Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Concerned Player

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 0%

Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Atariowns     $ 10.00

A Concerned Player

Hello everyone , how we all doing ?

First of all I would just like 2 set things straight , I am in no way insulting DtK , DtK and its Admins and I am souley making this thread as a Worried Long time player who believes something needs 2 be done ASAP .

First I wana start with a little back story : When I first started playing Jb ( almost 3 years ago when Becca was Ja XD ) it was a packed server , almost every night it was full . Remeber this is a time when there was no Ct Test and Becoming ct was souley based on how much u played the server . Becca in my belief was one of the best Admins 2 happen 2 DtK Jailbreak , ( even though I would know a lot of u who would totally disagree ) But anyways she was pretty strict and it was because of this that she gained alot of respect and when ever see was on there was almost no rule breaking and this rubbed off 2 the admins at the time as well .

Ever since becca left ( and her Ja's ) and The CT Test was added there has been a dramatic downfall in the population . Here are my reasons why, there are 2 main things that caused Jb 2 become a almost empty to single digit server .

1. The CT Test : Now like I said before I am not here 2 make any just terms that may offend anyone and the idea its self at first sounds like a good idea . However it took players ( like myself ) Numerous times 2 complete this test , at this time I had been playing jb for over a year and a half and was a effective CT who know the rules and never broke them . I feel like this test is losing pop because it forces people to Join DtK , sign up and do a Test . For some people they just want 2 join a a Jailbreak server and have some fun , maybe they feel like they know the rules and decided 2 go on CT , however finding out that they have 2 sign up and do a test 2 go on ct . Now the way I learned 2 become Ct was First reading the rules and learning them , play playing ct and holding back from warden untill I was comfortable but able 2 warden if necessary .and eventually getting comfortable enough to warden almost every time and be good at it . Sometimes Veteran Warden players just need players in the ct 2 help out and maintain order . I'd honestly rather 4 fairly new Ct's then 2 experienced Ct's . But most of all if your new there is nothing like jumping on ct for the first time and just helping out, and there nothing wrong with it . some of u might say " oh but people might abuse ct " yes that may be the case but thats what Admins are for. We had a system that worked.. why break it ?

Anyways if they got rid of the test and went back 2 the traditional way of just going on Ct when u feel comfortable and gradually building up confidence I would see a large amout of people will tend 2 stay , then say if they realize " oh I have 2 do a test , Cbf " and then leave .

2. Not sure if this was just a coincidence but during the time of DtK's Peek Becca was Sa and she was very strict and it somehow also rubbed off some off the admins , not sure why but ever seen then I have seen not strict enough Admins ( but please don't get me wrong The Admins at the moment are doing a fantastic job as being admins) . Not sure why but I personally love very strict admins , I am not just talking about ohhhh u freekilled a bunch of people u get a perm ban , I am talking about people disrespecting Admins and the admins somewhat ignoring it . Respect is a big thing !! and Respect is earned .

well 2 sum it up , I am just a concerned long time DtK Jailbreak player who feels wthat we need 2 do something and somewhat rewind the clock . I feel we have lost alot of long time players because of these reason and frankly something needs 2 be done . Cassonberry ( the Sa before becca ) called it and made particularly similar thread about a year ago explaining what needs 2 be done and it was somewhat ignored. Look we all know Jb is crumbling and we all see whats going on and we all seem 2 somewhat ignore it ( not all but most ) .

We need 2 do Something !!

Thanks Atariowns

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 190

Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Zororak     $ 15.00
    I havnt played JB in a while too. i think i have played maybe 20 mins in the last month or 2. I somewhat find the issue of server lacking numbers annoying too. I remember too when joining CT ment you played for abit and thought u could go on ct (My first ban was for freekilling like 5 people because it said final round so i killed all to start next map). I say scrap the test. I find when i used to play alot of people would complain and voteswap people who joined CT but hadn't done the test. I always press no (unless i know them as freekillers) as they havnt done anything wrong. and as for the strict admins, i just think they should be more active. Plus, back in the day JB had like 7-8 admins now there is only 4 including SA. I know they are in the process of promoting admins but out of my memory i cant really see anyone worthy/responsible enough to be JA.

Want to make a distance fading spray? Follow my easy to follow tutorial here and leave a reply to let me know if it worked =D.
    Jailbreak stuff
    STV Demo download | Rules and Guides | Whitelist Test and Results.

Connect to Jailbreak here!

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    Nice share man. Don't play JB much but you seem to know your shit :P

Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns has a brilliant future Atariowns's Avatar
    Total Donations For

haha thanks guys ! I remeber when ct's use 2 be fighting over who was Warden and now it seems no one can be ♥♥♥♥ed .

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atariowns For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 583

Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Nexoit     $ 10.00
    Don't play the servers much anymore... My demotion didn't really help but i have noticed that DTK Jb has dropped in numbers... A lot...

[DtK] [JA] Untouchable Nexoit is my best friend so..... but I still give him shit.

[DtK] [V] PiMpAct quick lets grab eachothers diks

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Atariowns View Post
    haha thanks guys ! I remeber when ct's use 2 be fighting over who was Warden and now it seems no one can be ♥♥♥♥ed .
    OMG I remember when that used to happened hahah. I think there also used to be many times when a lot of people wanted to go CT before the ratio and queue (guard) plugins were installed. And the admins had to swap people off CT cause there were too many. xD Even after the guard plugin was implemented the queue was quite long. That hardly seems to happen now in the past weeks I was on.
    Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

Professional Rebeller
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 73
    BLOoDnBoN3 is a jewel in the rough BLOoDnBoN3 is a jewel in the rough BLOoDnBoN3 is a jewel in the rough BLOoDnBoN3 is a jewel in the rough BLOoDnBoN3's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] BLOoDnBoN3     $ 0.00
    Me and few regulars who play every day find it seems to be dead nearly every day.
    The few times a JA comes on for a spare 30 minutes or so there is a spike in players but then they leave and everyone else does to ;/
    ONE SEVEN
    Winners don't make excuses when the other side plays the game.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BLOoDnBoN3 For This Useful Post:

The Silly Old Willy
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 78
    loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] loubot69     $ 0.00
    I have a few reasons to disagree with this and like you said i dont mean to offend anyone or start any fights or anything
    1. Counter-Strike is a reasonably old game and the population on ALL servers from EVERY community is going down, jailbreak still does very well in this case. The server still manages to get full or close to on weekends and can get a good core amount of players for 2-3 hours on week days (8-15 people) This is pretty good considering that not many counter strike servers are populated any more.
    2. Comparing admins to previous ones isn't very good IMO. I think you need to judge admins based on the time they are there for the job, and i can guarantee you that shadow is doing an amazing job at his job. He knows that Counter-Strike doesn't get as much traffic as usual yet he is still doing a great job at getting people to come into his server.
    3. I also think that threads like these are useless, because people just complain and remember "the old days" when they really should be doing something about it if they are seriously concerned and actually get on the server and get their friends on too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to loubot69 For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by loubot69 View Post
    I have a few reasons to disagree with this and like you said i dont mean to offend anyone or start any fights or anything
    1. Counter-Strike is a reasonably old game and the population on ALL servers from EVERY community is going down, jailbreak still does very well in this case. The server still manages to get full or close to on weekends and can get a good core amount of players for 2-3 hours on week days (8-15 people) This is pretty good considering that not many counter strike servers are populated any more.
    2. Comparing admins to previous ones isn't very good IMO. I think you need to judge admins based on the time they are there for the job, and i can guarantee you that shadow is doing an amazing job at his job. He knows that Counter-Strike doesn't get as much traffic as usual yet he is still doing a great job at getting people to come into his server.
    3. I also think that threads like these are useless, because people just complain and remember "the old days" when they really should be doing something about it if they are seriously concerned and actually get on the server and get their friends on too.
    First I would like 2 say thankyou for replying 2 my thread .
    This is my rebuttal Although I agree with you though weekdays that the average is around 0-15 that for a jailbreak server is pretty bad . Freedom gamers have 2 Jailbreak Servers one with 50/50 all day and one with around 20/50 . You say Counter Strike Source is a old Game ? Of course it is and people play Css purely because they like it . Css was made in 2004 and I honestly don't think has been affect by any other games other then Maybe CSGO . I am doing something about it , I am trying 2 get support and hopefully the right people see what needs 2 be changed and change it .

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atariowns For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 517

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Tonic     $ 5.00
    I have not played JB in a very long time. But i disagree slightly.

Becca was a good admin because she was FUN! and wielded teh admin powers to enhance teh fun. Not because she was strict. Her wardening (she was a bit of a warden whore, but no one complained because she was good at it) was flawless, creative, constructive and innovative. People played and enjoyed, and very rarely rebelled as it was more fun to actually play the minigames.

There was a magic in JB, where admins never really had to put the foot down often. People just played and Weren't tards about about it.

When i stopped playing, players played specifically to be a pain in the ass, like children pushing their parents to find out what they could get away with. This resulted in the only game being the 'move to my spray that only half the players can see, and i'll pop people as they get bored and rebel to die just for something to do' game.

Admins had enough respect back then, that they didn't need admin commands to keep a server on track. I rarely remember kicking or banning people, and rarely remember any problems with the exception of a handful that were there just to be a pain.

The admins haven't changed, the server hasn't changed, the players changed.
    Nothing stays the same, we just have to roll with what we have, and each player give everything they can to get something better out.
    The jedi cannot bring balance to the force, its the collectives, the unspokens that will ultimately bring back the balance.

I understand where you are coming from atari, i really do. I'm not saying you are wrong, simply just that i see things differently.
    You were always a gud gai to game with, and i'm sure things will get better.
    Hang in there kitten.

Last edited by Tonic; 09-10-13 at 08:15 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tonic For This Useful Post:

The Silly Old Willy
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 78
    loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] loubot69     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Atariowns View Post
    First I would like 2 say thankyou for replying 2 my thread .
    This is my rebuttal Although I agree with you though weekdays that the average is around 0-15 that for a jailbreak server is pretty bad . Freedom gamers have 2 Jailbreak Servers one with 50/50 all day and one with around 20/50 . You say Counter Strike Source is a old Game ? Of course it is and people play Css purely because they like it . Css was made in 2004 and I honestly don't think has been affect by any other games other then Maybe CSGO . I am doing something about it , I am trying 2 get support and hopefully the right people see what needs 2 be changed and change it .
    It is an old game, people get bored and move on, surf infamous used to be a succesful community, they died, they didn't have good admins like we do here people got bored and left and started playing other games it happens.
    But it will be good to make some changes and make the server better!

Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic has a reputation beyond repute Tonic's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

A side note, back when we played Atari, the server was ranked in the top 5 in Australia (maybe ranked 2 for a while - just after GG4) , people feared the ban hammer, can't get banned from the best server in Aus. There was alot of pride back then, and it showed.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonic For This Useful Post:

LeKrez James
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonic View Post
    The admins haven't changed, the server hasn't changed, the players changed.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I dont even know what to say, i keep typing what i want to say, but i end up deleting it thinking i could write something better to tell you how much i agree with you and love you.

IMO: Key to a successful server is the community of players, regular players, that play on the server.
    People love playing Online videogames for the social aspect of it, i know i do. Which is why i loved JB so much, because of the community of players. Not only JB, but numerous other servers as well.

Trophies
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Krezand View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I dont even know what to say, i keep typing what i want to say, but i end up deleting it thinking i could write something better to tell you how much i agree with you and love you.

IMO: Key to a successful server is the community of players, regular players, that play on the server.
    People love playing Online videogames for the social aspect of it, i know i do. Which is why i loved JB so much, because of the community of players. Not only JB, but numerous other servers as well.
    It was the reason i played as well Krez, its what initially drew me to the servers (mostly GG4, JB and Conq). Same with forums, the social aspect of the servers was very personal. I felt like i made real life friends out of it. Whilst i don't talk to many of them now, i still do talk to a few and i have every reason to believe that i will for many years to come.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonic For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 244

Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Gyarados     $ 60.00
    Alright, my turn.
    (I didn't read any previous comments because tl;dr)
    CSS in general relies on its stable community to run as a whole. And in the same concept jailbreak also has a playerbase that join and populate the server. We have a lot of "Jb rands" that will join almost whenever invited and will come and play the server how it is meant to. Hate to shoot you down but the whitelist isn't always enforced. If we have 10+ people we want wardens who can do their job properly and not just sit there to support the rest of the people. When a low number of people are on I nearly always give people a chance to go on ct unless they:
    a) Don't have a mic.
    b) Obviously don't know the rules at all.
    c) Aren't prepared to warden properly.
    d) Are on ct with the intent of freekilling.

We have a lot of people that sometimes jump on that know certain rules and don't know others. Instead of the "strict admins" just banning them for freekilling, they explain what they did wrong in order to fix it. If they break multiple rules or the same rule multiple times they are swapped and asked to read the rules and/or complete the whitelist. There are some people that just won't stop abusing and most of it is ignored simply because of sticks and stones. If they abuse others that may have problems with the way they are being treated then action is taken but yea...

Just my thoughts,
    Gyarados

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Gyarados For This Useful Post:

Hide my tattoos in Shibuya
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 824

Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones has a reputation beyond repute Pilot Jones's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Pilot Jones     $ 50.00
    I remember how popular that server was when I was around and I ONLY joined last year. It seemed to be at a good time cause the server would have me waitin' to auto-join. It was straight breezy man, no troubles and shit was in check.

Now, from what I've experienced a few months ago, there's way too many whiny ass newcomers that expect a hand out with the rules. All the people that used to frequent JB were at least 17+ then they got hit by importance of work and/or education and was like "ayyyyy need to get my grind on."

I'm sure it'll pick up again one day, but popularity comes and goes.

Started from the bottom
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Untouchable     $ 0.00
    Nothing Was The Same, but We're So Far Gone.

#NWTS #SFG
    PSYKER. Unity/IPGN. play.esea.net/users/820122

Total Donations For

So we all agree that something should be done ? does anyone have any suggestions ?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Atariowns For This Useful Post:

Started from the bottom
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Untouchable     $ 0.00
    This will be a Comeback Season, I'll Take Care of it, you can Thank Me Later.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Untouchable For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 386

RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower has a reputation beyond repute RawMower's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

RawMower     $ 85.00
    I agree with someone above (can't be bothered finding them and quoting) but people are a bit more lazy as a warden. I know when I'm ct I find myself being the warden because it doesn't seem like the other ct(s) want to warden because there is an awkward silence kinda thing at the start of the round.
    Also about the admins not being as strict and when becca was SA not all admins are the same and the admins we have now aren't slack at all. I really commend jetpackin, goose, mellow and shadow (sorry if I left anyone out) and even the trial admins at the moment, gyarados, rompers and cake (again sorry if I left anyone out) they do a great job on the server!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to RawMower For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information