View Poll Results: Which do you reckon would be best for the server?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • You can run but you can't hide!

6 20.69%
  • Not so Last Request

5 17.24%
  • FuAK It, rounds over

8 27.59%
  • Doesn't Need to be changed

10 34.48%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Vote]Do you even delay Bro?

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Assassin     $ 40.00

[Vote]Do you even delay Bro?

Do you even delay Bro?

Hey Guys,
    After careful consideration of Goose's thread about long rounds on JB, we are here to propose some ideas, and i'm sorry to say, that there will be no bacon on JB in the near future. This is the time that we as JB admins come to you, asking for your oppinions on what you would like to see on the server, so please read through the options carefully and written feedback would be wonderful. I don't want people coming to us in 3 months time saying how this idea was stupid, if you didn't contribute ideas during this stage, we don't want to hear it. We need peoples feedback, that is how Jailbreak works. Please remember, that we wan't to keep the same aspects of JB that we all love, we don't want it getting to far fetched, so keep that im mind when voting.

Here are the options that we propose...

You can run but you can't hide!
    This means that after a certain timer, both CT's and T's will have radar (Map) vision of their enemies. This will work like the normal map, but instead of being within vision of the enemy, you can still see them.

Not so Last Request
    After a certain time, Last Request will be activated for all alive Terrorists. This will work like a normal LR.

FuAK It, rounds over
    All alive players are given AK47's.

We are working on around a 8 minute timer for these events to trigger, shorter? longer? just right?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated,
    On behalf of the admin team, thank you for your time.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Assassin For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    and i'm sorry to say, that there will be no bacon on JB in the near future.

What a let down.

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 0%

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    timer should be 10 minutes, i think... and i vote for these 2

You can run but you can't hide!
    This means that after a certain timer, both CT's and T's will have radar (Map) vision of their enemies. This will work like the normal map, but instead of being within vision of the enemy, you can still see them.

Not so Last Request
    After a certain time, Last Request will be activated for all alive Terrorists. This will work like a normal LR.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Cody2G     $ 10.00
    The Map, gives the Advantage, instead of aks.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 142
    StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] StiCoN     $ 0.00
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo no bacon!!!

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 75
    conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq is a splendid one to behold conq's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] conq     $ 0.00
    i vote for none of the above.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conq For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    Quote Originally Posted by conq View Post
    i vote for none of the above.
    Why?

Of the 3 options I think 'Not so last request' is better then the other 2. This can stop the slow CT's and end a really long rounds. Also if the round is long but still good then the T's might not lr and just continue on.

8 minutes seems about right, however after playing and recording round times for a bit you could easily find out the perfect time.

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00
    Why would you alter JB?
    Your solution lies in better education of how wardens should be, rather than saying 'time is up, everyone can LR'. Thats just a cop-out way of managing the round.
    If anything, it should be the first option ONLY, and even that isnt necessary.

Also 3 is a horrid option if this server is to remain a 'roleplay' game style.

I appreciate you trying to do things, but the best way is to educate the players, rather than establish parameters around them.
    TopCats Rebelling Guide + Seargent_Stoners Wardening Guide + Mellows Guard Guide
    Processor: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.5GHz w\ Corsair H55 liquid cooling
    Graphics: 2GB ASUS GTX-670
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz
    Monitor: LG 120Hz 3D W2363D
    SSD: 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
    HDD: WD Caviar Green 500GB

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 272

TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101's Avatar
    Total Donations For

TomiHU101     $ 22.00
    In my honest opinion.

The map one is a bit silly, I mean, that still doesn't give an exact location and doesn't always get rid of the hidder if they are in a secret area or something...

The LR one's also silly as once all T's can LR, everything turns into mayhem, constant LR's rebeling T's and so on. Maybe if they were forced to LR?

The AK one's more fair as after that time limit, if the CT hasn't done much/anything, then it's fair that they can get that chance to rebel and get the round over and done with. But on the other hand, what if the warden was in the middle of a minigame and that came on? Wouldn't really be fair. Honestly, I'd say that the round should be around 10 minutes to give sufficient time for the warden to have minigames and to sort out the T's as transporting T's to one side of the map can take up to 2 minutes sometimes. 8 minutes seems a bit short....

Also, maybe instead of a deffinate timer, maybe have a CT/T vote to see if it's needed? Maybe there's great warden who's playing a minigame but that minigames take a while to get players there, aswell as getting the minigame ready..

Seems a tad controling.

Some old guy
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Rowdy     $ 55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_TopCat View Post
    Why would you alter JB?
    Your solution lies in better education of how wardens should be, rather than saying 'time is up, everyone can LR'. Thats just a cop-out way of managing the round.
    If anything, it should be the first option ONLY, and even that isnt necessary.

Also 3 is a horrid option if this server is to remain a 'roleplay' game style.

I appreciate you trying to do things, but the best way is to educate the players, rather than establish parameters around them.

Yes the best way is for everyone to be magically great at the game, but we have to be realistic, its not an easy task to teach people, when they don't care.
    aeGis.|DtK|
    GeeSix K.r.o.n.i.c Octave Pand3mic ReNji Rowdy

CPU: intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H70 liquid cooler with single Scythe GT
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz 16GB (2x8GB)
    GPU: Gigabyte 1080 G1 8GB
    Board: AsRock Z270 Pro 4
    SSD: 1x840EVO 120GB, 1x850EVO 120GB, 1x LITEON 250GB
    HDD: 2x WD Caviar blacks 1TB in Raid 0
    PSU: Seasonic X-1050 80Plus Gold 1050W
    Case: Corsair 600T Black
    Mouse: Steelseries Rival 600 + SteelSeries Prism Pad
    Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB TKL (Cherry Red)
    Headset:SteelSeries Arctis 5

Monitors: BenQ XL2430T 24in LED 144Hz + Samsung 24" LED
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rowdy For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Mulface is a name known to all Mulface is a name known to all Mulface is a name known to all Mulface is a name known to all Mulface is a name known to all Mulface is a name known to all Mulface's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Mulface     $ 0.00
    I agree with tc and conq. People should get better. If the round is going much to long Cts should realise that people are waiting and end the round asap for example a trivia or quick race. For the argument that Cts dont realise, normally there is an alive T to tell the ct to hurry up, or every dead t is raging at them on steam or typing timeleft to display there anger. (its what i do). Also i think 8 mins is far to short. Alot of the mini games such as climb or behop take longer then that when theres no one good on. And what about freedays either for ppl or the whole team how is that gonna work.
    Sorry to be a downer but thats what i think.
    Play better and you wont have to wait.

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    I don't really like this idea in my opinion. Kinda gets rid of the original JB feel.
    Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firtvid20 For This Useful Post:

Force Master
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Dean     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by firtvid20 View Post
    I don't really like this idea in my opinion. Kinda gets rid of the original JB feel.
    thats alright we are just suggesting things. Feedback is great guys thanks .
    Requirements for Joining DTK [HERE]

DTK Application Form [HERE]

Nominate somone for Promotion [HERE]

Find all current DTK servers [HERE]

DONATE TO DTK [HERE]

JOIN ALL THE STEAM GROUPS!! [HERE]

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dean For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin has a reputation beyond repute Assassin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Assassin     $ 40.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    thats alright we are just suggesting things. Feedback is great guys thanks .
    Dean would have wrote his own post, but even then, he still wouldn't of written it

[KEA]
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Mr. Purplicious     $ 0.00
    Maybe you can trial each for a number of days, and get opinions from players/admins on what their thoughts are regarding the actual implementation of these ideas. That way you have hands on knowledge of how they affect the gameplay.
    [/LEFT]
    [/RIGHT]

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Purplicious For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose has a reputation beyond repute Goose's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Goose     $ 160.00
    It seems some people think this will change JB altogether. I take it, as stopping crazy long rounds that are the worst thing is the world for JB, if any of these are implemented, it would be rare enough that they even get used. We just need some way of tackling the monsters..

[KEA]
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Purplicious's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Mr. Purplicious     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    It seems some people think this will change JB altogether. I take it, as stopping crazy long rounds that are the worst thing is the world for JB, if any of these are implemented, it would be rare enough that they even get used. We just need some way of tackling the monsters..
    You aint got nothing on Reaper. 40 minute whats for dinner round.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Purplicious For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 190

Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak has a reputation beyond repute Zororak's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Zororak     $ 15.00
    I say we have a ct camp on another server. Cts don't know what they are doing so they need to be educated. Even the white list has been changed because it's "too hard" the white list is there so only people who know the rules can CT. Passing the test doesn't prove anything apart from they read the rules. Do a CT boot camp. Once a week, people who want to be ct have to attend and pass the in game test so it's a physical test too. Instead of killing everyone, make an effort to train them. Maybe admin can train and they have a boot camp roster.

Want to make a distance fading spray? Follow my easy to follow tutorial here and leave a reply to let me know if it worked =D.
    Jailbreak stuff
    STV Demo download | Rules and Guides | Whitelist Test and Results.

Connect to Jailbreak here!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zororak For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 743

Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Frendy     $ 20.00
    Personally, i loved the moments in jb where you would get 1 rouge dude come in and just spray down a whole heap of T's, i actually laughed so hard.

as for the suggestions on the "delaying" i dont play jb very often anymore so i can really make a judgement but i can say that i would implement the one that would LEAST effect game play, because lets face it, not EVERYONE delays rounds. another thing IMO to remember is that you are saying (well from what i can see, goose is saying) that it WONT effect game play, ofc it will, any new item or system will effect game play.

My views on the whole thing

Force Master
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Dean     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Frendy View Post
    Personally, i loved the moments in jb where you would get 1 rouge dude come in and just spray down a whole heap of T's, i actually laughed so hard.

as for the suggestions on the "delaying" i dont play jb very often anymore so i can really make a judgement but i can say that i would implement the one that would LEAST effect game play, because lets face it, not EVERYONE delays rounds. another thing IMO to remember is that you are saying (well from what i can see, goose is saying) that it WONT effect game play, ofc it will, any new item or system will effect game play.

My views on the whole thing
    Lol gota love laughing at the freekillers while you ban them . I personally think the radar would be a good idea because it would affect gameplay the least . And frendy some of the people playing these days are alot more clueless then the olden ages :P so we have to find ways to keep them on track. Also Zoro thanks for the suggestion mate i will think about adding a physical test to torture all them noobies .

GLHF

Closed Thread

Thread Information