Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Possible addition of the M249 to Office.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    SiNz is on a distinguished road SiNz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

SiNz     $ 0.00

Possible addition of the M249 to Office.

Hey just wondering what peoples thoughts are on adding the M249. I always found the gun fun on office but I can see some issues arise since it's got a lot of bullets and we have enough Pro90s as is :P

I was thinking it could be implemented a couple of ways:
    - Similar to the awp machine, only 2 allowed.
    - Random spawn like the GG.

I'd like to have it in the menu but having 20+ players with M249s can become a nightmare..hilarious nightmare but also infuriating at times :P

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SiNz For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    Why not close this thread, make an official one and put a poll on it? For both of the guns. This isn't going anywhere fast.

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 169

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    but what i don't get is the gun wasn't there in the first place, so why having it with restrictions a problem? squall already mentioned 100 bullets causes problems with lag on the server. so to have it, it has to be restricted, therefore why such a big deal... if people dont like how "underpowered" and "unjustified" it is then they will use a different gun, if people choose to use it that is there choice.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 51.0%

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    but what i don't get is the gun wasn't there in the first place, so why having it with restrictions a problem? squall already mentioned 100 bullets causes problems with lag on the server. so to have it, it has to be restricted, therefore why such a big deal... if people dont like how "underpowered" and "unjustified" it is then they will use a different gun, if people choose to use it that is there choice.
    Do you have trouble taking in info?
    Cause you miss alot of it.

The para has been restricted to a limited amount of people using it.

Having a para or 2 a side with 100 bullets would not lag it out.
    Only if it was free to be used by the whole server there is the risk of lagging out.

Having the para limited to a certain amount of people already on top of 30 bullets maybe a bit far?
    Don't ya think?
    Along with its under damaged and long reloading ways.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RuStY For This Useful Post:

Global Admin
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Bruce     $ 0.00
    I have mentioned it before and will mention it again. It may be a game but us children who play it do not like to be told how to play. Piss off the box in the window, if you are going to bring guns in, enable their full potential. I am a little frustrated in the direction office is taking though i have no input it is a shame and i am seeing a big shift in player base.

Golden gun is another issue, why restrict it to 7 bullets. Office server seems to be filling up with a bunch of whingers.

LET PEOPLE HAVE FUN! You just might find it helps....

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    Yeah I gotta agree about the golden gun. At least make is 14 bullets. Otherwise its just not worth it. Like it's called the "Golden" Gun, its meant to be a badass mofo.

I played today with the box as both T and CT. Loved it on T, able to get right around on the rolled up garages and own CT's. As CT it seems now that it is a bit unfair, perhaps tweak again. I'm not a window camper though, so doesn't really bother me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Goose For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness has much to be proud of Pythoness's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pythoness     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    but what i don't get is the gun wasn't there in the first place, so why having it with restrictions a problem?
    I think this is an important point when considering both the para and the dak dak.

These guns were added to the server for more variety, but they were also taken away from the server in the first place because of the same reasons that are leading us to tweak the weapons now. Whether or not people are 'just whinging' about them now doesn't seem to be a fair argument, as this 'whinging' was part of the reason they were taken away in the first place. (and the same reason we have a restricted awp vending machine)

There are always going to be weapons that are more powerful than others, so I don't really think it matters which ones they are. The idea behind tweaking is to make sure the amount that they are more powerful isn't in the extreme.

I think the para is a great addition for spawn-camping situations, as if you are getting killed before you have a chance to reload anyway, 30 bullets is more than enough.

The dak dak at 5 shots makes it a great weapon for clearing out multiple campers quickly and then dodge back into cover. With the extra slowness of walking speed and the reload time, i think this makes it pretty well rounded, and about the same 'powerfulness' as the scout. I would like to try making it available as a normal menu item with this adjustment.

The player base we now have on office has changed because people come and go and because css is really getting quite old for a game. If we allow the server to stagnate and not involve player input, we would continue to lose players, and not see the resurgence in numbers that we have seen of late.

Pythy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    So whats the limit on the para at the moment?
    1 per side or 2 per side?

So would it really be a hassle if 2 - 4 para's running around had 100 bullets?
    It's extreme by editing the para to the condition it is in now.

There is 5 guns that are now extremely outweighing the para in every step.
    In my opinion shouldn't be editing weapons to fit a certain configuration because people don't like being murdered a certain way.
    There are many ways to kill some one.

Seems to be a problem with people learning, adapting and countering.
    Which is what the game is all about.

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    We had almost a full server tonight with 36 players at one point that lasted for around 40 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RuStY View Post
    The para has been restricted to a limited amount of people using it.
    That's just plain false information Rusty. At present and since the trial began an unlimited number of players can all have a 30 round para each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    LET PEOPLE HAVE FUN! You just might find it helps....
    Having both these weapons unrestricted in the first place is the reason why they were both initailly removed from the server.

The Dak Dak is restricted to 1 player per side.
    Even with these countermeasures we encountered problems and several complaints in-game with the SG550 having a full 30 round mag even though only 1 player per side was able two use it at a time.
    It's now limited to 5 rounds.

I didn't want the GG restricted at all, I just wanted it to have more spawn points instead of only the previous 4 that were all CT sided. It was mainly to prevent the same individual from being able to acquire it round after round, game after game. The GG now how 28 random spawns points.

As for the window ledge modification, players are still able to camp there and it has been working really well. It does not effect the ebb and flow of the game in favour of either team. This is actually really determined by the caliber of players on the winning side.

Global Admin
    Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce's Avatar
    Total Donations For

I find it amusing that your talking about the reason why we originally got rid of the dak dak and para and then mentioning the issues we had previously when they were on the server and why they were removed. :|

In the end it seems we go around in circles but some people have small minds and memories perhaps... ?

We shall see, but i know for a fact yes we may have 30 ppl on for 40mins but we used to "when a certain someone was in charge" have 30-40 for 4-5 hrs a day... :| Just saying..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightOps View Post
    We had almost a full server tonight with 36 players at one point that lasted for around 40 minutes.

That's just plain false information Rusty. At present and since the trial began an unlimited number of players can all have a 30 round para each.
    Having both these weapons unrestricted in the first place is the reason why they were both initailly removed from the server.

The Dak Dak is restricted to 1 player per side.
    Even with these countermeasures we encountered problems and several complaints in-game with the SG550 having a full 30 round mag even though only 1 player per side was able two use it at a time.
    It's now limited to 5 rounds.

I didn't want the GG restricted at all, I just wanted it to have more spawn points instead of only the previous 4 that were all CT sided. It was mainly to prevent the same individual from being able to acquire it round after round, game after game. The GG now how 28 random spawns points.

As for the window ledge modification, players are still able to camp there and it has been working really well. It does not effect the ebb and flow of the game in favour of either team. This is actually really determined by the caliber of players on the winning side.
    Ok. One mistake in my arguement.
    An assumption i made after i saw the dak dak.

Well why don't you give it the awp and dak dak treatment and have it limited so it's not so lousy as it is?

You can't even call it a para anymore. It's supposed to be a machine gun.
    High surpressive fire weapon. Round after round after round.

Server numbers fluctuating is not unatural either.

It's been packed at 1am - 2am on monday nights before out of no where.

Take a seat, relax.

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Declines in Server population, happened for several factors none of which has anything to do with recent changes to the server. There's been a steady decline in numbers since around the time we introduced Pinion adverts, and then the release of CS:GO. We have had a notable increase in server activity of late though, and it's been good to see.

Global Admin
    Total Donations For

Pinion was a pain, but also people with happy admin powers stuffs things up too..

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

people with happy admin powers stuffs things up too..
    For the sake of clarity can you elaborate as to who or what you're referring to?

JDM. Why you so pro?
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 229
    JDMHungLO has a spectacular aura about JDMHungLO has a spectacular aura about JDMHungLO has a spectacular aura about JDMHungLO's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] JDMHungLO     $ 0.00
    Beep Bop Beep Bop

Blah blah blah..

Yeah I'm bored as ♥♥♥♥ and just reading these forms about the amount of rant going on about this shit.

~ JDM. Why you so pro?

DtK Server #3 Counter-Strike Source Office DM

DTK Server #12 Counter-Strike Global Offensive Deathmatch

~ Vertex :: ~

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 161

2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles's Avatar
    Total Donations For

2minutenoobles     $ 55.00
    I think it's important to stress that the Office Admins didn't lobby for the introduction of these 'new' weapons into Office - that came from above. We're trying to deal with their presence on the server as much the average player.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2minutenoobles For This Useful Post:

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 497

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00
    I find it amusing that your talking about the reason why we originally got rid of the dak dak and para and then mentioning the issues we had previously when they were on the server and why they were removed. :|

In the end it seems we go around in circles but some people have small minds and memories perhaps... ?

We shall see, but i know for a fact yes we may have 30 ppl on for 40mins but we used to "when a certain someone was in charge" have 30-40 for 4-5 hrs a day... :| Just saying..
    But when you were in charge there were no patas or dak daks to deal with
    Everybody loves Squat, You will too

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 497

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00

But when you were in charge there were no patas or dak daks to deal with

Tunnel Defender
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stan182     $ 0.00

I remember these days
    even before i became a dtk member it was packed and popularity was more than dust2..
    plus this was when all the original regs used to always come on as well,until they all suddenly got sick of the direction it was going and left 1 by 1..

26. The Following User Says Thank You to stan182 For This Useful Post:

Tunnel Defender
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stan182     $ 0.00
    I say give para it's full potential,but limited to 1-2 players each team and remove the dak dak completely.
    No point adding para if it's 30 bullets, as you say players decide whether or not they pick it or not, but pointless if it's 30.. 50-70 bullets at least

Casual Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 222

Linkage has a spectacular aura about Linkage has a spectacular aura about Linkage's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Linkage     $ 30.00
    Yeah i don't think it would be good office being small and all, i play the dust2 DM server and we always have about 5 or so terrorists sitting at long doors just spamming the whole map then ct's would do the same so no one bothers going there and ppl start raging and i hear a fair few complaints about it, ones such as stated b4 learn to counter it, it's part of the game ect tho giving it the smaller clip and making it only avail in a machine could be good

Closed Thread

Thread Information