Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: The Death of GG4

Casual Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Overall activity: 6.0%

DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] DirtyDeeds     $ 50.00

The Death of GG4

Hello everyone,

What has happened to GG4?....Has it died a slow death?

I ask because everytime I go to play there recently, there is only a handful of players - and none of the usual crew.

I'm the first to admit that I am not playing as much as I used to either but where is everyone else?

And why have they left?

And what is going to be done to attract players back?

Or do we start writing the obituary???

A concerned Dirty.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DirtyDeeds For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 0%

Linkage has a spectacular aura about Linkage has a spectacular aura about Linkage's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Linkage     $ 30.00
    If possible and you want more people jump on other servers and play a bit get to know new people and well others will follow you to GG4. i play on the Dust2 death match server and well as stated b4 90% of the time the server is full! that would be a great opportunity to jump on and play and get to know people, i think once you do this some people will start to follow u to GG4 and the word will get out and you ill have your popularity.... just a thought and seem to work, i will come and check out gg4 sometime just fight for ur server!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Linkage For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 12
    heretostalk will become famous soon enough heretostalk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] heretostalk     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyshoes View Post
    I am in no way trying to justify myself. I was merely explaining the context with which I used the word. I have no issue's with people of any sexual preference other than pedophiles. But I dare not use a commonly used term for people like that for fear of insulting someone? I must admit to being somewhat taken aback at the level of sensitivity shown by some people. And yet you all partake in a game that you must stab someone in order to win? Not thoughts spared for stabbing victims all over the country. My how they would must feel hearing the celebrations and laughter from people having just "knifed" someone? This has become somewhat infantile and bordering on ridiculous. Again i apologise for using the term "poofta". I will not use it again on the forums

Keep up the crusade guys, oh and girls, least I offend women by not identifying them as an individual entity.
    Yeah, we're the ones that are being infantile and ridiculous here...

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyshoes View Post
    I am in no way trying to justify myself. I was merely explaining the context with which I used the word. I have no issue's with people of any sexual preference other than pedophiles. But I dare not use a commonly used term for people like that for fear of insulting someone? I must admit to being somewhat taken aback at the level of sensitivity shown by some people. And yet you all partake in a game that you must stab someone in order to win? Not thoughts spared for stabbing victims all over the country. My how they would must feel hearing the celebrations and laughter from people having just "knifed" someone? This has become somewhat infantile and bordering on ridiculous. Again i apologise for using the term "poofta". I will not use it again on the forums

Keep up the crusade guys, oh and girls, least I offend women by not identifying them as an individual entity.
    Your analogy is bad and you should feel bad. It might have made slightly more sense if there were a derogatory word used for stabbing victims, and we used it in game as a term of insult. But there isn't, so you've totally missed that straw.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/poofter: "British usually disparaging"
    http://dictionary.reference.com/etymology/pooff: noun British. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive.

I don't know what kind of bogans you hang around, but poofter is most definitely not a "commonly used word", and even if it were it doesn't make it right. A few decades ago "nigger" was a commonly used word for black people, you're telling me that's okay?

I thought you were a teenager but I've heard you on mic and it seems you're an adult man. Get an education mate, you're embarrassing yourself.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] jimmyshoes     $ 0.00
    Ok, for the last time, I can see that many of you very lovely "young" people are extremely irritated at my use of the word poofter, whatever context it was used in, and its good to see you stand up for what you believe in. I apologise for using the comment in the first place. I am not a bogan. I am educated. I am not a teenager. I do not condone the word "nigger" used in a derogative manner. I do not feel bad at all, even slightly. As for the knifing analogy, I used it sarcastically as I truely think the whole arguement is pathetically oversensitive. Again I apologise, I'm comfortable with who I am.
    Also Button assuming I'm not educated due to my use of a word is somewhat unwarranted. I am in no way embarrassing myself. I am not the one over reacting. Good luck in the real world. It's a very scary place if you really take such offense to the world poofter.

Again full apologies to all involved. Even you DirtyDeeds.

Jimmyshoes

Banned
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman's Avatar
    Total Donations For

meowman     $ 0.00
    for the record, i've been called a white cu nt and never thought anything of it. if you get called a name and it just happens to coinside with a word that represents a minority group then is there really a big issue? If a girl calls a bloke a dickhead is that sexist because she doesn't have a dick? Or if i call someone a pussy because they're being a whimp does that mean i'm being derogatory towards either females with a vagina (that is referred to as a pussy) or in fact making fun of cats?

to everyone going on and on about the word poofter, how about less bitching in this thread and more playing in the server?
    Last edited by meowman; 07-07-13 at 09:29 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meowman For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Overall activity: 7.0%

BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    Omg where has this thread gone
    if only people spent the same time on this thread as in server
    Who cares what one says on a gaming forum at my prev workplace people used words like white ♥♥♥♥s, poofters etc and amongst the younger generation it was taken in the right spirit..,you won't find a 50 yr old guy use any of those words
    In mining every 2nd word is ♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥...
    peace people...
    for every poster after this on this thread ensure u play at least 1 hr on the server

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigDel For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Yeah, cool story but this is totally pointless.

/thread.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information