Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Death of GG4

Casual Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Overall activity: 6.0%

DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] DirtyDeeds     $ 50.00

The Death of GG4

Hello everyone,

What has happened to GG4?....Has it died a slow death?

I ask because everytime I go to play there recently, there is only a handful of players - and none of the usual crew.

I'm the first to admit that I am not playing as much as I used to either but where is everyone else?

And why have they left?

And what is going to be done to attract players back?

Or do we start writing the obituary???

A concerned Dirty.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DirtyDeeds For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    heretostalk will become famous soon enough heretostalk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] heretostalk     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyshoes View Post
    you guys are pooftas, u bitch moan and complain about lack of population, get behind the server, suggest events to admins, EMs etc. Server's predominately remain populated due the social aspect. people having fun interacting and the gaming comes second. get in, get involved and make it fun. the numbers will come. don't desert your server, fight for it.

jimmyshoes

Tried logging in and inviting everyone whilst playing with bots. People just tell you to play another server when you invite them to join/try to convince them and I can't blame them. These days I play gg4 if there are people there, it's just that happens pretty rarely.

+lol at poofta being used as a serious comment

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    and lol @ that kind of language being used by a JA, of all people

take a good hard look at yourself jimmyshoes

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to button For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Overall activity: 7.0%

BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    jimmy is a good bloke and JA on dd2 if you guys play...you should play there sometime server is full most of the time

i think his comment was in general to the comments on the thread

Casual Member

DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Total Donations For

you guys are pooftas, u bitch moan and complain about lack of population, get behind the server, suggest events to admins, EMs etc. Server's predominately remain populated due the social aspect. people having fun interacting and the gaming comes second. get in, get involved and make it fun. the numbers will come. don't desert your server, fight for it.

jimmyshoes
    Jimmy,

Check this thread from over a year ago that I suggested for an event...it had overwhelming support at the time but never got off the ground...Squall put it in his "things to do list" (which is no doubt huge!!) but have heard nothing since.

http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthr...DM4-Team-Event

And we are fighting for the server....what do you think this entire thread is about??? People clearly want the server to survive but the main deterrent to that happening is out of our hands....we have to speak up about the problems so that hopefully they can be fixed...the other 2 main GGDM servers that are the competition to GG4 have wait times of less than 10 secs so of course people are going to go over there if they have to wait 30+ secs to get into GG4.

And I agree with Button....who uses the word poofta these days??? (you must be old and that's saying something coming from me!!!)....let alone use it to make a serious argument....dickhead.

Dirty

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DirtyDeeds For This Useful Post:

The Silly Old Willy
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 78
    loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69 has a reputation beyond repute loubot69's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] loubot69     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDeeds View Post
    Jimmy,

Check this thread from over a year ago that I suggested for an event...it had overwhelming support at the time but never got off the ground...Squall put it in his "things to do list" (which is no doubt huge!!) but have heard nothing since.

http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthr...DM4-Team-Event

And we are fighting for the server....what do you think this entire thread is about??? People clearly want the server to survive but the main deterrent to that happening is out of our hands....we have to speak up about the problems so that hopefully they can be fixed...the other 2 main GGDM servers that are the competition to GG4 have wait times of less than 10 secs so of course people are going to go over there if they have to wait 30+ secs to get into GG4.

And I agree with Button....who uses the word poofta these days??? (you must be old and that's saying something coming from me!!!)....let alone use it to make a serious argument....dickhead.

Dirty
    Hit the nail on the head!
    People were on gg4 last night and it was great!!! gotta do it again, keep encouraging your friends and randoms to get on gg4 and it will grow again, however we still need to address problems with pinion and other stuff etc.
    also i noticed it was the same maps that were always options to vote for are there different maps?? or is there a really small map list? If so, how can we fix this?

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥ has a brilliant future Clark♥'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

Clark♥     $ 640.00
    Quote Originally Posted by loubot69 View Post
    Hit the nail on the head!
    People were on gg4 last night and it was great!!! gotta do it again, keep encouraging your friends and randoms to get on gg4 and it will grow again, however we still need to address problems with pinion and other stuff etc.
    also i noticed it was the same maps that were always options to vote for are there different maps?? or is there a really small map list? If so, how can we fix this?
    Keep up the work and keep positive ,
    Just got threw the nominate and see what other maps there are and nominate a different one easy as pie
    Maybe GG4 admins are working on getting new maps for the server, but keep positive about the server and keep inviting your friends BOL player
    My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $749 ($241 with sales)
    • Games owned: 93
    • Games played: 56 (60%)
    • Hours on record: 10,002.0h

BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    Ok so I had a look at pinion turns out for every 1000 impressions you get $2.20..what a load of........this might pay for the servers if its populated

Here's the link to pinion they only pay in 60 days time

http://www.pinion.gg/works.html

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00

jimmyshoes

I really think you could have worded this so much better than you did.

Empathise for a second and imagine if one of the GG4 admins said this to you.

I bet you wouldn't appreciate it.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman's Avatar
    Total Donations For

meowman     $ 0.00
    for the record there is nothing wrong with using the word poofter.

$2.20 for every 1000 views. WTF! Del, even you charge more than that for a reach around.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to meowman For This Useful Post:

Some old guy

Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Rowdy     $ 55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by meowman View Post
    for the record there is nothing wrong with using the word poofter.
    I disagree
    aeGis.|DtK|
    GeeSix K.r.o.n.i.c Octave Pand3mic ReNji Rowdy

CPU: intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H70 liquid cooler with single Scythe GT
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz 16GB (2x8GB)
    GPU: Gigabyte 1080 G1 8GB
    Board: AsRock Z270 Pro 4
    SSD: 1x840EVO 120GB, 1x850EVO 120GB, 1x LITEON 250GB
    HDD: 2x WD Caviar blacks 1TB in Raid 0
    PSU: Seasonic X-1050 80Plus Gold 1050W
    Case: Corsair 600T Black
    Mouse: Steelseries Rival 600 + SteelSeries Prism Pad
    Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB TKL (Cherry Red)
    Headset:SteelSeries Arctis 5

Monitors: BenQ XL2430T 24in LED 144Hz + Samsung 24" LED
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rowdy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    RonSwanson will become famous soon enough RonSwanson's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RonSwanson     $ 0.00
    What's the problem with having the ad play in the background like with Flickshot?

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 296

Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Mitch     $ 10.00

jimmyshoes
    Really? Lol.... Gungame DM has a different atmosphere compared to other servers (especially dust). It is, in my opinion much more fast paced and competitive with a round being over in the blink of an eye (especially if a pro such as me is on ). The lack of numbers simply comes down to the advert times that cause people to leave because the unrecoverable disadvantage the long ads give you. The minute ad that most of us get doesn't make much difference on dust or office but on Gungame is enough to keep you from playing in the first place. Look at the other gungame servers that don't have ad's, they are still going strong, its a no brainer really. The low server numbers aren't due to lack of a gungame community, its there they are just using a server where you aren't forced to forfeit a round due to an ad.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
    What's the problem with having the ad play in the background like with Flickshot?
    doesn't count as an impression

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] jimmyshoes     $ 0.00
    Apologies if my post has caused offence to anyone. I hope all goes well in all of your efforts to keep the server humming, as it was the other night when I was on it. I'm not interested in debating the pros and cons of both one server against another. I am fortunate enough to be part of the server environment that I am, but I also like to think that I played apart in creating that environment. GLHF.

Jimmyshoes

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmyshoes For This Useful Post:

jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes has a brilliant future jimmyshoes's Avatar
    Total Donations For

The pinion advert is a necessity until we as a community can come up with a different source of income to pay for the servers? But asides that, perhaps we should have a 60 second warm up round so everyone has joined prior to the game starting? Hoping to help contribute to the GG4 population fight .

p.s I use the term "poofta" as a "friendlier" version of the term "softc*#k". Not as some sort of reference to a persons sexual preference. Please lets not be too over sensitive about these things.

jimmyshoes

Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    The pinion advert is a necessity until we as a community can come up with a different source of income to pay for the servers? But asides that, perhaps we should have a 60 second warm up round so everyone has joined prior to the game starting? Hoping to help contribute to the GG4 population fight .

p.s I use the term "poofta" as a "friendlier" version of the term "softc*#k". Not as some sort of reference to a persons sexual preference. Please lets not be too over sensitive about these things.

jimmyshoes
    When I'm on I easily get abt 10 people to join...regular events would def help

Casual Member

Total Donations For

jimmyshoes
    I'm sorry but that's no better....you should have stopped at the apology. Trying to justify yourself has just dug the hole that you initially created again.

How do you think a gay person feels about people using something that is seen as a negative label to them, to insult people??? It's like calling something "gay" or calling people "♥♥♥♥♥♥s". This is why there is so much homophobia out there.

For ♥♥♥♥ sake, how about using - and showing - some maturity if you want to get yourself involved in a discussion.

Dirty

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DirtyDeeds For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 204

Finski is on a distinguished road Finski's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] Finski     $ 25.00
    <3 GG4, Gonna play more often again, trying to get into the top 100, currently Pos. 104

Total Donations For

I am in no way trying to justify myself. I was merely explaining the context with which I used the word. I have no issue's with people of any sexual preference other than pedophiles. But I dare not use a commonly used term for people like that for fear of insulting someone? I must admit to being somewhat taken aback at the level of sensitivity shown by some people. And yet you all partake in a game that you must stab someone in order to win? Not thoughts spared for stabbing victims all over the country. My how they would must feel hearing the celebrations and laughter from people having just "knifed" someone? This has become somewhat infantile and bordering on ridiculous. Again i apologise for using the term "poofta". I will not use it again on the forums

Keep up the crusade guys, oh and girls, least I offend women by not identifying them as an individual entity.

Mother Figure of DtK.

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    I am in no way trying to justify myself. I was merely explaining the context with which I used the word. I have no issue's with people of any sexual preference other than pedophiles. But I dare not use a commonly used term for people like that for fear of insulting someone? I must admit to being somewhat taken aback at the level of sensitivity shown by some people. And yet you all partake in a game that you must stab someone in order to win? Not thoughts spared for stabbing victims all over the country. My how they would must feel hearing the celebrations and laughter from people having just "knifed" someone? This has become somewhat infantile and bordering on ridiculous. Again i apologise for using the term "poofta". I will not use it again on the forums

Keep up the crusade guys, oh and girls, least I offend women by not identifying them as an individual entity.
    I honestly can't even.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information