Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes If it was smaller

9 60.00%
  • No I don't like it at all

6 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aztec Deathmatch - If the map was tighter would you play on it?

Banned
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TotalMK has a spectacular aura about TotalMK has a spectacular aura about TotalMK has a spectacular aura about TotalMK's Avatar
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00

Aztec Deathmatch - If the map was tighter would you play on it?

Hi!

So A while back I made a thread asking to play some Aztec on DTK with there deathmatch mod. Several people said it was a good idea but most DTK Admins / Higher Ups said that map doesn't work well for Deathmatch. I believe this map can be tweeked very easily to make it a suitable Deathmap map.

My question is if I got a mapper (Or if I learnt how to edit maps on CSS (Hey I used to map Doom maps! )) to make changes to the map to make it a tighter, smaller arena would you play Aztec? Do you like the map?

The Silly Old Willy
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 0%
    loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] loubot69     $ 0.00
    I like the map already, the thing is though lots of people camp with awps on this map (in deathmatch) and the play just gets bogged down

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    There is nothing wrong with DM on aztec. However random spawns would suit it better than standard spawns.

Banned
    TotalMK has a spectacular aura about TotalMK has a spectacular aura about TotalMK has a spectacular aura about TotalMK's Avatar
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00
    But with the Deathmatch mod we can look at disableing or restricting the AWP. And also the changes I have in mind would make it faster to get to the Area above for both teams...so CT's wouldn't have the AWP Sniping T Advantage.

Squall: Interesting, not the biggest fan of Random spawns but if the map was tighter I think it would be great for DM

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    Why not implement teleports through out the map? Make it so that it teleports you to random destinations so you cant choose which place to teleport to. Thus making it easy to move around the map?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00
    Either way the map needs to be modded, but I can tell you if we close off certain areas like T spand and CT spawn and re-locate them close to the middle we won't need them, the action will be confined but not to confined either. Like Dust 2.

Banned
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00
    I thought I would show you guys images of the 'changes' I have in mind that would make Aztec a more fun map by 'trimming the fat' off this level, tell me what you think I would love some feedback

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TotalMK For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    I actually like these ideas.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Goose For This Useful Post:

rage Killer^

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

I can probably do this really easily.
    Let me know if you want me to have a go at it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to andr0iid For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00
    Android I would love you to do it man! I downloaded the Source SDK and Tried to get Hammer working but kept getting weird errors when loading official "de_aztec.vtf" files. I have confidence that these changes would make a deathmatch Aztec game very dynamic and fun

rage Killer^

Total Donations For

I'll have a go at it and hopefully have it done by thursday night if something doesn't come up.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to andr0iid For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00
    Awesome thanks dude!

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] jimmyshoes     $ 0.00
    I actually used to run aztec for 50 kills on dust 2 occasionally, as well as Italy etc. good map, it is spread out, but with 40 players it ain't so big
    good thoughts man
    I used to play a server that ran dust, aztec and dust 2, wasn't dm though. although I think int would work in that format. Maybe 30 --50 kills to keep it revolving frequently.

jimmyshoes

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyshoes For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 68

Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bauxe     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalMK View Post
    I thought I would show you guys images of the 'changes' I have in mind that would make Aztec a more fun map by 'trimming the fat' off this level, tell me what you think I would love some feedback

Trying to do these right now. I don't know the map, so its a bit hard, but should be done pretty soon.

Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe has a reputation beyond repute Bauxe's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Ok take a look and tell me if anything else needs to change. It was just compiled with no VIS or RAD, so don't think it will always look like that. :P

I did the T side a bit differently though, other than that, its pretty much 100% what you suggested. Let me know if you think there could be any other changes.

Also, delete the bsp after you check it out, I forgot to rename it before uploading.

http://puu.sh/7CuZi/2c4bd40831.bsp

edit: also, only 1 spawn point per team at the moment

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bauxe For This Useful Post:

rage Killer^

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Like_a_Bauxe View Post
    Ok take a look and tell me if anything else needs to change. It was just compiled with no VIS or RAD, so don't think it will always look like that. :P

I did the T side a bit differently though, other than that, its pretty much 100% what you suggested. Let me know if you think there could be any other changes.

Also, delete the bsp after you check it out, I forgot to rename it before uploading.

http://puu.sh/7CuZi/2c4bd40831.bsp

edit: also, only 1 spawn point per team at the moment
    Beat me to it lol

Banned
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00
    Nice work Like_a_Bauxe! There is one Critical thing that needs to change other than that it looks great, there were a few "HOM Effects" around where you made some of the changes....is it hard to amend these?

Critical Fix Needed Here:
    With a knife run jump you can shimmer accross the ledge into that back part of T spawn we blocked off you get trapped there in the map. So we need to block this up.

HOM Effects:

T Spawn (Top)

T Spawn (Bottom of Ramp)

I asume this is because of a missing sky texture, as you said VIS or RAD...
    But just in case you don't know about it:

Thanks heaps!
    Last edited by TotalMK; 21-03-14 at 08:01 PM.

Total Donations For

I'll check it out. Should be able to fix all that, although that last one looks like the skybox is the issue. Strange.

Total Donations For

Ok firstly, the issue with getting out the map was my bad. I accidently disabled all triggers / clips / so on, which is also why the water in the map disappeared. It should all be fixed now.

Texturing should also be fine as well.

I went ahead and did a full compile, and it looks fine. Let me know if there are any last changes before I do one final compile of the map (sometime tomorrow).

http://puu.sh/7DGhG/b18df4874a.rar

Banned
    Total Donations For

TotalMK     $ 0.00
    Excellent! It's perfect! Does it have all the Spawn points needed to be used on a server?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information