Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JB changes that i would like to see

LeKrez James
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00

JB changes that i would like to see

Hi

I may come across rude in this thread, but this has been bothering me for well over a year rofl. Before anyone criticises me, I have had my fair share of JB playtime and there's a perfectly good explanation as to why the connection times on the server have been so short recently.

I originated from FG, im trying to "advertise" as least as possible, but their JB server was amazing, now im not trying to suggest that DtK should be like FG, but it does not hurt to LEARN from the best and recall on what had worked really well for DtK JB in the past.

Map Changes:

A Big change that I would like to see is a HUGE change in the map rotation,
    Let's be real here, have you seen some, if not most maps? Those maps are TERRIBLE!
    The reason why they could be terrible is because the wardening might be terrible, but that's a different subject. Maps like sand really cheese me off, there is absolutely no space to be able to do anything creative imo. The map is way too big with a lot of 1 way minigames. eg climb, those mines in the ground lol.

I dunno, maybe sand is really good, maybe sand helps populate the server or atleast keeps the population at a good level. If it does, I sound like a fckin idiot rofl. I haven't looked any stats to support my statements so I do apologise. I just find sand extremely bland and boring and that's why I used it as an example

Perhaps a better example is vipinthemix, it has WAY too many minigames in a very small map, small hallways and corridors, too many options for Ts to rebel. are CTs actually able to get the Ts outside? consistently? rofl

Definitely a big change that I would like to see is a huge map overhaul

Ts are there to have fun as well!!

The wardens definitely need to pick up their game like seriously.
    What the CTs need to realise that (in my honest opinion) It's their job to make sure the Ts have FUN playing the minigames that are located around the map, and not only that, the minigames that the CTs themselves, have created.
    The CTs definitely need to remember that THEY are the ones controlling the server, it really is their job that determines whether the server rises or dies in population.
    In summary of that short note, make sure Ts have fun first, CTs second.

Possible attitude change might be needed:

Some CTs definitely need an attitude change, this can be really hard to enforce but I do hope that a lot of people read this. Attitude plays a BIG part in whether the Ts are having fun or not. Now im going to use Pilot as an example because I love dick riding him. Yes, pilot is naturally an entertaining dude as we don't usually come across African americans on the internet, in particular, in an Australian gaming server. This is perhaps a bad example as Pilot is naturally unique because of his personality and background

HOWEVER, that does not stop people from LEARNING Pilot's ways in how he engages the server with his witty and humorous remarks and orders. For a lot of CTs, use your personality and attitude as an ADVANTAGE to populate the server, use it to make the server a great environment to be in. No one likes some dude sounding like an emo, showing absolutely no emotion or personality in his speaking. We all have emotions, personalities and the ability to talk, lets use it to our advantage.

Plan your rounds!!

I think wardens definitely need to think about some great/effective orders that will keep the Ts interested. The generic 1 step out is fine for a guncheck but definitely spicing things up wont hurt. If you're dead waiting for a new round, a good idea imo is zooming around the map, thinking about what you can play next, what orders you should give out next, that may sound nerdy as fk, but it can ensure that everyone can potentially have a fun round if you do a quick 2 minute plan.

I just wish that CTs and wardens will hopefully realise that at the end of the day, it will be them that will shape the server, their personalities and attitudes really do affect the server whether that may be a negative or a positive. It's really important that the CTs realise that they have a massive number of Ts WAITING for something fun to play, the more waiting around they do, the more impatient they might become which can eventually lead to rebelling. It really is important to keep rounds moving along!

Summary/tl;dr

In summary, I think the maps need to be looked at, determine which ones aren't being played, replace them with extremely better maps that are easy to control Ts, but also give a great variety of minigames and allows enough space for CTs to think of their own games. (That sounds like too much of an ask. woops) So something like blackops possibly, but with more minigames.

CTs need to know that they're there to shape the gaming experience of everyone on the server, which involves making sure the Ts are having fun. To help with this issue is making sure to have a positive and entertaining attitude, it doesn't necessarily have to be entertaining but have some LIFE in your speaking, be enthusiastic!!! Being enthusiastic can be contagious!!!!

If CTs are struggling with orders and minigames, LEARN from the best. Observe what others are doing right, work out whats working and whats not. Do that when you're on T or if you're dead waiting in spectator mode.

I think I've written a lot, I apologise if I come across rude or extremely clueless.
    Thanks fellas
    Last edited by Krezand; 13-03-14 at 11:38 PM.

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Overall activity: 0%
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    #getmapsfromFG
    #ifwewincommunitywarwegetallofFGsmaps
    KxG | Bento: i bet you want to e-date me
    KxG | Corey iz da houze ladiez.: only every day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bento For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 477
    shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12's Avatar
    Total Donations For

shadowsl4yer12     $ 0.00
    i really like the ideas and other things you've pointed out here Krezand
    and i would really like to see them be put in!!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowsl4yer12 For This Useful Post:

Hide my tattoos in Shibuya
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 824

Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pilot Jones     $ 50.00
    Y'all better recognize these suggestions, we want to make the server a better place for all those that play it and for those who will discover it.
    if you desire the solidarity that a community should have, then note that these are valid points.

Krez & PJ bout to lay the Smackdown on y'all niggas. Listen up y'heard me?!?

Last edited by Pilot Jones; 13-03-14 at 11:40 PM.

The Pussy Prince
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 350

the presidant has a reputation beyond repute the presidant has a reputation beyond repute the presidant has a reputation beyond repute the presidant has a reputation beyond repute the presidant has a reputation beyond repute the presidant has a reputation beyond repute the presidant has a reputation beyond repute the presidant has a reputation beyond repute the presidant has a reputation beyond repute the presidant has a reputation beyond repute the presidant has a reputation beyond repute the presidant's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] the presidant     $ 10.00
    For a lot of CTs, use your personality and attitude as an ADVANTAGE
    This is y im a mad dog. cozzy 4 warden of the year 2014, all jokes aside some good points were made.

JB admins could get some people to nominate to teach others to warden properly, or to an extent where they can actually control people because in the end if a warden just constantly dies because of people rebelling, it's no fun for the T's or the CT's.

11:40 PM - LeKrez James: you are actually
    11:40 PM - LeKrez James: the only person in dtk
    11:40 PM - LeKrez James: that i simply cannot hate
    11:40 PM - LeKrez James: omg same with jet, shaq and jonesy
    11:40 PM - LeKrez James: you 4 guys omg

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to the presidant For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao has a reputation beyond repute Kao's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Kao     $ 0.00
    I 100% totally agree with what you just explained. The server is in an disorientated generation.

LeKrez James
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

I perhaps haven't included many ways as to how the JAs and SA could directly help with their server, most of it is just reminding CTs of what they should possibly do.
    However, when I was JA, one thing that worked really well was making a decent effort in encouraging creativity, one big thing that can spark this encouragement is leading by example. Now I didn't have a mic when I was JA, but I what I did was being a little bitch, spamming chat reminding people about creativity, not only that, I messaged regular players if they needed any help as to how they could CT better.

Wardens and CTs are the most important players on JB, we need to make sure that they're doing the best job possible!

I'll probably add some more possible changes real soon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Krezand For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 477
    shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12's Avatar
    Total Donations For

shadowsl4yer12     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot jones View Post
    y'all better recognize these suggestions, we want to make the server a better place for all those that play it and for those who will discover it.
    If you desire the solidarity that a community should have, then note that these are valid points.

Krez & pj bout to lay the smackdown on y'all niggas. Listen up y'heard me?!?

bah gawd hes hit him with the chair, i think he may have broken him in half!
    Stone cold! Stone cold!!!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shadowsl4yer12 For This Useful Post:

#UnbanCAPS2013
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow has a reputation beyond repute Mellow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Mellow     $ 0.00
    I miss Mellow

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 334

Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Angro     $ 10.00
    +1 respect for wall of text > and the fact it's all true.

Although i dont play at all anymore.
    My mindset for when i did as a ct was to put the t's against each other in minigames, make it challenging, and being able to do that ct's need to be ontop of things so that the t's cant prevent that from happening.
    Of course when the t's are like ♥♥♥ dis lets just group ♥♥♥♥ em it's inevitable but thats when you slaughter them and go back to minigames
    It's not just the importance in the ct's mindset it's the t's group playing that can break the server pop - if they (the majority) want to play ct's vs t's every round then it becomes very repetitive (Can also be caused by ct's lack of originality but also just out of troll mood of t's :P), and can even be demoralising for the ct's (most of the time).
    the note about maps is very true!
    Last edited by Angro; 13-03-14 at 11:52 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Angro For This Useful Post:

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    Most of you are forgetting that Jailbreak is roleplay. Just like in Gmod with DarkRP and HL2RP, if the roleplay is crap and not organised people will absolutely not come back. This shit is roleplay so people need to bloody roleplay when they are on CT.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bento For This Useful Post:

LeKrez James
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    Most of you are forgetting that Jailbreak is roleplay. Just like in Gmod with DarkRP and HL2RP, if the roleplay is crap and not organised people will absolutely not come back. This shit is roleplay so people need to bloody roleplay when they are on CT.
    You bring up a very valid point, B.

In regards to roleplay if any of u play darkrp
    If someone wants to be really unique with their personality, pretend that you really are a guard at a jail.
    Just like how in darkrp, pretend that you really are a policeman.
    This might sound really "gay" or "nerdy" but it really does invoke a positive vibe into the server if someone is willing to bring in a unique persona to the server. It makes people want to stay and want to play with this person. Not only that, it can lead to others being encouraged to do the same.

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    Some good points brought up there Krez. In particular this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Krezand View Post
    Some CTs definitely need an attitude change, this can be really hard to enforce but I do hope that a lot of people read this. Attitude plays a BIG part in whether the Ts are having fun or not.
    One of the last times I was on Jailbreak (I think 3-4 weeks ago before I had work come up) there was this CT, IIRC, who managed to tick me off so bad. I went into a wrong spot on the map and obviously he killed me for it, but he didn't have to be an actual dick about it. I remember him calling me something along the lines of 'dyslexic' just after I died. Now I know this is the internet and this is a game, but this just pissed me right off the radar. QQ almost instantly after he said this. We're all human here, some people seem to think that name calling and all is just a small thing on the internet, but it really pisses me off sometimes to make me qq. Also gives out bad vibes to be honest.

TD;LR: My point was if you are a warden, don't be a dick towards Ts.

Sorry for my venting-like writing (and swears), first thing that came to my mind.
    Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

Hide my tattoos in Shibuya
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 824

Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pilot Jones     $ 50.00
    Yo, on my old server, we had a good thing going.
    Bigger and more detailed maps do not equate that they are better for the T's, or more importantly, for the CTs.

In order to have a good game, there must be a balance of prisoner's flexibility to rebel and a guard's ability to contain the inmates.
    Consistency is so ♥♥♥♥ing important and less is more! There ain't a damn point of having a huge ass map with a nice lookin disco if niggas keep constantly rebelling, in comparison it is like polishing a piece of shit, y'all can admire it in spectate or on freedays but shit, there is no way for the CT's to use that.

Maps like Canyon Dam are damn good because while they're huge, it is easy to herd the T's to minigames and rendezvous points without worrying about them booking it. This also goes to say that we need maps that are CT friendly because how are both sides s'posed to enjoy the game if they keep dying?

This means lesser vents, lesser access to weaponry access in cells. It's cool to have hard maps in the rotation but if you wanna keep your number game poppin' then you want to keep the flow of people that actually guard up to be able to stick around.

I get crazy impatient at rebellers on certain maps because while there's a lot to do, there's no way of keeping an eye on 20+ people on the server (I'm lookin' at yo dumb ass vipinthemix) So it's imperative y'all have smaller and easier maps that are still fun to outweigh the large, difficult ones, otherwise you'll have this constant stream of choosing the same maps which results to people progressively getting bored because all of this shit becomes predictable.

#important
    Last edited by Pilot Jones; 14-03-14 at 12:16 AM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pilot Jones For This Useful Post:

LeKrez James
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by firtvid20 View Post
    Some good points brought up there Krez. In particular this one:

One of the last times I was on Jailbreak (I think 3-4 weeks ago before I had work come up) there was this CT, IIRC, who managed to tick me off so bad. I went into a wrong spot on the map and obviously he killed me for it, but he didn't have to be an actual dick about it. I remember him calling me something along the lines of 'dyslexic' just after I died. Now I know this is the internet and this is a game, but this just pissed me right off the radar. QQ almost instantly after he said this. We're all human here, some people seem to think that name calling and all is just a small thing on the internet, but it really pisses me off sometimes to make me qq. Also gives out bad vibes to be honest.

TD;LR: My point was if you are a warden, don't be a dick towards Ts.

Sorry for my venting-like writing (and swears), first thing that came to my mind.
    Thanks for the anecdote Ainslie as this proves my point even further.
    If one person thinks its okay to call someone as serious as something like having dyslexia with the sole intention of being a complete moron, definitely sends out a negative vibe as this event can make players think differently, if they think this character can get away with something like this (not implying anything about admins), they would probably think they'd get away with a lot, too.

If people were friendly (I guess if you're joking around with ur bffls it'll be alright lol) to others, particularly the CTs ,it will greatly benefit everyone on the server.

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Krezand View Post

Possible attitude change might be needed:

Some CTs definitely need an attitude change, this can be really hard to enforce but I do hope that a lot of people read this. Attitude plays a BIG part in whether the Ts are having fun or not.
    . For a lot of CTs, use your personality and attitude as an ADVANTAGE to populate the server, use it to make the server a great environment to be in. No one likes some dude sounding like an emo, showing absolutely no emotion or personality in his speaking. We all have emotions, personalities and the ability to talk, lets use it to our advantage.

Plan your rounds!!

I think wardens definitely need to think about some great/effective orders that will keep the Ts interested. The generic 1 step out is fine for a guncheck but definitely spicing things up wont hurt. If you're dead waiting for a new round, a good idea imo is zooming around the map, thinking about what you can play next, what orders you should give out next, that may sound nerdy as fk, but it can ensure that everyone can potentially have a fun round if you do a quick 2 minute plan.

I just wish that CTs and wardens will hopefully realise that at the end of the day, it will be them that will shape the server, their personalities and attitudes really do affect the server whether that may be a negative or a positive.

I agree with this.
    I don't play as much JB as I used to, and that's because I get super bored, super quick.
    the CT's are the ones doing the most talking, giving all the directions, and planning the whole "day".
    If the warden is monotone, slow to give orders, boring then I'm going to zzzzzzzzzzzzz right away and most likely leave.

I play JB for the people. When there's a great crowd on, even if the CTs are a little dud, it doesn't matter because the atmosphere is awesome and even if the rebels are high, and the successful rounds aren't happening each time its still fun cause the attitudes are great.
    So definitely agree, personalities & attitudes play a huge part of JB, like you said, it's role playing. Creativity is what makes role playing work.

Some CTs have the tendency to talk suuuuper fast and just shovealltheirordersouttherein.865secondsanddon'tta keabreathforthewholemap.

=/ Not fun.
    Should relax, talk to everyone and have some humour and shit in between the orders and stuff. Keep people entertained.

If there's at least one person that I know is awesome and will make the game fun I'll join.
    Just to whore the example of Pilot AKA coolsexguy420boner for a second, I joined JB last night and was more enthusiastic about it cause he was on, lol.

All the info you've put is all well and good though but at the end of the day you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make it drink, in the end its just whether or not people who jump on CT want to take measures to make things more fun etc, for it to happen.

Also, I didn't copy quote it but maps. Yes, maps could do with a makeover, the server empties out when some maps come on, no I don't have map names cause I'm hopeless when it comes to matching the map with the name for JB.
    I'm more like "Oh such and such map is the one with the helicopter", or "that map is the one with the tree in the pool area", lol.
    That's how I work out JB maps. #greatsystem

Everybody is hating on vipinthemix....but I like that map lol. I like rebelling on it.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Mulface is a name known to all Mulface is a name known to all Mulface is a name known to all Mulface is a name known to all Mulface is a name known to all Mulface is a name known to all Mulface's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Mulface     $ 0.00
    lol FG. That server is full of rebellers then once half the side is dead they do 1 shit minigame for 20 minutes and then change maps. Not my idea of fun. DTK JB is alot more controlled but since then feels alot slower but we get more then one minigame done per round which is better no?

I agree on the maps issue we need a huge overhaul, and not just putting on 20 new maps without checking them.

As for being creative and fun while ct. That could work but nowadays without the white list most ppl who go ct aren't at the level we had in the past so for them to control the round they have to be more alert compared to fun.

Personaly i only rebel when i dont like the ct(i know its petty but watever) or when we are about to do a boring game like spray game, whats for dinner and so on.
    But yeah i agree with some of the points. Hopefully we can all work on it.

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    I agree with almost everything you have said.

I have given the Freedom gamers server a go a few times before, and I personally cannot stand it lol. Too many free killing prebs imo.

Anyway, back on topic.

Maps

The Maps NEEEEED to change, they are boring as shit for the most part. The main people rebel so much is out of bored, and the reason the rebels are so successful is because they know the maps way too well.

The other option for this is to mix it up a bit and edit the maps ourselves to add more mini games and remove rebelling areas in maps like vipinthemix (and fix that impossibru bhop!) which can be undertaken by the dev team.

There are many maps on Gamebanana (I have even reviewed some from a mapping stance) that we can trial out and I am sure it wouldn't be hard to arrange a map testing session with some regular JB players and admins to see their worth.

CT/T fun

This can be a fickle subject. At one point of view CTs certainly have room to pick up their game and creativity skills, but when terrorists are constantly rebelling it can certainly dishearten people and cause them to become more strict, and therefore less fun.

The flip side to that is when a warden is being a Nazi, players will be more tempted to rebel (me included), but there are people who jump on the server to do nothing but rebel which throws yet another spanner into the works.

When there is a good atmosphere going though, creativity can sometimes let down a server when the map mini games are exhausted. I believe the best way to combat this would be to create a thread/tutorial for possible creative mini games on each map and some brain storming sessions for those more dedicated to create new ones.

An example of this is the jump game on black ops from the top of main cage, or the game where players turn their flash lights on and face the roof.

Also, instead of killing players for failing mini games, think of extravagant punishments like: you fell off the game, now you have to walk backwards for the rest of the day, or run this course backwards and if you fail then you die.

Attitude

This is absolutely a game changer. I work in sales and I find that when the calls are buzzing and the sales are flying through, the atmosphere in the office is amazing. Then there are days where no one makes a call or a sale, and its as though we were attending a funeral.

Giving a positive vibe, regardless of your team, is what encourages a player to come back to a server. You can do everything from changing map rotations, to giving money to people for joining the server, but its the attitude for will encourage them to keep coming back.

As Krez said, watching what successful wardens do can certainly make the server more enjoyable.

Planning the rounds

This is an absolute must. I am certainly an offender for not having a plan, especially on a spur of the moment CT switch. I think most have a general plan they follow when CTing but that can change on each map, and with variables like rebellers etc.

This really comes back to having a variety of games available, and using the existing mini games and changing the rules a bit to spice it up.

IE: On break floor in spy vs spy, we changed it to more of a roulette system. Players could stand on 1 position on the floor and could not move from there. The floors would continue to break and if you were unfortunate enough to be standing on a broken floor, you die. I find this really gets exciting on the final moments with the last contenders because there is a lot of chatter etc going on.

100% agree and I think a lot of this should be brought up in the next admin meeting so we can discuss potential changes and ways to fix it.

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulface View Post
    lol FG. That server is full of rebellers then once half the side is dead they do 1 shit minigame for 20 minutes and then change maps. Not my idea of fun. DTK JB is alot more controlled but since then feels alot slower but we get more then one minigame done per round which is better no?

I agree on the maps issue we need a huge overhaul, and not just putting on 20 new maps without checking them.

As for being creative and fun while ct. That could work but nowadays without the white list most ppl who go ct aren't at the level we had in the past so for them to control the round they have to be more alert compared to fun.

Personaly i only rebel when i dont like the ct(i know its petty but watever) or when we are about to do a boring game like spray game, whats for dinner and so on.
    But yeah i agree with some of the points. Hopefully we can all work on it.
    Also agree with the boring games, although I don't mind spray game.

There is a special place in hell for those who do the spot light game (the one were you shine your light on ppl you want to die in that dtk).

29. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

Ballon D'or Winner.
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 228
    ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB     $ 0.00
    Agree with the rand from FG, be creative guys. That's the motto, I use to post it all the time but people stopped listening so I went and became a zombie rand. But yeah I remember the days JB had a 40+ slot server that was normally always full, that's the reason I joined Dtk. Gotta really make sure JB performs because it brings in a lot of new members

Closed Thread

Thread Information