what i did. But try not to challenge an admin in game, as they are already dealing with a negative situation, almost guaranteeing a negative response to anyone challenging their actions who is not actually involved in the original problem. Our situations are a lot more intense in game than a regular players i think.

Just my 2 cents worth. Actually its more like $20 worth but whatever. lol.
    Last edited by WalkerBoh; 05-07-14 at 11:59 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

I think boo boo is deliberately ambiguous in his initial post because there's no actual validity or merit to the flimsy notion he's trying to fabricate.
    Quote Originally Posted by boo_boo View Post
    Do we need to continually punish
    people who play dtk cs when we get carried away?
    I challenge you boo boo to provide us with one Office DM specific example of what or who you're referring to (if not here than at least communicate it via a PM to a staff member or better yet Squall).

I don't think you will boo boo because I have a fairly decent grasp of what your eluding to and it's frankly ridiculous and even laughable to suggest that anyone has been unjustly punished or even hard done by. I just want a plan and simple example of one instance. I dare you to step forward and into the light. Come on buddy don't be selfish, share it with us...

Global Admin
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Bruce     $ 0.00
    I think Boo Boo has hit a nerve hence why the admin and other players jump down his neck. Thanks for your input. If you are having issues with admin please send in some evidence or contact me as "I" as a LM will provide some non-bias feedback and perhaps a solution. I think it is important everyone is allowed to voice their opinion. If anyone feels uncomfortable to discuss with Server Admin i am happy to help "if i can"... Do not hate on the players fellow admin its a game...be the bigger man.
    Last edited by Bruce; 05-07-14 at 05:53 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

boo boo created a thread to have a discussion so lets have one and get to the point so any "issues" or concerns can be addressed. Lets not try and hide behind a veil of ambiguity. If he doesn't want to elaborate
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ops. View Post
    than at least communicate it via a PM to a staff member or better yet Squall

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 497

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00
    I believe we let a lot of smack talk go on and as long as its in good fun and in fairly good taste long may it continue, However when it turns personal or racist/sexist etc we will warn then mute or in extreme cases ban, We want every one on the server to have fun but not at the expense of any body else, that annoying little preb with the squeaky voice has just as much right to talk as anyone else on the server and doesn't deserve to be picked on just because he has no hair on his backside yet. There are some on the server who spew an endless trail of verbal diarrhoea out of their mouths ( you know who I am talking about ) and that is their right to do so but keep it clean and reasonably civil and we wont have a problem.
    Please enjoy the free server provided to you by the good folks at DTK, but respect the few rules we have.
    Last edited by squat; 05-07-14 at 06:11 PM.
    Everybody loves Squat, You will too

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to squat For This Useful Post:

bear
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 253

boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo has a brilliant future boo_boo's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] boo_boo     $ 20.00
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it.

Please note that this thread was my subjective view.

I recently had a friend re-banned for 6 months. This is why I posted the thread.
    I certainly don't have the detail on what occurred and the way it was handled
    and am not judging this and acknowledge that all admins have a tough role.

I felt I needed to raise my subjective view for reflection only.

It's great to see a spectrum of replies and views and
    shows we all are passionate about Dtk.

Thanks,
    boo boo

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boo_boo For This Useful Post:

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 497

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00
    The most shocking thing about this whole thread without a shadow of a doubt and i am sure that you will all agree, When did boo_boo make a friend?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to squat For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Loki will become famous soon enough Loki will become famous soon enough Loki's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Loki     $ 10.00
    Boo Boo made a friend when he joined Baest. It all honesty, I think he made a mistake.

I know I am not liked by the admins, for eg. I've had a chat already to Walkerboh and we have both acknowledged our differences and have 'maturely' decided to leave each other alone. *respect

Yes, we all know why boo boo made that post (and so do you KnightOps so don't pretend you don't). Perhaps boo boo should have clarified in his initial post that he respected the general work of the admins but felt that this 'particular person' was being dealt overly harsh.

Cuffeh has a great point that one needs to consider past history etc and I get that but 6 months ban on a comment coming from pure love and passion for the server he's actually playing in? Comeon.. (this is why I assume boo boo has questioned whether the #'s on the server were inc or dec)

I am happy with how the admins run Office DM and thrive on the competitive 'apparent' rivalry between our members and 'others'.

The more heat and passion the better I say. Makes it more intense and enjoyable.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Some old guy
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Rowdy     $ 55.00
    The best course of action for your friend is a ban protest boo boo
    aeGis.|DtK|
    GeeSix K.r.o.n.i.c Octave Pand3mic ReNji Rowdy

CPU: intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H70 liquid cooler with single Scythe GT
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz 16GB (2x8GB)
    GPU: Gigabyte 1080 G1 8GB
    Board: AsRock Z270 Pro 4
    SSD: 1x840EVO 120GB, 1x850EVO 120GB, 1x LITEON 250GB
    HDD: 2x WD Caviar blacks 1TB in Raid 0
    PSU: Seasonic X-1050 80Plus Gold 1050W
    Case: Corsair 600T Black
    Mouse: Steelseries Rival 600 + SteelSeries Prism Pad
    Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB TKL (Cherry Red)
    Headset:SteelSeries Arctis 5

Monitors: BenQ XL2430T 24in LED 144Hz + Samsung 24" LED
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

Closed Thread

Thread Information