• Dont camp so dont care

7 19.44%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anti camp

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 0%

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00

Anti camp

What do you lovely people think of the new anticamp thingy on the server
    Everybody loves Squat, You will too

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    I dislike it.

I don't think it's something that belongs on a server such as Office. It already has had negative reactions from several players, and I think it could possibly simply drive people away. People will always camp, there's nothing anybody can do to totally rule out camping.

The people that like to camp don't want to be shown with coloured rings around them, people already know they are camping, lol.

IMO I think this should have been posted before it was actually added to the server, but hey.

Campers will be campers, every server gets them. it's just part and parcel, and tbh with a little practise & aim, they are easily overcome as has been talked about in the past. ^_^

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

deaf dumb and blind kid

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post
    I dislike it.

I don't think it's something that belongs on a server such as Office. It already has had negative reactions from several players, and I think it could possibly simply drive people away. People will always camp, there's nothing anybody can do to totally rule out camping.

The people that like to camp don't want to be shown with coloured rings around them, people already know they are camping, lol.

IMO I think this should have been posted before it was actually added to the server, but hey.

Campers will be campers, every server gets them. it's just part and parcel, and tbh with a little practise & aim, they are easily overcome as has been talked about in the past. ^_^
    Hence the poll

Mother Figure of DtK.

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by squat View Post
    Hence the poll

I'm not really sure how well that will work when 3/4 of Office aren't regular forum users.

The ones that aren't even signed up as reg users may hate the beacon but won't be voting as they don't visit the forum etc.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 244

Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Gyarados     $ 60.00
    Although I havn't played office at all its pretty obvious it should be a slap (and location named in chat). Beacons are just way too overpowered.

Banned
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 175

Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r has a reputation beyond repute Terminat0r's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Terminat0r     $ 10.00
    i like it, it doesnt really make a difference to me but i like it. just something ot be left there on the server

Work 4 Government
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 13.0%

HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] HawK     $ 30.00
    I dislike the anti-camp. Office is THEE map to camp on. As T, you have to hold off the evading CTs, or advance out to take control. Anti-camp should be on maps where both teams are capable of camping on and make the rounds boring, such as de_dust (1) for example.
    I haven't played dtk office is ages, but things could of changed since I last played. Just my opinion that anticamp shouldn't be on this server.
    *Donates $10*
    11:25 AM <[DtK] [C] Squall>
    Thanks Hawk, i got enough for MW3 and BF3 now
    8:33 PM - morpheus: not only we have to put up with shitters
    8:33 PM - morpheus: we have to do chors

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HawK For This Useful Post:

Zombie Guru
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Justyce333251     $ 0.00
    I dont play office, but my view is that camping is a feature of the game, something you can do. Punishing people for sitting in a corner is just silly to me. Its like just removing the P90 because people dont like rushers
    it's a different playstyle that some do and some dont

but whatever i dont evne play office

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justyce333251 For This Useful Post:

AGENIRO
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 93

AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero is just really nice AgentZero's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] AgentZero     $ 25.00
    Should start a anti camp-aign

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AgentZero For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 498
    xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra. has a reputation beyond repute xtra.'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] xtra.     $ 0.00

Anti camp

Quote Originally Posted by Justyce333251 View Post
    I dont play office, but my view is that camping is a feature of the game, something you can do. Punishing people for sitting in a corner is just silly to me. Its like just removing the P90 because people dont like rushers
    it's a different playstyle that some do and some dont

but whatever i dont evne play office
    way to finish off a great and pointless opinion!

it's nothing like removing a certain weapon (in this case p90) for being overpowered and because people rush with it, because it is absolutely inevitable that anyone using the p90 no matter the skill level will have the edge.

camping however, is not going to give you that automatic edge just because you decide to camp, in some cases it will actually make you worse

in saying that, i dot have a problem with it, but the beacon is overpowered, just slap them

Zombie Guru
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251 has much to be proud of Justyce333251's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Justyce333251     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by xtra. View Post
    way to finish off a great and pointless opinion!

it's nothing like removing a certain weapon (in this case p90) for being overpowered and because people rush with it, because it is absolutely inevitable that anyone using the p90 no matter the skill level will have the edge.

camping however, is not going to give you that automatic edge just because you decide to camp, in some cases it will actually make you worse

in saying that, i dot have a problem with it, but the beacon is overpowered, just slap them
    he asked for our opinions, qq more because i gave mine

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    Camping is a tactic where a player obtains a static strategic position of advantage, often providing a clear field of view over a choke point or position of tactical interest whilst retaining cover for the camper. This tactic allows one player to easily pick off any opponent that comes into sight without giving them any indicator of his/her presence in the area. It differs from holding a strategic position by its requisite static nature and intensive cover.

It often proves frustrating, particularly to newer players, as it rewards those who invest a considerable amount of time in the game (which allows them to know the layout of the maps and the best defensive positions); as well as those with accurate aim. Among many players, camping is considered tantamount to cheating, especially in deathmatch-type games. The most common reason for this is that if every player camps, there will be no opportunities for players to come into conflict, and thus there will be no game at all.

In most deathmatch-type games that have both a time limit and a kill limit, camping can be used to take advantage of the time limit rather than the kill limit. Capture the flag and its variants provide an incentive to invade enemy territory, regardless of the risk, since scoring flags is more important than scoring by killing the opposing team's players; conversely, this mode also encourages players to camp their own vulnerable flag to defend against the anticipated stream of attackers. However, even in such games, some players may choose to camp to give covering fire for other team members attempting to grab the flag and run back with it.

-Taken from Wikipedia

My opinion;

It's a common strategy in a lot of games, mainly FPS games. It's often used to tactically locking an area of the map down, most likely an objective. In deathmatch's case, the "objective" is kills, so they will camp choke points mainly were combat is going to happen.

It is hated on as it's an 'easy' way to win, however can be easily countered with some nice shots or attacking from behind.

People SHOULDN'T be punished for playing the game HOW THEY WANT TO. It's like punishing people for using Ak's, Pistols, AWP's..? Or rushing with P90's etc.. Or even playing the game? It's apart of the game. If you can't deal with it then why are you playing such a game?
    Last edited by Complex1ty; 20-12-13 at 03:01 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 352

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    Err...
    Anti-camp on Office DM has been poorly and hastily implemented on the server. It probably should have initially been brought to attention here on the forums first so it could have been discussed and reviewed and not so brashly trialed by fire.

At present the current Anti-camp settings for the most part penalise players who are afk, adjusting their console settings, trying to knife or typing in private steam chat.

The current anti camp trigger settings are also clumsily easy to circumvent.

Stay within "x parameter" for 30 seconds and player location along with their current selected weapon will be displayed in chat,
    player is also beaconed until leaving the "x parameter" area.

30 seconds is a long time when you have a 4 minute round. Just saying...

Camping in Counter Strike is actually a legitimate and valid gaming strategy that can also be countered with varying degrees of difficultly and depending on your level of actual skill by employing a wide range of tactics and weapons.

Why bother with trying to hinder office players who choose to camp which is purely a style of play and not an actual exploit of the game like crouch spamming or Bhopping which go unquestioned.

Ultimately I think that Anti-camp on Office DM detracts from rather than enhances enjoyable game-play on the server.

Mostly because it doesn't actually stop campers and partly because I was beconed whilst "camping" trying to listen for footsteps with my knife.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knight_Ops. For This Useful Post:

deaf dumb and blind kid

Total Donations For

^^Mostly valid points, However camping is as you say valid and legal as is crouching and bhoping so how can you be against two forms forms of annoying play and not the other.
    Just saying

Take a seat, relax.
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 352

Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops. has a reputation beyond repute Knight_Ops.'s Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Knight_Ops.     $ 70.00
    Quote Originally Posted by squat View Post
    camping is as you say valid and legal as is crouching and bhoping so how can you be against two forms forms of annoying play and not the other.
    Just saying
    I find this statement/rhetorical question to be somewhat perplexing and even invalid.

Camping isn't a manipulation or exploitation of the game as previously stated though Crouch Spamming and Bunny Hopping most definitely are.

I'm not against Bhoppers or crouch spammers, they both look equally ridiculous trying anything they can not to die and end up dead anyway.

I actually like seeing Bunny Hoppers bouncing around like Tigre although I'm too nub to be able to do it myself they still make me smile,...Not so much crouch spammers though.

On Topic:

I'm not splitting semantics here, camping is a type of play style where as crouch spamming and bunny hopping whilst perhaps in the eye of the beholder may be a type of play style in all honesty they really are exploits.

A side note about camping on office, which is obviously something the developers at Valve anticipated is the framed picture in T spawn.

camp1.jpg

Mother Figure of DtK.

Total Donations For

Agreeing with Complex and KO.
    It is a part of office like I mentioned. It doesnt make it impossible for the other team to win, the campers never have fantastic scores, we have nades for the window campers.
    Like...... Seriously. Two people throwing nades at window = campers dead.

A slap would be worse. People will simply go to another server.

Office players shouldn't be punished for a certain play style.

It's also a well known fact that our playerbase of Office does not do well to change.

I'd really hate to see Office lose more numbers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cuffeh; 20-12-13 at 07:18 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    invisigoth will become famous soon enough invisigoth will become famous soon enough invisigoth's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] invisigoth     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post
    I dislike it.

Campers will be campers, every server gets them. it's just part and parcel, and tbh with a little practise & aim, they are easily overcome...
    This, this, and fuxx0ring this. Window camping in Office notwithstanding, if you're sitting still in CS, you're actually at a disadvantage moar often than not. Why is the server making a deal of this when the GG, spawn rape (or both) are just fine and dandy?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to invisigoth For This Useful Post:

deaf dumb and blind kid

Total Donations For

This is the best discussion we have had on this forum for ages, Even Knight Ops has dusted off his thesaurus and joined in. In one ear I have complaints about campers ruining the game and when something gets done about it (or at least attempted) the other ear gets filled with complaints about anticamp, I guess Abraham Lincoln was right you can't please all the people all the time.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 51.0%

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Damn you and your incongrueties!! Beacon sucks arse and balls.
    Sorry to be blunt but it is not needed.

Your anti camp is right here. ME.

Your all dead when i see every one of you next in office.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuStY For This Useful Post:

Global Admin
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Bruce     $ 0.00
    Squat its ok, your wife told me you can not please her but she still loves you.... She has never complained about what I have given her. Maybe pleasing is not for everyone..

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information