Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00

Post DtK Development Team

Dear DtK Community,

We are now looking for members interested in joining DtK's Development Team.

What is DtK Development Team?:
    This will be a group of dedicated DtK members collaborating on projects aimed at improving and making the overall experience on DtK servers more fun. Examples include ; creating maps, custom skins/models, mods/plugins, graphics,etc.

Who we are looking for?:
    -Mappers
    -Skinners/modelers
    -Modders
    -Graphic Designers
    -Music/Sound editors,composers,etc (broad area but basically people can who can edit/remix music for the servers e.g quake sounds - headshot, monsterkill, humiliation)
    - Video Editors (creating frag movies, server promotion videos etc)

Requirements for joining:
    You do not have to be an expert at the above mentioned roles to be considered for DT. You could be a beginner but you must be dedicated and willing to learn. Inactive members may be removed from the team.

How will this Development Team operate?:
    While participation in majority of the projects will be voluntary. DT members will be expected to fulfill needs of DtK Server's in terms of custom content (e.g maps,sounds,skins,etc). DT members will have a dedicated public forum section (current Graphics and Mappers corner will be modified into a DT section), they will also get access to a private forum subsection to be used for discussion and collaboration purposes. Server admins will be able to request custom content from these sections. The development team will be given access to a test server with FTP access to test any of the projects they may be working on.

Who's in charge?:

This division will be led and managed by none other than the super talented mapper/modder imthenewguy . With his guidance and supervision, I am sure we can expect great things to be produced by this team. Additionally , there will be a mentor assigned to each of the areas mentioned above. These mentors will be holding workshops, providing tips/guidance to members of the team.

Mentors:
    -Mapping: imthenewguy
    -skinning/modeling: to be filled
    -Modding/plugins: Squall (temp)
    -Graphics Design: to be filled
    -Music/Sound: to be filled.
    -Video editing: to be filled

Development Team forum moderators:
    imthenewguy,TC_topcat

How to join?:
    To express interest in joining, click here: http://www.dying2kill.com.au/threads...-Sign-up-sheet

Cheers.
    Last edited by Squall; 20-01-13 at 05:34 PM.

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    Wow interesting. Good luck on your new team imthenwguy.
    If I were up for joining I'd probably be in sound - one of my favorite little hobbies I have
    Also maybe you should add a position for video editing, if that counts.
    Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by firtvid20 View Post
    Also maybe you should add a position for video editing, if that counts.
    Knew i missed something!

Force Master
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean has a reputation beyond repute Dean's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Dean     $ 0.00
    I participate in the DTK mapping team but i dont really do any of those things i just suggest stuff and make sure the maps r fine for the server. Will SA's of the server have access to seeing whats going on in the section??
    Requirements for Joining DTK [HERE]

DTK Application Form [HERE]

Nominate somone for Promotion [HERE]

Find all current DTK servers [HERE]

DONATE TO DTK [HERE]

JOIN ALL THE STEAM GROUPS!! [HERE]

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!

Rustlin' Jimmies since 93'
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez has much to be proud of Stormynitez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Stormynitez     $ 0.00
    Ill do the graphics.

Fellowship of the Ducks

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    I participate in the DTK mapping team but i dont really do any of those things i just suggest stuff and make sure the maps r fine for the server. Will SA's of the server have access to seeing whats going on in the section??
    Yes, as mentioned in the OP, server admins will be able to request custom content from the DT in their private section.

Also regarding community involvement and ideas as brought up by Mellow, there will be a public section where all members can share ideas, give suggestions, provide feedback to the Development Team.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 527
    Rebellium has a reputation beyond repute Rebellium has a reputation beyond repute Rebellium has a reputation beyond repute Rebellium has a reputation beyond repute Rebellium has a reputation beyond repute Rebellium has a reputation beyond repute Rebellium has a reputation beyond repute Rebellium has a reputation beyond repute Rebellium has a reputation beyond repute Rebellium has a reputation beyond repute Rebellium has a reputation beyond repute Rebellium's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Rebellium     $ 0.00
    We should have a cheerleading squad me and finch
    Press Ctrl+F , type in '9' For Special Message
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Rebellium11

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebellium For This Useful Post:

DTK Meth Lab Owner
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 658

Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Jetpackin     $ 51.38
    I fixed many maps for that silly tyrant, not mentioning any names, **cough**dean**cough**, and i have a few of my own made maps. Heres one of my maps thats on the jb rotation: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4i3smpjlhgvkmpl
    I've only been mapping for about 8 months but in this time ive grown quite familiar with source sdk and such, would love to be on the mapping team
    Jetpackin': wtf weirdo
    Illumifarti: thats wot the doctor said wen u were born
    Illumifarti: OOO
    Jetpackin': hahahaha
    Jetpackin': the doctor put u on the registered pedophiles list as soon as he saw ur face

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jetpackin For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G has a reputation beyond repute Cody2G's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Cody2G     $ 10.00
    I can do graphics design really well, +1 intrest here.

I've done some basic mapping in SDK, and willing to learn if taught
    Last edited by Cody2G; 19-01-13 at 02:20 PM.

rage Killer^
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 163

andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid has a reputation beyond repute andr0iid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] andr0iid     $ 30.00
    Pretty sure everyone knows what I'm going for lol

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00
    Thnx for mod.

Can it be worth mentioning that cos the forum is private, the content thats in there should be private too?
    So if you are luckly enough to be involved on one of the teams, the info there is confidential and not to be released unless the project lead says its ok?

Also to all: dont be put off by no experience. I am on the map team and have 0 experience with hammer. Newie is a great bloke to learn from.
    Other idea: Newie, why dont you move those hammer guides into this new section as a sort of 'induction'. that way we can be sure all newcomers begin on the same page .
    TopCats Rebelling Guide + Seargent_Stoners Wardening Guide + Mellows Guard Guide
    Processor: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.5GHz w\ Corsair H55 liquid cooling
    Graphics: 2GB ASUS GTX-670
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz
    Monitor: LG 120Hz 3D W2363D
    SSD: 120GB Corsair Force Series 3
    HDD: WD Caviar Green 500GB

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

Ballon D'or Winner.
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 228
    ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB has a reputation beyond repute ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] ELITE_PWNAGE_NUB     $ 0.00
    AMGGG just saw that there is a dtk video editing team. I loveee editing, already made one dtk promo for our server change for zombies. Wasn't my best work though :P

regs is toy >;)
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Loading... will become famous soon enough Loading... will become famous soon enough Loading...'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Loading...     $ 10.00
    i would love to be on the mapping team, i think i would be able to learn heaps of new stuff from ImTheNewGuy and jetpackin etc...
    Still Loading...

Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX 8120 3.2ghz
    CPU Cooler: Hyper TX3 evo
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengence 2x4GB
    HDD: 1TB WD caviar blue
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 650 TI 2GB OC (overclocked)
    Monitor: 27" LED LCD something
    Case: BitFenix Shinobi black gaming case with window
    PSU:CoolerMaster 725W extreme II
    O/S: Windows 7 Ultimate (thanks piratebay)

Flying Chicken
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 43

Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy has much to be proud of Davey_Boy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Davey_Boy     $ 5.00
    I express interest in mapping and modding.

I have a fair amount of experience in mapping. I wouldn't call myself fantastic by any means, as I am still learning, but I am getting better. I'm currently working on quite a few CS:GO GG maps.

I have very little to no experience in modding, however I am very willing to learn, and I believe myself able as I have programming skills.
    JOIN GG13 - CS:GO GunGame DM at: 119.252.190.39:27037

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 29
    STR4Z has much to be proud of STR4Z has much to be proud of STR4Z has much to be proud of STR4Z has much to be proud of STR4Z has much to be proud of STR4Z has much to be proud of STR4Z has much to be proud of STR4Z has much to be proud of STR4Z has much to be proud of STR4Z's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] STR4Z     $ 0.00
    i can only do graphic design one :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 455

Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting has a reputation beyond repute Knitting's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Knitting     $ 283.46
    I think this is really clever idea. Something else that puts DTK ahead of the pack.
    Well done.
    [SIGPIC]IMG]http://www.dying2kill.com.au/signaturepics/sigpic418_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Knitting For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    My lord..Didn't expect this much interest so quickly haha.

TO cover a few things mentioned above (6 hours sleep really puts you behind the game!):
    • I am more than happy to teach people how to map, script and some basic modelling (through hammer) as I have had A LOT of experience.
    • I also that agree that the community can bring some great ideas to the dev team, but there is such thing as too many ideas when it comes to creating a project. The public thread would be the best way to combat that.
    • Video editing would be an amazing skill. I would personally use you for creating tutorials and previews to our maps for release.
    • In regards to the hammer guides TC, I believe Squall is adjusting the entire section into the Dev team so they should come across with it.

I also believe it would be a good idea to appoint team leaders (not officially ranked) for some of the more experienced devs (in their area of expertise) so multiple projects can be in development at all times.
    This would be dominated by any big project that we are working on, but spare time projects like gun game maps, mini game maps, prefabs etc are always encouraged.

All in all I am very happy that this is coming into fruition and I cannot wait for this to start up.

Oh and a big thank you to Squall for bringing this to life!

Cheers.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

DtK Council
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 498

F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger has a reputation beyond repute F. Krueger's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [FM] F. Krueger     $ 125.00
    What a great idea guys. Got me all excited thinking about what I could do.
    Maybe get some more Quake sounds mixed up with some fresh Dub.

Alley Cat
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat has a reputation beyond repute TC_TopCat's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] TC_TopCat     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Krueger View Post
    Do you go here? lol

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TC_TopCat For This Useful Post:

Veteran Knitter
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz has much to be proud of Droolz's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Droolz     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Krueger View Post
    That's what I was thinking! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    The only thing Droolz could be president of is the Sydney Mardi Gras parade.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Droolz For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 244

Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados has a reputation beyond repute Gyarados's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Gyarados     $ 60.00
    I would love to help. As most of you will have seen I am a very active GFX member. I can also edit videos but mainly gfx. Being a DT in dtk would be an amazing honour and I would love to fill GFX or video editing. (as said before gfx is my higher priority) When will we find out who is in and such? My willingness to learn is endless... I take advice from everyone who has suggested it:
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptic.conviction View Post
    Your spray are quite good applejack, but imo it wouldn't hurt to throw some creativity towards the far parts of your spray.... Maybe some flare in the way they're names are shown.... From my experience people like unique and individual styles .... Just food for thought :P
    A link for all the sprays i have ever made is down in my signature but here are 2 of my favorites:

Last edited by Gyarados; 19-01-13 at 06:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information