Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: T sided Maps .

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 0%

Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Atariowns     $ 10.00

T sided Maps .

Hey everyone ! How are we going ?

I am not sure if anyone else noticed ! But There is 2 many T-sided maps on Jb . ! Listing a few are Lego , lockdown , minecraft maps , summer and Winter and theres heaps more ! . I have got nothing wrong with a challenge and as a jber who likes going ct and wardens I feel like something needs 2 be done because I feel and have seen this happen and I believe that Jb is crumbling because of to many T-sided maps .

here why !
    1. Ever noticed why u never see people fighting 2 get on ct anymore ? well its simple really ... There are just 2 many t-sided maps and people are scared to join Ct Because they might face embarrassment , ridicule and just annoyance .

2. Because People are scared to join Ct it leaves the ratio at around 1/5 ( not always but most of the time ) , like for example there may be 3 ct to 14 t's and with this many t's its just to difficult .

3. Because there are not enough Ct's or maybe its just a impossible map . Most of the round is spent Gun checking , finding rebelling t's and Most of the time The round may not even start because rebelling is so eazy and its so eazy to kill the Ct's

4. Because Ct's spend the round doing this.. there is no time for games or maybe there is a only a few t/'s left and its impossible to do any descent group games Because of the lack of t's .

5 and because this is the reason why people leave jb and the server becomes dead . Like today for example . I was on ct on the map lego , we had about 12 t's and about 3 ct's and at the end of the map it was empty ( have a demo if anyone wants 2 see it )... People are leaving because there either bored because they died rebelling and have 2 wait ages because Ct's are trying 2 get a handle of things or Simply its just not fun . Rebelling is fun.. but not over and over again .

My solution !! bring back More Ct Sided Maps ! Like colourful , Older version of lego , battleforce ! These maps where great and I have had so many fun times on these maps !!

Bring more Ct sided maps and I promise population will pick up

Thankyou Atariowns .
    Last edited by Atariowns; 06-11-13 at 08:38 PM. Reason: demo

Pro Rebel
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox has much to be proud of Plox's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Plox     $ 0.00
    2. Nazis'
    Lets be honest, there are A LOT of nazis' on jb. You yourself are one of these. You always say "Being nazi is necessary so people don't rebel," yet you make people shift walk through the middle of the map, shoot someone for jumping and take ages to give proper orders. Quite a bit of the time it is a select few people are responsible for rebelling and if you can't stop 2-5 people then you aren't as good as you brag you are. Being nazi simply reduces the population and it's extremely easy to tell the difference between taking a step out of line and trying to rebel.

Aaaaaand you're a Nazi too.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plox For This Useful Post:

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00
    Hmmm. Might have to do some first-hand investigation on how this server is playing out.
    Can you guys let me know generally when the 'peak times' are for the server and generally how most rounds end up being played out (from a T and Ct perspective).
    The next thing I plan to do is resurrect the 'minigames suggestions' thread for JB.

Also cheers for the mention Frendy- maybe a bit of my philosophy would help here: JB is meant to be fun for both Ts and CTs. I think thats possibly why so many people ask me to guard up when I log on- because most who remember me are aware that they are going to have a fun round, and at the time I was active, thats simply what people wanted to do... just have fun with their usual internet mates.
    Heck- I remember when the Summer map had a suicide booth on it, and there was Jonah and I on CT. We had the stupid idea of getting all of the guns in gunroom and launching them out of suicide booth and then starting a free-for-all based on what you picked up from the explosion. Good times- but I cant imagine something like that happening on the server in its current state.
    If I use an example of the main context of this thread... Is the map T or CT sided? To me that is like saying: is the glass half empty of half full? The 'TopCat' answer is that I definitely logged on to the server to have a bit of fun. So IMO the whole nazi debate is far different from the way I choose to play.
    Additionally, people need to keep in mind that JB is strictly a role-play server, and everyone has different ways\styles\expectations on how they imagine that role can play out. My JB experience isnt necessarily on par with anyone elses, and you need to keep that in mind.

The overall goal should still definitely be that everyone has fun, and that is what will ultimately lead to the server lasting the test of time.
    TopCats Rebelling Guide + Seargent_Stoners Wardening Guide + Mellows Guard Guide
    Processor: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.5GHz w\ Corsair H55 liquid cooling
    Graphics: 2GB ASUS GTX-670
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz
    Monitor: LG 120Hz 3D W2363D
    SSD: 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
    HDD: WD Caviar Green 500GB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 386

RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

RawMower     $ 85.00
    Investigator TopCat is on the job! :P

Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns's Avatar
    Total Donations For

I know this is going 2 start a massive shit-storm but I can't get over the fact that no one agrees with me when I say the pop is down.. u know what its not just down Its ♥♥♥♥ing Empty half the time and On a Good day it will be MAX 15 !! stop the bullshit and lets come 2 terms with it... . Admins of Jb... it can be hard 2 accept something that your ultimately in charge of , and u can blame it on whoever u want or come up with excuse . I AM NOT SAYING THE ADMINS ARE DOING A BAD JOB FFS ( admins are not the problem in any sense ) !!! so can we cut out the prejudice against myself for bringing up the issue and actually work together 2 fix it. If u think Nazi is sooooo bad then ♥♥♥♥ing ban it ( make a thread and get the whole communities opinion ) . oh wait.. there was a rule and then it got overturned and the rule was taken out , Maybe its time 2 bring it back . I am not only admit about jb's forecoming , I am 100% ! I care about jb and if everyone hates me for trying 2 recover it , let it be , if I am wrong about the whole thing I am sorry I was only trying 2 help and let everyone know about this issue as myself being a Long time Jb'er . But honestly... take a moment to realise what Jb has done 2 this community . Jb is the backbone.. or was . Jb is what made DtK populour ( in my opinion ) . Although there was both populour gg servers , de_dust and Office it didnt have a much large forum based community . Seeing as Jb is a very Plastic Mod people tend to join up and want 2 voice there opinion . Jb's pop is down and so is DtK Forums .

Total Donations For

Maps is a big problem . This is solid proof That it wasnt because I was nazi , but simpley because its impossible 2 rebel because there are 2 many eazy ways 2 rebel .
    Watch it and you'll see what I mean , pop goes from 14 ... 2 4 in one map . http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=5Cpz2mDOV

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 244

Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Gyarados     $ 60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Atariowns View Post
    Maps is a big problem . This is solid proof That it wasnt because I was nazi , but simpley because its impossible 2 rebel because there are 2 many eazy ways 2 rebel .
    Watch it and you'll see what I mean , pop goes from 14 ... 2 4 in one map . http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=5Cpz2mDOV
    I only left that game because it was like 11 and I need sleep.
    And see this:
    25. A CT may not kill a T unless they are: a direct threat to you, a direct threat to another CT, or are blatantly disregarding orders, except when necessary for a mini game.
    Notice is says blatantly. If I accidentally take 1.5 steps out you don't need to shoot me because I'm not a threat, simply a person that took 1.5 steps. If someone takes 3 (jetpackin) they are "blatantly disregarding orders". See where I'm coming from? I agree if you need to be nazi to control the t's but that doesn't mean shoot everyone that jumps or isn't facing their own cell. You can earn a reputation by being a good warden not a nazi one.
    We don't need to come up with excuses because again the population isn't decreasing. I can go on and get 10 people on in 5 minutes. Which causes more people to join. I do this with no admin assistance (other than maybe the group announcements) and people join. And if I can do it so can you.

And as for maps, about 3 admins already said it, and I will say it again. We have planned updates to the jb rotation :P.
    Last edited by Gyarados; 09-11-13 at 09:21 PM. Reason: I cant spell

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    You don't need anyone to agree or disagree with you to know how a server is doing. The facts speaks for itself : http://clearshotservers.gameme.com/css3

What hurts a server more than anything is negativity and which is what most members in threads like these are trying to avoid.

Repeatedly saying a server is dying or dead doesn't help in any way or form. On the contrary while you may be trying to help the server improve it's numbers, it might work against you - e.g newer players will simply keep away from the server because of the reputation (regardless of it being true or not) it has built up from the above. "Why play on a dead server?"

Giving suggestions on improving the server, introducing new concepts,etc does help. JB isn't full 24/7 but you cannot completely disregard the players that do spend time on the server or the work that current JB Admin team are doing to keep JB going.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    You don't need anyone to agree or disagree with you to know how a server is doing. The facts speaks for itself : http://clearshotservers.gameme.com/css3

What hurts a server more than anything is negativity and which is what most members in threads like these are trying to avoid.

Repeatedly saying a server is dying or dead doesn't help in any way or form. On the contrary while you may be trying to help the server improve it's numbers, it might work against you - e.g newer players will simply keep away from the server because of the reputation (regardless of it being true or not) it has built up from the above. "Why play on a dead server?"

Giving suggestions on improving the server, introducing new concepts,etc does help. JB isn't full 24/7 but you cannot completely disregard the players that do spend time on the server or the work that current JB Admin team are doing to keep JB going.
    Exactly.... u summed it up in a way I couldn't ... I brought the map idea up because I thought it was a idea 2 improve pop . We need to come together and get like major people of jb and come up with a solution . For example mass invite or adding more mods or adding new maps like on a monthly base ect ect .

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    How many mods do you want, lol.
    Mass invites are already being done and like others have said, it takes 5 mins tops to get half a dozen people on the server if you invite people in your friends list. They then bring in a few more and so on so forth exponential.
    JB isn't dead.

God it is so tiring to read the same crap over and over.

Also I am not seeing anywhere where the JB admins are making excuses or blaming others for the "lack of population".

Who has ever needed to make excuses for something that isn't even going wrong.

One other thing. You say along with JB population being down, so is the forum.
    Totally and completely incorrect. Myself and Frendy add a minimum of 5 to 10 people every few days to a week. People are making intro threads as a reflection of this.
    I fail to see how the forum is also dying.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cuffeh; 09-11-13 at 09:57 PM.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

The Silly Old Willy
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 78
    loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] loubot69     $ 0.00
    3 things....
    1. this thread makes me angry
    2. Cuffeh gets angry cause i invite her to jb all the time
    3. Inviting people is easy, if you think the numbers are down, do something about, these threads are useless go and invite people and then have fun on the server pls

**wise words of loubot69 after a few drinks, also no swears pls loubot
    Last edited by loubot69; 10-11-13 at 12:40 AM. Reason: no swears pls

16. The Following User Says Thank You to loubot69 For This Useful Post:

Banned

RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

RawMower     $ 85.00
    Quote Originally Posted by loubot69 View Post
    3 things....
    1. this thread makes me angry
    3. Inviting people is easy, if you think the numbers are down, do something about, ♥♥♥♥ off with these threads cause they're useless go and invite people and then have fun on the server pls

**wise words of loubot69 after a few drinks, also no swears pls loubot
    Bs you don't know how to drink Booz, no swears plz

The Silly Old Willy
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 78
    loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] loubot69     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by RawMower View Post
    Bs you don't know how to drink Booz, no swears plz
    scuse me sir, go to bed

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Lol such a liar.
    I Zzzzzzzz you when you server invite whore me.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Banned

Trophies
    Total Donations For

RawMower     $ 85.00

T sided Maps .

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffeh View Post
    Lol such a liar.
    I Zzzzzzzz you when you server invite whore me.

When I try and get jb populated next ill remember to spam you with invites and messages saying come play jb since you enjoy getting them so much :P

scuse me sir, go to bed
    P.s YOUR NOT MY REAL DAD!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RawMower For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information