+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Map: rush_neighbourhood

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00

New Map: rush_neighbourhood

Hi all,

Since this section hasn't been used in a while, thought I would post a proggy of my new project: rush_neighbourhood.

For those unfamiliar, it is another rush map, similar to: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/172478

Anyway I have almost finished stage 1 of the map, just a few props to add for detail and some extra lighting for those dark areas and shes all good.

There will be 3 sections in total (see sketch):

Development Team
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

OK I seem to be working faster than anticipated.

I have uploaded some pics of the shopping center rendered.

To-DO List:
    • Add the bomb sites into each stage.
    • Configure the progression entities
    • Further optimization of stages 1, 2 and 3
    • Get it ready for beta testing.

My coke is duh best
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 428

SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD has a reputation beyond repute SyKeD's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] SyKeD     $ 30.00
    looking sexy
    Click to Join Me On GunGame 10
    Also add me on League Of Legends ItzSyKeD and Battlelog

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    MaDRuSh is on a distinguished road MaDRuSh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

MaDRuSh     $ 0.00
    Cant wait to play it. Wicked!

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 37.0%

MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK has a reputation beyond repute MDnK's Avatar
    Total Donations For

MDnK     $ 60.00
    let me know if you need any more help.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 64
    LIKEAG36 is on a distinguished road LIKEAG36's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] LIKEAG36     $ 0.00
    Suugestion: Team Weapon Unlocks

So my proposal is that there be employed a system of weapon unlocks through the achievement of a certain objective (headshots, kills, knifes, etc).
    The entire team would be able to contribute to the completeion of the goal and the unlocking of a weapon to create a sense of teamwork.

Basically a small pool of powerful/advanced weapons will be initially unable to be purchased as the start of the round for both teams.
    Then each team would have a seprate counter for the same objective.
    For example both terrorists and counter terrorists could have the objective of gaining 18 headshots to unlock the awp for the entire team to use.
    The unlock would either be perm throughout the round or would reset at each stage along with the kill counter.

I belive this system would be benfitial because it would elminate the most powerful of weapons at the begining of the map to enure a stalemate dosent occur for long periods of time. Another benefit would be that the team objective would help coerce the team into working together and thinking tactically to ensure the completeion of the objective. This would also help the game gain a sharper pace towards the end of the game when both teams may be near the bomb sites but have to face the new danger of new weapons which will force both teams to rely harder on team tactics.

A ROUGH example of the possible system:

15 Kills = Desert Eagle
    25 Headshots = AWP
    35 Kills = Krieg 550 Commando
    40 Kills = G3SG1

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by LIKEAG36 View Post
    Suugestion: Team Weapon Unlocks

So my proposal is that there be employed a system of weapon unlocks through the achievement of a certain objective (headshots, kills, knifes, etc).
    The entire team would be able to contribute to the completeion of the goal and the unlocking of a weapon to create a sense of teamwork.

Basically a small pool of powerful/advanced weapons will be initially unable to be purchased as the start of the round for both teams.
    Then each team would have a seprate counter for the same objective.
    For example both terrorists and counter terrorists could have the objective of gaining 18 headshots to unlock the awp for the entire team to use.
    The unlock would either be perm throughout the round or would reset at each stage along with the kill counter.

I belive this system would be benfitial because it would elminate the most powerful of weapons at the begining of the map to enure a stalemate dosent occur for long periods of time. Another benefit would be that the team objective would help coerce the team into working together and thinking tactically to ensure the completeion of the objective. This would also help the game gain a sharper pace towards the end of the game when both teams may be near the bomb sites but have to face the new danger of new weapons which will force both teams to rely harder on team tactics.

A ROUGH example of the possible system:

15 Kills = Desert Eagle
    25 Headshots = AWP
    35 Kills = Krieg 550 Commando
    40 Kills = G3SG1
    Nice suggestion.

The main issue with it is team work in counter-strike public is non-existent. The mod pushes them to work together to a degree, but not enough to bring in unlock systems like that.

I was wanting to implement a class system to it though with different attributes, weapons and unlock paths but over time on the server not per stage or round.

The idea of rush is to stalemate the process until the attacking team buckles and dies or 1 lucky bugger makes it through and blows the sites.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Note to self - Do sewers in part 2 for extra access to mcdonalds, building and spawns.

Development Team
    Total Donations For

Ok I have added the sewers. They lead from near Attacker spawn to bomb site A and B. There is also an entrance near defender spawn so there will be a chance for defence.

Spent ages optimizing the shopping center with hint/skip brushes. Applied an occluder onto the wall near maccers. Added a few hint/skip in tunnels for best optimization.

Here are the latest proggy pics.

Last edited by imthenewguy; 04-08-13 at 01:04 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information