+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cryptic's Office Guide

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 0%

cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] cryptic.conviction     $ 70.00

Cryptic's Office Guide

Hey all!

Keep in mind while reading this that it is all just generally in my opinion from experience playing on the server.

How to be a better player on Office
    This is a very broad question as there are many different ways to play, some slow and boring but yield good ratios and rage from others (camping) and some quick and fun yet require slightly more know-how.

First things first... I completely agree with squall in the case of "a good player can make any weapon he/she uses seem op". I have had some experience with this as i play random weapons quite often and still hold a generally ok score(IMO anyway). Every weapon requires a slightly different approach for example, holding the trigger down on an AK isnt really how you want to be using it, or using a shotgun for long range(obvious statement is obvious).
    something else... css is just a game, takes time to learn how to use everything just like any other game, the more time you put in the faster everything will begin to feel like second nature...

List of general tips (that seem to work for me)
    1. Don't play when angry. I seem to play terribly if I'm in a bad mood/angry
    2. Again, CSS is just a game, you're playing it to have fun (should be anyway)... dont take everything so seriously, if someone is killing the fun, change the way you're playing to take that into account. change team. play in a different section of the map. or quit altogether, go get something to eat and come back.
    3. Something that gets me is someone using mic that I Don't want to hear... everyone gets upset and tells them to shut the @#$! up... don't bother getting mad at them. they wont listen to you! this is the internet after all... press esc. then player list. find them and press the mute button. now you won't hear them. wasn't that hard .... wow
    4. Do not ignore the radar. On many occasions I have had the element of surprise due to someone else seeing the enemy. remember to look at it frequently.
    5. If someone sees you camping, and you don't kill them, move... because chances are they are annoyed with you and now know you are there... and try everything to get you (I've been in both situations with many players before). if you don't move, they get you one way or another in the end.

and the biggest tip for general play goes to -------> HEALTH PACKS
    the amount of times I've seen someone run past a health pack and then get awp'd is not funny... chances are if they grabbed the health pack they would have survived the awp shot. if you see a healthpack... get it.

on to office...
    IMO there is no "best" way to play on office. a few popular ways are running around willy nilly with an ak and popping heads where ever they move, camping with snipers, rushing with p90 but then there is everything in between.

most of the general tips apply to running around with an ak especially the radar watching. aim at head and shoot twice or 3 times, if that doesnt kill them either keep moving or step sideways and shoot 2/3 times again

if you're camping with a sniper, dont stand still... move from side to side while aiming. dont stay in the same place, if you're camping toilets, use both sides not just main corridor side. or camping back window near CT, use both sides of the box, and both sides of the middle brick bit. moving target is always harder to snipe than a stationary one.

theres not much to p90 rushing, aim and hold the trigger. (obvious statement is obvious again >_< )

so... after all that how do you counter the p90 rushers, dakdak ct campers or any sort of camper for that matter...

to kill campers, I tend to camp O_o near toilets if against CT and in front office or on the box looking down main corridor if against T. for the window campers... there is not a lot you can do other than use a scout to hs from t spawn or go around the other way -_- not a lot of window camping these days tho ^_^

camping where the rectangles are and aim in the direction of the arrows...

the p90 rushers. umm not really much i do about them. deagle to the face? stock pile health packs and p90 them back?

umm I'm not 100% certain this will even work. I don't youtube due to lack of good internet ^_^
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcgbBa1dPM0

coolio then.. thats about it for playing on office cryptic style... O_O
    Last edited by cryptic.conviction; 01-04-14 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added video :D

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cryptic.conviction For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    Wow setting the bar high. Well done.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Goose For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 175

Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    #bringbackcryptic #cryticJA2014

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Terminat0r For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 244

Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Gyarados     $ 60.00
    ♥♥♥♥ me

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 14

black_twang will become famous soon enough black_twang's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] black_twang     $ 40.00
    That was a good guide cryptic you've absolutely right thanks for that im just gonna steal everyones health pack now, haven't seen you on office for ages you should get on more

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 357

cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] cryptic.conviction     $ 70.00
    thanks all ps I dont know how to youtube O.o if you can see video, here is a quick explanation
    0:35 to 0:45 is my reason for telling you to pick up health packs ^_^ and using the shoot a couple times and move on theory
    1:11 lolwat >.>
    2:15 shotgun from range lol got lucky :}
    3:45 moving from side to side while scouting

also doing video is cool.. next time I will have to do when we're all having fun! get some of the crazy from office out there for the world to see :}
    Last edited by cryptic.conviction; 01-04-14 at 07:00 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cryptic.conviction For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information