Thread: Wanting to buy a Subaru Impreza

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 0%
    pam_27 will become famous soon enough pam_27's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] pam_27     $ 0.00

Wanting to buy a Subaru Impreza

Hello all,

I currently looking to buy a Subaru Impreza S R / S WRX sedan in white + manual (2000-2007). Finiding it difficult to find one in SA, let alone one with kms below 100,000.

Just wondering whether anyone has/knows anyone who owns one and is willing to part with either one of those variants. Any feedback on this model would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Saucae will become famous soon enough Saucae's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Saucae     $ 0.00
    I heard the "De Dion Bouton Et Trepardoux" is a good car.
    here's a picture of my uncle driving one.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saucae For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Arkwark     $ 0.00
    To be honest when it comes to impreza's if you're after the true performance you need to go STi. WRX is only good for burning the clutch and going 5.7 0-100 apart from that, in the corners it just doesn't have the package the STi offers, all round bilstein suspension, sti bushing, transmission, etc.

If you have the money don't even consider the WRX go for the STi.

The rexy is definitely a good base don't get me wrong, personally I'd go the 1998-99 WRX models it's cheaper provides same performance, if not I'd go the 02' rex, the rest provide same performance but in my opinion are just hideous.

I currently drive a MY06 3.0R liberty and I have everything about it, but I do have the STi package, the suspension is rigid and rough in day to day driving, but damn it provides the performance in the corners. The AWD wow, you should already know. The engine, completely in love with the 3.0 boxer, nothing to complete whatsoever about subaru's. If you're a p-plater and have the money go that, don't even consider the rex.

You're going to struggle finding one to those standards.

9.5k lowish k's and few modifications 99' model in SA not white though.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=7&sdmvc=1
    Last edited by Arkwark; 09-06-14 at 10:06 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arkwark For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Saucae View Post
    I heard the "De Dion Bouton Et Trepardoux" is a good car.
    here's a picture of my uncle driving one.

Thanks Saucae, that response was about as useful as a midget on a basketball team.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pam_27 For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Thanks Arkwark, I appreciate it. Considered an STi but not in my price range. I like the look of the second generation Subaru Impreza's anything pre is a little too old school/rough looking for me. I will keep searching see how I go, patience is a virtue I guess. Cheers.

Turtle #1 fanboi
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 14.0%

No_ID is just really nice No_ID is just really nice No_ID is just really nice No_ID is just really nice No_ID's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] No_ID     $ 20.00
    Subaru? Get an evo lancer son.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark has a reputation beyond repute Arkwark's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Arkwark     $ 0.00
    To be honest the biggest thing I'd have to say is make you they can supply a full service history, half the blokes who drive wrx's just thrash them and don't fully service what is needed. Be careful with modifications too, most will be illegal which isn't a problem you just need to understand if you get pulled over by regency you're ♥♥♥♥ed. Also check redbook for the average pricing of the model your looking for if there's any issues you can haggle the price down. Also save yourself the pain, GET A PROFESSIONAL INSPECTION, costs $140 but well worth it.

And when it comes to tyres don't get shitty random Japanese tyres which most WRX's will have in comparison to STI's, personally for SA roads, potenza RE001, or RE002 is the way to go, stock rims which came on my suby were 215/45R17, and being such an odd size would have costed 550 per tyre for the 001's which was ridiculously so I swapped out for a common 18 inch rim, fitting 225/45R18 size which plenty of commodores have, costing around 290-350 per tyre.

Tyre's are what keeps you on the road don't sting out on them.

And if anyone is selling or knows someone selling a mk 6 Golf R preferably two door in SA, let me know.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arkwark For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

That is why I am leaning towards a Subaru Impreza S R not a rex, from what I have seen so far many of these have had modifications which I’m not keen on. Is the professional inspection the same as a RAA check?

Shot Blocker, Rim Rocker
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 406

Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq has a brilliant future Shaq's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Shaq     $ 10.00
    I'd like to recommend a mazda, they fit the whole family and are very stylish

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shaq For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information