Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Possible addition of the M249 to Office.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    SiNz is on a distinguished road SiNz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

SiNz     $ 0.00

Possible addition of the M249 to Office.

Hey just wondering what peoples thoughts are on adding the M249. I always found the gun fun on office but I can see some issues arise since it's got a lot of bullets and we have enough Pro90s as is :P

I was thinking it could be implemented a couple of ways:
    - Similar to the awp machine, only 2 allowed.
    - Random spawn like the GG.

I'd like to have it in the menu but having 20+ players with M249s can become a nightmare..hilarious nightmare but also infuriating at times :P

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SiNz For This Useful Post:

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 94

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    so i found a problem with the weapon restriction... i cant get a primary if someone else has the dak dak and i pick that

JDM. Why you so pro?
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 229
    JDMHungLO has a spectacular aura about JDMHungLO has a spectacular aura about JDMHungLO has a spectacular aura about JDMHungLO's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] JDMHungLO     $ 0.00
    So... if m249 is a gogo, can we have dakdak too? Just wanna ruin the server yaknow?

~ proSANN <3

~ JDM. Why you so pro?

DtK Server #3 Counter-Strike Source Office DM

DTK Server #12 Counter-Strike Global Offensive Deathmatch

~ Vertex :: ~

The Real Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by JDMHungLO View Post
    So... if m249 is a gogo, can we have dakdak too? Just wanna ruin the server yaknow?

~ proSANN <3
    the dak dak is on

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 51.0%

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightOps View Post
    Raising the ammo limit of the Para even to 50 rounds seems like a rather tenuously slippery slope from where I'm standing, if we are remaining mindful and respecting those players who've already voiced concerns about having it reinstated in the first place.

I think Walkers suggestion of 50 rounds could work, in theory it does seem sound enough (and I'd be willing to give it a trial) though I suspect this would be right on the cusp of what the majority of players are willing to accept or tolerate and of course it also increases the likelihood of causing problems exponentially either via complaints similar to the ones already received for the P90, and as the M249 also becomes more appealing more players will choose to use it all at the same time which has the potential to cause players to experience issues with dropped frames.

How many rounds are you suggesting we increase the M249 to Rusty, 100 rounds?
    Because if you agree with Complexity that's exactly what he/she suggested.

At present there are no restrictions on how many players are able to select and use the Para at any given time unlike the Awp, GG , or newly added dak dak. So unless we limit it's usage the potential is there for an unlimited number of players to each have a para with 100 rounds.
    This imo would ultimately be detrimental to Office DM and see more complaints arise than the P90 ever has.

Some alternatives are to have only 1 para which randomly respawns, or a vending machine scenario.
    We are open to more ideas on how best to implement these new additions whilst taking all the aforementioned gameplay and server dynamic factors into consideration.

If anybody is actually serious about increasing the ammo limit of the M249 to 100 rounds on Office DM they will need to address the following question and provide us with a comprehensive and prudential solution...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TL;DR

How do we increase the para to 100 rounds without having a repeat of the same scenarios that saw it's exclusion and removal from the server in the first place, and without upsetting the vast majority of Office DM players?

At the moment it is nerfed to 30 rounds but I still find it fun, players are using it and it is still an effective weapon as represented here: Para Kill Stats
    Blah blah blah invisigoth covered it and i said something about the para balancing issue few pages back to.

Quote Originally Posted by RuStY View Post
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!! IT'S BACK IN THE LIST!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

But i agree with complexity. It kinda kills it's point as a high suppressive fire weapon if you take down its clip size.
    Maybe restrict it like awp. Stick 2 in a vending machine somewhere or something.

It's a machine gun come on. Where is all the bullet belts going all rambo and terminator XD?

EDIT: OR put it in the selection list. But only have a set amount of people who can pick it. For example 4 players select para. Everyone else will have to wait till they die. And if they have it on remember weapons tough. Wait till they leave or are finished with it.

EDIT2: AND if your worried about one side whoring para. MAYBE limit the number of paras to each side if its that much of an issue. Gosh.

EDIT3: just found out the dak daks are set like that.

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 352

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    I'm changing my position on the M249 after giving it more extensive playtime, leaving it at 30 rounds is fine. The reload time is the price you should pay for the sheer brute force stopping power it has and more importantly bullet penetration when firing at players who are are funneling through a choke point such as T spawn leading to gary. It wasn't difficult at all to figure out how to work around the reload time whilst switching to my secondary and falling back to cover as I waited to complete a reload. Multi-kills are easy to achieve even with 30 rounds. If you cant get at least 1 kill with those 30 rounds than another 70 probably aren't gonna help you much anyway.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Loki will become famous soon enough Loki will become famous soon enough Loki's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Loki     $ 10.00
    The para's fine. I don't see the # of bullets being a problem. As long as you restriction the # of paras available on each team, let it have 100 bullets. meh.

The dak dak imo is too imba esp when in the hands of the CTs.

If you were so worried about window camping and made so much effort to stamp it out then why would you intro the dak dak?

When the CTs have it and camp at spawn, its even worse for the Ts to get out of spawn properly.

I would rather you take out dak dak and leave the window without the new ledge as it was.

Take a seat, relax.

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

We're going to limit the number of rounds the dak dak currently has to somewhere between 3-5 rounds and see how that plays out

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    pfftt. Get rid of the guns then. No point using them if they cannot be used to their full potential.
    If i was to carry weapons into battle i would not reduce my ak clips to 15 bullets O.o.

Any way the ak does more damage on a head shot then the para ever will.
    Ak does more damage in any area.

30 bullets is pathetic. It really is. Sorry to be so blunt but that's how it is.

The para ain't even close to being the slaughter house weapon everyone thinks it is.
    Weapon stats here: http://www.schuzak.jp/cs-s/dmgchart.html
    Last edited by RuStY; 09-03-14 at 07:18 PM.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 392
    JetNZ has a spectacular aura about JetNZ has a spectacular aura about JetNZ's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] JetNZ     $ 0.00
    The dak dak being available for selection is the only decision that's noticeably changed the style of play for the worse in the last few months.

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

pfftt. Get rid of the guns then. No point using them if they cannot be used to their full potential.
    30 bullets is pathetic. It really is. Sorry to be so blunt but that's how it is.
    It seems kinda selfish to say get rid of them entirely so nobody at all can use them because you personally dont like them being limited.

You're not being forced to use it, it's simply an extra weapon option for all players to be able to select and use.

The Para is limited to only 30 rounds for several highly prudent reasons.
    I more often than not get at least 2-5 kills with those 30 rounds, wait to reload and do it again.
    It wasn't hard to figure out how to achieve these sorts of results once I took the time to adjust to the 30 round limit.

Tunnel Defender
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182 has much to be proud of stan182's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] stan182     $ 0.00
    really do not see the point of the dak daks being added in regardless of what clip size.
    as someone said above,why add dak dak when people were complaining so much about window camping,then you guys did the invisible box trial to prevent camping,
    reducing it to 3-5 clips,what is even the point adding the gun in then?
    we already HAVE a server specially for sniping,a map which has PLENTY of space for it..yes,our dust2 server...office isn't a place for these guns..could care much about the para atm because it's not so much an issue.

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

The SG550 on Office DM still has a full 30 round mag atm, We'll be limiting the clip size to 5 rounds in the near future and possible modifying how players are able to interact with it further. We will trial these additional changes first to see how they play out.

I cant foresee the Dak Dak staying on the server if the majority of players don't wish for it to be there...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 357

cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] cryptic.conviction     $ 70.00
    i know i have spent my fair share of time either scout or awp camping and people have gotten frustrated with me but i don't do it every time i play... every time i have played recently there has been a dakdak camper on either T or CT and that really gets old quick if your on the other side of it... the 5 clip limit will do wonders here i rekon... i guess what im saying is, i get much more frustrated when playing with someone dakdak camping than i do p90 sprayandprayers..

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 497

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00
    Have put the ticket for squallie and the team to do the modifications to the Dak dak , It might take a while as some of the things we have asked for might not be off the shelf adjustments. So please put up with the Dak dak problem for now and hopefully improvements will be forthcoming.
    Everybody loves Squat, You will too

19. The Following User Says Thank You to squat For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightOps View Post
    It seems kinda selfish to say get rid of them entirely so nobody at all can use them because you personally dont like them being limited.

You're not being forced to use it, it's simply an extra weapon option for all players to be able to select and use.

The Para is limited to only 30 rounds for several highly prudent reasons.
    I more often than not get at least 2-5 kills with those 30 rounds, wait to reload and do it again.
    It wasn't hard to figure out how to achieve these sorts of results once I took the time to adjust to the 30 round limit.
    Take your higher moral sense and shove it up your ass knight ops!
    Thats kinda bs since reducing the weapons potential because people don't like being killed is self fish to those who favour those guns.

I have posted my point and opinion. The stats are there. The para is useless. It is. Your better of restricting the ak at this point since the para doesn't match the ak in damage or reload time and therefore there is no real advantage in using it at all. None. Zip. Zero.

So what you have used it for a few kills. So I'm supposed to like it because you killed 815 peeps.
    And im being forced to use it on 30 bullets?

I still don't see it justified. Only people are afraid of some one being really able to lay down the para like a crazy mofo.
    I would use the para more if it had 100 bullets.

In future stick to the point and don't attack my morals. I dislike it.
    Thoroughly examine where i am coming from before calling me selfish like peeps before you.
    Last edited by RuStY; 11-03-14 at 09:55 PM.

The Real Shadow

Total Donations For

Take your higher moral sense and shove it up your ass knight ops!
    Thats kinda bs since reducing the weapons potential because people don't like being killed is self fish to those who favour those guns.

I have posted my point and opinion. The stats are there. The para is useless. It is. Your better of restricting the ak at this point since the para doesn't match the ak in damage or reload time and therefore there is no real advantage in using it at all. None. Zip. Zero.

So what you have used it for a few kills. So I'm supposed to like it because you killed 815 peeps.
    And im being forced to use it on 30 bullets?

I still don't see it justified. Only people are afraid of some one being really able to lay down the para like a crazy mofo.
    I would use the para more if it had 100 bullets.

In future stick to the point and don't attack my morals. I dislike it.
    Thoroughly examine where i am coming from before calling me selfish like peeps before you.

Why does it matter if the gun is restricted if you won't use it?

Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Why does it matter if the gun is restricted if you won't use it?
    Where did I say I won't use it?

The Real Shadow

Total Donations For

Where did I say I won't use it?
    "The para is useless" "I still don't see it justified."

"pfftt. Get rid of the guns then. No point using them if they cannot be used to their full potential.
    If i was to carry weapons into battle i would not reduce my ak clips to 15 bullets O.o.

Any way the ak does more damage on a head shot then the para ever will.
    Ak does more damage in any area.

The para ain't even close to being the slaughter house weapon everyone thinks it is."

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Rusty mate take it easy.

The server doesn't revolve around you or what you personally may or may not like or want.
    That's all it is. You should be more than aware that it's a majority rule thing.
    If you don't want to use it then so be it, you don't have to.
    Why would you want to deprive everyone else of the privilege though?
    That not only seems selfish it actually is.

Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Ok lets get down to buisness then.

I am selfish because i wanted campers to camp.
    I am selfish because i want people to go around slaughtering people with guns as they were intended to be used.
    I am selfish because i don't place restrictions on people?

I'd like to see this proof of majority rule. So far i seen very few opinions from players in office.
    Don't tell me i live in my own world because you think im drug ♥♥♥♥ed or some bs like that.

What am i depriving?
    I am trying to allow all weapons to function as they should.

And shadow i still don't see where i said i wouldn't use it.
    Stated my problem with it. Obviously.

Here is the stats.

Para damage on people with no armour:

Head chest & arm stomach leg
    127 31 39 23

Para damage on people with armour:

95 23 29 23

Ak damage on people with no armour:

143 35 44 26

Ak damage on people with armour:

111 27 34 26

M4 damage on people with no armour:

131 32 41 24

M4 damage on people with armour:

92 23 28 24

sig552 damage on people with no armour:

131 32 41 24

sig552 damage on people with armour:

91 22 28 24

dual beretta damage on people with no armour:

177 44 55 32

dual beretta damage on people with armour:

93 23 29 32

It's unbalanced para.
    Last edited by RuStY; 11-03-14 at 11:13 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to RuStY For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information