Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Objectives in Office DM.

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 588
    Overall activity: 100.0%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 360.00

Objectives in Office DM.

Gday again everyone. I was just wondering if it would be a good idea or possible to remove the hosties from Office DM. It seems to me that it's just a way of slowing down a seemless game. DM isnt about rescuing hosties. It's about kills. Maybe it's just me but you removed anti camp (good move btw, i love whingeing about and then killing campers)(Oh and i love camping against the guys who smash me also. :P) and i reckon removing the irrelevant objectives would improve the map a whole lot more.
    Just my 2 bobs worth. Now ill sit here cringing as everyone says how noob i am

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 51.0%

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post
    By killing the CTs, not the hostages. Duh.

It's Terrorists V Counter Terrorists.

Not Terrorists V Hostages.
    I'm pretty sure It's Terrorists V Counter Terrorists and rescue or prevent rescue at any costs necessary.

If someone is rescuing hostages i'm going to shoot them and the hostages.
    If they runnen away. I make sure cts don't get their objective done and i get kicked for it. And it is annoying losing 15 points per hosty for simply performing said duties.
    And cts? get a point or 2 for failing to rescue them when they get killed?

It's not always as simple as just stopping the cts. It's a game where crazy shit happens all the time and sometimes drastic measures need to be made in order to win.

And certain "restrictions" or "rules" or what ever you want to call it can ruin your playtime especially when you are on one hundred and something kills and get kicked.
    Resulting in your win taken away from you.

Simply because you are just playing counter strike.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RuStY For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by RuStY View Post
    If someone is rescuing hostages i'm going to shoot them and the hostages.
    If they runnen away. I make sure cts don't get their objective done and i get kicked for it. And it is annoying losing 15 points per hosty for simply performing said duties.
    And cts? get a point or 2 for failing to rescue them when they get killed?
    You don't neeeeeeeeeeed to shoot the hosties though, lol. If you shoot the CTs, then you've prevented them from rescuing them cause they have to get all the way back to the hosties again before they can move ahead.
    CTs' get points because their opportunity to get the big points from actually rescuing the hosties was taken from them by the Ts.
    If it's annoying losing the points, then stop shooting them, lol.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 0%

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00
    ^^^you have like 700 wins if you loose one so what harden up and learn to aim then one day you might actually get good at the game.
    Where is my pizza
    Everybody loves Squat, You will too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to squat For This Useful Post:

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    You don't neeeeeeeeeeed to shoot the hosties though, lol. If you shoot the CTs, then you've prevented them from rescuing them cause they have to get all the way back to the hosties again before they can move ahead.
    CTs' get points because their opportunity to get the big points from actually rescuing the hosties was taken from them by the Ts.
    Um no. Again sometimes drastic measures need to be taken in order to win.
    It's a battlefield in there. It's easier said than done. Sure you can say just don't shoot them. No it doesn't work like that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by squat View Post
    ^^^you have like 700 wins if you loose one so what harden up and learn to aim then one day you might actually get good at the game.
    Where is my pizza
    Well walker has hardly any.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RuStY For This Useful Post:

deaf dumb and blind kid

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

No you don't neeeeeeeeeed to shoot hosties but if you don't they will never learn to stay put, If you let them just walk out where is the lesson in that? if I could I would shoot the hosties who are trying to escape and then go around to their house and shoot their chickens to set an example for the rest.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to squat For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Um no. Again sometimes drastic measures need to be taken in order to win.
    It's a battlefield in there. It's easier said than done. Sure you can say just don't shoot them. No it doesn't work like that all the time.
    Lol, you don't need to tell me what Office is like, I'm well aware.
    This is the first time you've complained about this to this extent. If it bothers you as badly as you make seem, howcome you've never brought it up before? Just curious.

Iunno, I really don't see the huge ordeal with hosties, I hardly hear anybody else complain about them either. Usually they are left alone.

Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Lol, you don't need to tell me what Office is like, I'm well aware.
    This is the first time you've complained about this to this extent. If it bothers you as badly as you make seem, howcome you've never brought it up before? Just curious.

Iunno, I really don't see the huge ordeal with hosties, I hardly hear anybody else complain about them either. Usually they are left alone.
    Sorry to burst ya bubble here but i mentioned it back when bruce was SA before you even joined office or dtk.

Mother Figure of DtK.

Total Donations For

Sorry to burst ya bubble here but i mentioned it back when bruce was SA before you even joined office or dtk.
    What bubble, lol.

Also, mentioning it is a little different from this.

All I'm saying is it's not the be all and end all really. It's easy to avoid. -shrugs-

EDIT: Maybe a reduction in points lost could be modded or something? Kind of like a happy medium.
    Last edited by Cuffeh; 11-01-14 at 03:26 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    What bubble, lol.
    EDIT: Maybe a reduction in points lost could be modded or something? Kind of like a happy medium.
    That is agreeable or even leave the points as they are. It's more getting kicked after killing them that gets me.

Delta4[G]od
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 198

Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta has a reputation beyond repute Delta's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Delta     $ 505.00
    Give them all 1hp for the lols.

Button hax.
    8:12 PM - button εϊз: Delta, you make me moist. <3
    King LeKrez James : im stayin away from u

Mother Figure of DtK.

Total Donations For

That is agreeable or even leave the points as they are. It's more getting kicked after killing them that gets me.

Yeah but some people just stand in T spawn and kill them on purpose. That's what the kick is good for.

Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Give them all 1hp for the lols.
    Delta for 1hp across all servers.

Yeah but some people just stand in T spawn and kill them on purpose. That's what the kick is good for.
    Well then terrorist has performed it's duties well.

deaf dumb and blind kid

Total Donations For

Sometimes hosties give out some lip and an example must be made

20. The Following User Says Thank You to squat For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 455

Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Knitting     $ 283.46
    Nah it's fun.....
    Best times in counterstrike are when the hosties are in play and combat is close.
    There is no better feeling than to get a ct to kill the hostages.
    It's freaking awesome....even better than knifing The STIG...
    If I wanted to play a straight up bloodfest then SMDM is better.
    Even dust.
    The stuff that gets complained most is what makes the server awesome.
    The camping bastards who Awp through the windows.
    The filing cabinets (remember someone made a post about the removal of them)
    And the hosties to use as meat shields
    It makes office awesome.. I just love SMDM better I don't have aim.
    [SIGPIC]IMG]http://www.dying2kill.com.au/signaturepics/sigpic418_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Knitting View Post
    Nah it's fun.....
    Best times in counterstrike are when the hosties are in play and combat is close.
    There is no better feeling than to get a ct to kill the hostages.
    It's freaking awesome....even better than knifing The STIG...
    If I wanted to play a straight up bloodfest then SMDM is better.
    Even dust.
    The stuff that gets complained most is what makes the server awesome.
    The camping bastards who Awp through the windows.
    The filing cabinets (remember someone made a post about the removal of them)
    And the hosties to use as meat shields
    It makes office awesome.. I just love SMDM better I don't have aim.
    Yeah getting kicked is my favourite part as well.

Fellowship of the Ducks

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    How about no kick, but any dmg you do to the hosties, you lose an equal amount from your hp.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 455

Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Knitting     $ 283.46
    Yeah getting kicked is my favourite part as well.
    Getting kicked is the price when you can't pull it off.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 161

2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles is a splendid one to behold 2minutenoobles's Avatar
    Total Donations For

2minutenoobles     $ 55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Knitting View Post
    Getting kicked is the price when you can't pull it off.
    Believe me, Rusty pulls it off. Quite regularly. And often in public.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2minutenoobles For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutenoobles View Post
    Believe me, Rusty pulls it off. Quite regularly. And often in public.
    Everyday. EVERYDAY.

I like your red moustache noobles. It's smashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    How about no kick, but any dmg you do to the hosties, you lose an equal amount from your hp.

hmmmm. Smashing.
    Last edited by RuStY; 14-01-14 at 03:06 AM.

Senior Administrator
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 588
    Overall activity: 100.0%

WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh has a reputation beyond repute WalkerBoh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] WalkerBoh     $ 360.00
    I came running through the Garage to the rear yard and lobbed my nade through the window and it exploded them. I didnt realise they were there, someone else must have been rescuing them.
    I dont think i had killed any other hosties, unless a similar thing happened ear;lier and i just forgot, or didnt realise. But it's all good. I just thought the goal of DM was to get the most kills. I mean it ends when someone hits 110 kills not after they rescue the hostages 50 times or something.
    All i mean is that on a DM server i figure people ruin a free flowing game by rescuing them. Normal servers is fine. Ive not yet seen the T's plant a bomb on the dust DM server however, and i was merely asking if office dm could not go down the same path.
    But i still love office and i usually just buy a p90 and camp in the terrorist spawn to prevent the rescuers when they come as there are a couple of guys who seem to just rescue hosties. Its all fun. Was just a thought that escaped my brain via my fingertips.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to WalkerBoh For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information