Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death of GG4

Casual Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Overall activity: 6.0%

DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] DirtyDeeds     $ 50.00

The Death of GG4

Hello everyone,

What has happened to GG4?....Has it died a slow death?

I ask because everytime I go to play there recently, there is only a handful of players - and none of the usual crew.

I'm the first to admit that I am not playing as much as I used to either but where is everyone else?

And why have they left?

And what is going to be done to attract players back?

Or do we start writing the obituary???

A concerned Dirty.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DirtyDeeds For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    fancyspaceoctopus is just really nice fancyspaceoctopus is just really nice fancyspaceoctopus is just really nice fancyspaceoctopus is just really nice fancyspaceoctopus is just really nice fancyspaceoctopus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] fancyspaceoctopus     $ 0.00
    Dtk r dying
    Nuff said

But in all seriousness the DTK community is starting to let itself go :3 I for one will stay till the very end supporting the only clan I ever felt like a family in

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fancyspaceoctopus For This Useful Post:

Started from the bottom
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Untouchable     $ 0.00
    Because people don't source anymore?!!??!!!
    PSYKER. Unity/IPGN. play.esea.net/users/820122

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Untouchable For This Useful Post:

fancyspaceoctopus is just really nice fancyspaceoctopus is just really nice fancyspaceoctopus is just really nice fancyspaceoctopus is just really nice fancyspaceoctopus is just really nice fancyspaceoctopus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Burn the perp

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fancyspaceoctopus For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Because people don't source anymore?!!??!!!
    You don't even source

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fancyspaceoctopus For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366

Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Blitz     $ 500.00
    Although I'll have to agree that Source is slowly dying, I don't think that is the main cause of why GG4 doesn't have same activity anymore. If I had to put out a reason it would be mostly due to the pinion lag/wait thing over the last few weeks and pinion itself. The core group of players don't join because of that and that cascades on. It was fun though.
    Last edited by Blitz; 26-05-13 at 11:35 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blitz For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Prfffffffff source isn't dying lulz

Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz is a splendid one to behold Blitz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Blitz     $ 500.00
    Quote Originally Posted by fancyspaceoctopus View Post
    Prfffffffff source isn't dying lulz
    I've been playing through counterstrike since 1.0 and have been quite active on source, it's hard not to come to conclusion that it has reached it's peak and that it is declining in numbers everyday.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blitz For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    I've been playing through counterstrike since 1.0 and have been quite active on source, it's hard not to come to conclusion that it has reached it's peak and that it is declining in numbers everyday.
    True, but it won't die for a while, look at 1.6 for example. A still thriving community

17. The Following User Says Thank You to fancyspaceoctopus For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Blitz     $ 500.00
    I'll concede that point.

Back on topic, GG4 really needs not only more regular updates of the maps but of the core mechanics also.

http://clearshotservers.gameme.com/css

For anyone interested.

The pinion thing is here to stay so we need to find ways to attract not only new players but also to retain the old ones. I suggest:

- monthly map updates
    - extra points for playing in the morning/afternoon
    - more bots (also current bots have stat problems for anyone that cares)
    - add top 10 skins and update the 50/200 skins
    - knife only during 5-6pm (this time seems to be a good time to build numbers)

etc.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 334

Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Angro     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by fancyspaceoctopus View Post
    Dtk r dying
    Nuff said

But in all seriousness the DTK community is starting to let itself go :3 I for one will stay till the very end supporting the only clan I ever felt like a family in
    Please stop posting on the forums, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about.
    Do you even look at stats before you try and state facts?
    Dtk changes, just like everything else.
    For example the release of CS:GO makes players move on to a entire new game, and the community with it too.
    this also affected the server as with the already hosted servers running this game mode, it isn't in demand, aswell as the low traffic.
    There will also be less newer players; as they'll go straight for the newer game.
    CS:S

CS:GO

Transitioning=/=dying.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angro For This Useful Post:

Boobies
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    I'll concede that point.

Back on topic, GG4 really needs not only more regular updates of the maps but of the core mechanics also.

http://clearshotservers.gameme.com/css

For anyone interested.

The pinion thing is here to stay so we need to find ways to attract not only new players but also to retain the old ones. I suggest:

- monthly map updates
    - extra points for playing in the morning/afternoon
    - more bots (also current bots have stat problems for anyone that cares)
    - add top 10 skins and update the 50/200 skins
    - knife only during 5-6pm (this time seems to be a good time to build numbers)

etc.

Knife Only:
    Maybe not force the knife only every night, as there are quite a few who would love to have it nightly, there will still be those who just simply don't want to, and we need to be trying to accommodate as many as possible, instead of alienating them... instead maybe make it a weekly event.

Skins:
    The top 200 skin is still a pretty good incentive, I do still often hear/see people asking/commenting on how to get it, how far from it they are etc.

Maybe for the skins side of it, get an in house competition going for the designs?

Also, instead of just concentrating on the top x skins, why not do the same as they've done with the JB server, and offer a couple of different alternative skin choices instead of just the one skin choice for DTK Members?
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muffbag For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Blitz     $ 500.00
    The knife only thing really only works if it's constant as people tend to forget after a week, what time it should be is up for debate. What GG4 needs is momentum to get regulars back in and thus more new players. From what I observed from the player base, they tend to stay for knifing rounds and that builds more numbers. I suggested 5-6pm because that is the time most of the regular players get off work which allows the server to get off to a early lead in numbers which builds on for proper GG in the later hours.

Also I might add I prefer to shoot personally, but first priority should be to get the regulars back in so we have something to shoot at.
    Last edited by Blitz; 27-05-13 at 12:29 AM.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    I think if there were some way of shortening the Pinion wait time a bit, that would help

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to button For This Useful Post:

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    What I've noticed in the past few weeks is that admins and staff members constantly spending time on other servers and usually the regulars have them as a friend and they join off them. I can see how the pinion things ruins the servers and people dont really like waiting that long and when they play on other servers they dont wait at all and they just join a team.

To be able to get our regulars back we first need to get the admin team back on the servers because in my opinion thats the best thing to do.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

27. The Following User Says Thank You to andr0iid For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Blitz     $ 500.00
    Quote Originally Posted by button View Post
    I think if there were some way of shortening the Pinion wait time a bit, that would help
    I don't think that's actually possible button. The ads need to played in their entirety for it to count as an impression. Also I should note that GG4 watches 6-8 ads per hour.

I think the majority of admins are still there androiid, as in mircan buddha and daillvibe (button is ^ there). It's just that regardless if they're on the server or not, the server just can't build enough momentum. When I'm on I can see that there are more than enough people on other GG servers at most times, it's just that we can't get to critical mass where players from other servers join ours.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    Only 6-8?! That's a LOT less than I thought. How is that possible when everyone is forced to watch the ads in their entirety?

Perhaps Squall should consider putting adsense (or whatever it's called) ads on the website instead, and just have a window pop up at the end of every round directing people onto the DTK forum. Surely that'd generate a lot more income?

Total Donations For

Blitz     $ 500.00
    Quote Originally Posted by button View Post
    Only 6-8?! That's a LOT less than I thought. How is that possible when everyone is forced to watch the ads in their entirety?

Perhaps Squall should consider putting adsense (or whatever it's called) ads on the website instead, and just have a window pop up at the end of every round directing people onto the DTK forum. Surely that'd generate a lot more income?
    Per person. That's based on how many rounds we get per hour while the server is active. I believe we watch double the amount of ads than most of the other servers due how quick the rounds are on gg4.

Also, I remember Squall saying that adsense was on before they refused to make payment. So I don't think that's a option either.

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    Sorry, I should of been more specific. I meant admins on all the dtk servers. Its a bit harder for me though considering I am the only admin on gg10 but also I cant make another admin because most of dtk players either play on other dtk servers or they play on other gg servers.

All that aside though I do have an idea to populate both gg servers on dtk which ill talk to dail about and im more then sure he'll agree to this but still want to run it by him.

You see players join servers when they think it has a reasonable amount of players on that server. So if we can get it half full then I'm more then sure the servers will fill up extremely fast.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by andr0iid; 27-05-13 at 01:40 AM.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andr0iid For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Closed Thread

Thread Information