+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SourceBans Is Here

DtK Council
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Overall activity: 0%

F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [FM] F. Krueger     $ 125.00

SourceBans Is Here

Well after much demand, shouting, and crying, I am happy to inform everyone that we have source bans up and running on all CSS Servers.
    For anyone who doesn’t know what Sourcebans is, Sourcebans manages all admin actions and bans made on the game servers. It logs admin bans as well as vote bans made by players. It will apply the ban to all servers so if a player is banned for 1 hr on Gungame, they won’t be able to move on to the next DtK and cause trouble there while waiting for their ban to expire. It will log the admin that makes the ban so if you or someone is banned you can go to the DTK source bans website and protest the ban.
    We can now shine a light at the admin that use the ban way too freely and don’t submit demos. We can also look at the players that are constantly vote banned from the servers by you as it shows the number of bans received in the past, it will log the server the ban was received on, the ip of the person banned, time and date.

You can view our DTK source bans here http://dtk.sbans.net/index.php

On a more rewarding note, having sourcebans we are now able to grant new privileges to all of you, our valued members. We will be looking at the following auditions.
    · Applying an immunity level which corresponds to your group level in the forums, so you cannot be targeted by a vote from a lower ranked member or most importantly by a non DTK member.
    · Apply reserved slots to members so you will not have to wait for connection to a full game server
    · Adding another level in the community, with another set of skins.
    If anyone has any other ideas of rewards that can be added via custom admin flags, we are open to suggestions.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Nicsta50 will become famous soon enough Nicsta50's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Nicsta50     $ 0.00
    Admins do do the worng things at times and somtimes a voteban is all they need to calm down..... i like it when i legitly get vote banned coz it tells me "ok, just chill, dont get into a fight with player, let bygones be bygones, its only an hour, go watch youtube or kick ass on GG" (note.... dont normally kick ass in GG)
    Nic's youtube (go there now O.o)

10:52 PM - Nic [new mouse]: well i know corrupted in real life and am going bowling with him in a few weeks

10:52 PM - Effalump: who gives a f*** about that
    10:52 PM - Effalump: HES LEAVING US NIC
    10:52 PM - Effalump cries
    10:52 PM - Nic [new mouse] cries too

The man, The legend, The myth.
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 555

R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] R@NDO     $ 5.00
    lols dude source ban means no kickin it in gg to live out ur ban :P, plus admin are suppose to be mature enough to ignore an not fight with players

Quote Originally Posted by Honoba View Post
    Princess Honoba {Elk}: if you put all of us in a room
    Princess Honoba {Elk}: what do you think would happen
    Princess Honoba {Elk}: i imagine we'd kill each other sooner or later
    Princess Honoba {Elk}: well besides tonic.. we'd probably just rape him

==[o_X]=+=>IN DA HEAD!!!!
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    One|By|One is on a distinguished road One|By|One's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] One|By|One     $ 0.00
    100% true huh but still i dont agree. but if council thinks that should be it should be.
    WELCOME
    TO DYING 2 KILL FORUMS.

SEE YOU ON DE_DUST2 SERVER.
    ANY PROBLEMS JUST MESSAGE ME.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    007. is on a distinguished road 007.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

007.     $ 0.00
    Anyone else pumped!!! This is hectic

DtK Council
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 498

F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [FM] F. Krueger     $ 125.00
    Immunity doesn’t necessarily mean that the person has fully immunity to votes or bans it only means they are immune from lower ranked players starting the vote against them, so in that case an SA can run a vote ban on a JA and below,
    a V can run a vote on a M and below.

The current immunity levels are:
    · 60 Council
    · 50 Staff
    · 40 Senior Admin (SA)
    · 30 Junior Admin (JA)
    · 20 Veteran
    · 10 Member
    · 00 Non Members

I do think it necessary that our members are not disturbed by abusive vote banns from non members causing trouble.
    That along with the fact that members can now record a demo and submit it to www.dying2kill.com.au/sourcebans the demo can be easily reviewed and then acted upon with a few clicks by staff.
    Last edited by F. Krueger; 25-03-11 at 01:30 AM.

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    The immunity system does have it's advantage.

On a side note, Admins have always had immunity from votebans etc at least on JB
    Our names never come up on the list. =)
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO has a reputation beyond repute R@NDO's Avatar
    Total Donations For

thanks for the clarification on the levels. this will prove to be a great addition to our servers im sure

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366

Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Blitz     $ 500.00
    Sourcebans is awesome.

Do we still still use the Court section for demos or do we just do it all through SB?

Total Donations For

all through sb i think.... unban requests will still be on forums tho according to sb

Boobies

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    I think we should still encourage use of the Court system, with reporting players, uploading demo's etc. This way, the exact piece of information and or recording, is there for all to see. Also, when bans are questioned, is better to show the reasons for the ban with demo than to rely on SB in my opinion.

Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Blitz     $ 500.00
    Thanks for the clarification.

That brings me to another point slightly off topic. Is there really a need for a report and evidence files sections? As you find demo's included in the report section.

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by izyle View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.

Is there really a need for a report and evidence files sections? As you find demo's included in the report section.
    From my understanding, the evidence board is for Admins to submit demos (as evidence). If admins ban someone for say hacking, they need to submit a demo of the player hacking to this section. This ensures that admins do not abuse their powers and the ban is valid.

Report section is for members and non-dtk members to report players for hacking,abusing !cp ,etc (with evidence), so appropriate action may be taken against the player in question.

Squall.

Total Donations For

Blitz     $ 500.00
    Thanks Squall

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    Im sure i suggested something slightly similar to this a while ago (was only a ban list as such) and it was met with nothing but heavy criticism?

Edit, here it is.
    http://www.dying2kill.com.au/threads...stion-BAN-list.

Should also say this is an excellent idea, and i think it will work very very well.
    Last edited by Tonic; 26-03-11 at 03:03 PM.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285
    forkus will become famous soon enough forkus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] forkus     $ 0.00
    Excellent to see.

What happens to the reports that were in the Report section but had not been decided on yet?

Global Admin
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Bruce     $ 0.00
    Well, i got no idea how we are expected to keep players.

I have a few issues with sourcebans...

I have to demo every perm ban. So a hackor was on today, ppl bring up a voteban, by the time i switch to spec view, start demo, he has already been banned for an hour and 12 ppl have left. He can then come back an hour later and do it all again.

I personally (think it is a good idea, but have no idea how we can implement it. Is there an easier or quicker way to demo, i would suggest we need 5 seconds of demo or so? I just can not see how it is going to work... :| i may as well just give all haxors a 1hr ban....

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 497

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00
    Im am with bruce on this one, I think the admins for the most part are mature enough to make judgement calls with out demos, Maybe they could ban for a day first then repeat offenders could get a longer ban. if an admin does cock it up and ban the wrong person so be it everone makes mistakes its annoying buyt the banned player will just have to tolerate RL for a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruva View Post
    Well, i got no idea how we are expected to keep players.

I have a few issues with sourcebans...

I have to demo every perm ban. So a hackor was on today, ppl bring up a voteban, by the time i switch to spec view, start demo, he has already been banned for an hour and 12 ppl have left. He can then come back an hour later and do it all again.

I personally (think it is a good idea, but have no idea how we can implement it. Is there an easier or quicker way to demo, i would suggest we need 5 seconds of demo or so? I just can not see how it is going to work... :| i may as well just give all haxors a 1hr ban....
    Everybody loves Squat, You will too

GG Has been
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6

Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Drunk Gamer Dud     $ 10.00
    Is is possible to tie sourceTV into source bans? say an admin wants to demo someone but doesnt have long before they leave. Can we put a mani admin/!cp option to allow admins to make the server demo the suspect player? (of course the !cp option would be open to admins only).

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Gamer Dud View Post
    Is is possible to tie sourceTV into source bans? say an admin wants to demo someone but doesnt have long before they leave. Can we put a mani admin/!cp option to allow admins to make the server demo the suspect player? (of course the !cp option would be open to admins only).
    Actually been thinking of making a plugin just for this purpose for a while now. !CP could work as well.

Squall.

Banned
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Hellspawn will become famous soon enough Hellspawn will become famous soon enough Hellspawn's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Hellspawn     $ 0.00
    Yeah thats a good idea. Maybe like how TV recorders work.

Like it records every 10 minutes and its on a 10 minute loop. So there's only 10 minutes of video storage on the server at any time.
    When a voteban occurs or admin action, it saves the 10 minutes leading up to the ban and then continues recording.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information