Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Death of GG4

Casual Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Overall activity: 6.0%

DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] DirtyDeeds     $ 50.00

The Death of GG4

Hello everyone,

What has happened to GG4?....Has it died a slow death?

I ask because everytime I go to play there recently, there is only a handful of players - and none of the usual crew.

I'm the first to admit that I am not playing as much as I used to either but where is everyone else?

And why have they left?

And what is going to be done to attract players back?

Or do we start writing the obituary???

A concerned Dirty.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DirtyDeeds For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    SpOOn has a spectacular aura about SpOOn has a spectacular aura about SpOOn has a spectacular aura about SpOOn's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] SpOOn     $ 0.00
    adds mean $$ for DTK
    donations mean $$ for DTK

what are your thoughts on people making donations in order to bypass the add wait times?
    is something like this possible?

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Overall activity: 7.0%

BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SpOOn View Post
    adds mean $$ for DTK
    donations mean $$ for DTK

what are your thoughts on people making donations in order to bypass the add wait times?
    is something like this possible?
    Definitely is I wonder how much we would have to donate monthly to pay for server/server maintenance, I am willing to contribute monthly if that means getting rid of the ad...maybe we should do a poll or something

Casual Member
    SpOOn has a spectacular aura about SpOOn has a spectacular aura about SpOOn has a spectacular aura about SpOOn's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] SpOOn     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDel View Post
    Definitely is I wonder how much we would have to donate monthly to pay for server/server maintenance, I am willing to contribute monthly if that means getting rid of the ad...maybe we should do a poll or something
    the add wont be removed.
    i meant that if people donate X amount of money for the specific reason of bypassing that add for X amount of time, call it VIP or whatever. still obviously have the add going for people who dont want to doante, therfore have to watch the add, therfore $$ for DTK

i dont know if it is possible, or how much 1 full add watched by a player is worth to DTK but if it turns out to be a money winner then why not

Casual Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 12
    heretostalk will become famous soon enough heretostalk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] heretostalk     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDel View Post
    I think the problem with a poll is that lots of people would tick "yes" and then never donate or just disappear. Could do something like Kickstarter where there's a target to reach but I think without getting money upfront, it's optimistic to think a poll result is accurate.

BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel has a reputation beyond repute BigDel's Avatar
    Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SpOOn View Post
    the add wont be removed.
    i meant that if people donate X amount of money for the specific reason of bypassing that add for X amount of time, call it VIP or whatever. still obviously have the add going for people who dont want to doante, therfore have to watch the add, therfore $$ for DTK

i dont know if it is possible, or how much 1 full add watched by a player is worth to DTK but if it turns out to be a money winner then why not

i like the VIP idea

You donate x amount of money monthly no ads...not sure if its doable or not...every1 else that doesnt has to watch it

The Cycle Must Continue
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Synthetic     $ 35.00
    I believe Squall said something somewhere that Pinion donations only pay every 90 days or so, so to get rid of Pinion ad, we'd need something like 2-3 months worth of donations? Don't quote me on that though.
    The ads I don't really have an issue with, since I can't donate, I don't mind sitting through them since it means it's my little way of donating I guess.
    Come Join us and play on the DtK Zombie Server! 45.121.211.55:27058

Thanks Stormy for the amazing sig <3

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    that awkward moment when you are stuck on this screen :P http://i.imgur.com/OG7CYp9.png

10. The Following User Says Thank You to button For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF's Avatar
    Total Donations For

kingEOFFF     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by button View Post
    that awkward moment when you are stuck on this screen :P http://i.imgur.com/OG7CYp9.png
    Where do I sign up to receive this?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingEOFFF For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    pigdog is on a distinguished road pigdog's Avatar
    Total Donations For

pigdog     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by button View Post
    I think if there were some way of shortening the Pinion wait time a bit, that would help
    i think you have it in one button a lot of dtk regulars are playing on streamline and it's not that scoure is dying it's because gg players like quick fun games waiting for nearly a minute before you get into the game gives you time to look at other servers and that's where the problem lies appx every 5 minutes you have to wait for nearly a minute before anything happens the wait time seems to be longer the last couple of weeks and i might be wrong but thats about when gg4 started getting a little quiet

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    RonSwanson will become famous soon enough RonSwanson's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RonSwanson     $ 0.00
    I'd tolerate the ad if there were more people online earlier. Only just though, it's pretty bad.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    RonSwanson will become famous soon enough RonSwanson's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RonSwanson     $ 0.00
    I waited for 30 seconds for the ad, then the map changed, waited another 30 seconds for the ad again, then it bugged out and blocked my screen.

♥♥♥♥ this. Way to ruin the community whoever the retarded first year business student whose idea this was is.

Suggestion: Zip all the files with the maps and stats and settings and upload them on here and I'll find someone who isn't so destitute to host them.
    Last edited by RonSwanson; 13-06-13 at 01:19 PM.

GG Has been

Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud has a reputation beyond repute Drunk Gamer Dud's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Drunk Gamer Dud     $ 10.00
    + 1 for the "VIP" method. Set the price so that if you pay X up front, you get X days/months with no ads. This ends up being a win win as DtK gets more money if that player doesnt play much and if that player does play a lot DtK gets the servers populated consistently by that player AND still gets money for them doing so. Everyone else watches the ads.

Global Admin
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Bruce     $ 0.00
    Approach lotto for donation, approach local government member, approach local business/charities etc. You be surprised what people will do, if they are seen to provide to such a community as this to keep youth off the street, out of trouble. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Banned
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman's Avatar
    Total Donations For

meowman     $ 0.00
    i had a big post written up and was going to post and then i realised... i just don't care anymore

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317

button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button has a reputation beyond repute button's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] button     $ 50.00
    The ad went from 3 seconds to 30 seconds, now it's at 60 seconds

while the dust server has a 6 second ad

yep, I'm done too

20. The Following User Says Thank You to button For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

BigDel     $ 50.00
    Maybe the donations are dropping...maybe dd2 ppl donate more as compared to gg..maybe dd2 server is always full hence more nos so overall it may generate the same as gg waiting for 30-60s

At the end of the day we play for free I'd like to see those VIP accounts

Casual Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 12
    heretostalk will become famous soon enough heretostalk's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] heretostalk     $ 0.00
    Making a server that is already struggling wait for longer to play is definitely not a rational solution and one that I hope isn't actually in place.

It is allegedly based on internet connection anyway. I still end up having to wait for extra time after the ad finishes playing though, so I have nfi what's up with that.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to heretostalk For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 296

Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch has a reputation beyond repute Mitch's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Mitch     $ 10.00
    Good job killing one of dtk's strongest servers!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitch For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman's Avatar
    Total Donations For

meowman     $ 0.00
    i thing the biggest question of all is... what is mircan going to do with all his free time?

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 99

Bumbim will become famous soon enough Bumbim's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Bumbim     $ 10.00
    hope this will happen... someday
    -no adds
    -no sticky nades
    -bring back warm up round
    -more maps
    -voting starts at the end of round

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Bumbim For This Useful Post: