+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Halo 4 sucks

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 0%
    Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00

Halo 4 sucks

Well Halo 4 ♥♥♥♥ing sucks. And I'm going to explain why I think so, If you disagree with anything I've said, please tell me why, don't just flame me like a retarded 13 yr old internet troll.

I'm just going to write what's on my mind in no particular order.

Campaign:

- For some reason we're fighting the covenant again after making a truce with them in Halo 3. No explanation is given as to why. Cortana just remarks "a lot can happen in 4 years I guess". Wow, great story telling 343.

- The covenant are also fighting alongside the new race called the Prometheans. It is not explained what the covenants motive is for working with the prometheans but like my last point, we're expected to "just go with it"

- Only 8 levels long: I kid you not, took me 4 hours and 48 minutes on my first playthrough to beat this game on normal. And that was exploring the environment as well, I sure as hell wasn't going for a speed run or anything, I like to enjoy the game and story the first time through. Less than 5 hours long to beat a game I've waited 5 years for? Bullshit.

- The soundtrack: If you love Halo, odds are one of the reasons is because of the epicly beautiful soundtrack. If you've played Halo 2, 3, ODST and even Reach you'll know what I'm talking about. It was really compelling. It drew you into the game and helped build on the atmosphere. Well not here. The absence of Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori is really obvious. The whole way through the game something always feels missing. It really takes the "halo feel" away from it.

- The Prometheans: This is just personal opinion but the new enemies are just shit. Boring to fight and you have their tactics and behaviours figured out by the second level. During the later levels they just become incredibly tedious and tiring to fight.

Multiplayer:

I don't even know where to start. It is so laughably horrible. Well it's not actually laughable, it's infuriating. Because these ♥♥♥♥s have ruined my favourite game series. So many elements have been taken from COD it's sickening. Perks, sprinting, kill cams, weapon camo's, ordnance drops (care packages). The weapons are also ♥♥♥♥ed. Does not play like a halo game should. The Battle Rifle is stupidly overpowered, if you have one you're pretty much going to dominate the game. The hit detection is just pure shit and bullets seem to hit you even if they are being fired 3-4 inches either side of you. On top of that you also take alot less damage now. It only takes about 3-4 shots to kill you.

All in all it just feels misguided and unpolished. I'm really disappointed with how this turned out. I've been playing Halo since I was 11 years old, owned all the games and loved them to pieces. This is not worthy of the Halo title and 343i have really screwed the pooch on this one.
    Last edited by Liarma; 07-11-12 at 08:35 AM.
    Corsair 650D, ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, 2x Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI , Intel i7 2600K 4.6GHz, 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866MHz, OCZ 120GB SSD, 2x 2TB HDD, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair HX-1000W.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liarma For This Useful Post:

Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTankMan View Post
    Ok so I would just like to say I was confused at the layout of Halo 4 but after a while it is growing on me. It isn't really anything like CoD. Still haven't finished campaign but have done 1 mission with friends on legendary. I would just like to say 343 did an amazing thing with the T-bagging hologram. There are parts I don't like but what really make me love this game is the gameplay and the graphics. So for my first post I was a "No you can't say that" but it has grown on me and I agree on some of your argument but you to compare this to CoD, it isn't anything like CoD.
    The graphics aren't really that great. They use a lot of "lights and mirrors" tricks to make the graphics look good. a lot of the banshies and phantoms you see flying around in the sky in mission 5 are all pre-rendered and the huge mountains and everything you see off in the distance are all low-res backdrops, none of that is actually rendered at all. Zoom into a montain off in the "distance" and you'll see what I mean. It goes all blurry with a 5x zoom of a DMR which is really quite bad.

And I don't really know how you can say it isn't anything like COD, because it is ALOT like COD. Go back and play Halo 3/Reach then MW3 and then Halo 4, tell me what the game feels most like playing. I've already listed in my OP what makes it like COD so I'm not going to repeat myself.

Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by LiMiT View Post
    Since when did a care package give you a choice of 3 balanced weapons or power ups? I don't see the comparison to an ordnance drop.
    How can you not see the comparison? Upon a kill streak you are awarded with something that allows you to continue dominating, just like a care package in COD. And the Needler, SAW, Rocket Launcher are definitely not balanced weapons.

Underground
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 186
    LiMiT is just really nice LiMiT is just really nice LiMiT is just really nice LiMiT is just really nice LiMiT is just really nice LiMiT's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] LiMiT     $ 0.00
    How are those weapons not balanced you cant fire the Needler or SAW at long range and expect to get a kill so they make up for damage at close range. Also they can be taken out easily with a DMR, Battle rifle or another precision weapon. I haven't got the Rocket Launcher in a drop yet but it has only 4 shots? and you again have to be at close/mid range to kill someone with it, you can easily counter it.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    At the end of the day, they are a company and want to maximize profits (wouldn't you?) and they have altered the game to appeal to more people than just the fans, hence why it may seem "broken" or "CoD" like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Complex1ty For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 477
    shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12's Avatar
    Total Donations For

shadowsl4yer12     $ 0.00
    all game companies copy eachother its how they keep the franchise going you cant just have the same features each game with dif maps and story, people will get bored after playing each map and the campaign at least twice
    forge: wider range of building and easier to use
    multiplayer: a wider armory of weapons, armor, maps, vehicles, maps and playlists
    theatre: cant really do anything more
    spartan ops: much better than firefight with new missions i think each week and much more detail put into it
    campaign: it may be short but its meant to emerse you more with the characters emotions and feelings

i think halo 4 is a great game it has a couple little issues but they are not anything major

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 357

cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] cryptic.conviction     $ 70.00
    i thought halo 4 was amazing
    graphics was awesome (cause i was looking where i was supposed to... not zooming into the... distance... not sure why you care about the stuff in the background)and even if they did use some smoke and mirror tricks... looks good to me... -_-
    soundtrack was awesome! finally got rid of that gameboy sounding effects and what not..

campaign... was good not to play through another bungie formulaeted mission set... at least we got to see something new... and although it only took a small amount of time on normal, half the fun is doing it on a harder difficulty...

and i thought the multiplayer was really good too... cause of what i played(maybe an hour or so worth)... it wasnt really hard becuase some random had played 400,000 hours and just uses all the best stuff when everyone else is just startign out... when i played bf3 multiplayer.. that happened every game.. was just stupid...

anyway, that is just my opinion.... and its probably becuase i dont really care about the why (campaign questions) or small things like intricate story details (if your looking for a good story im not sure looking to halo is the best place) but then again i never payed close enough attention to the stories.. i just played the games and enjoyed cause it was fun to shoot stuff...... ^_^

and although i think all that... i also believe your opinion is shared among avid halo fans... a friend of mine that is a major fan and gets into the story and all the lore and all that stuff has the same opinion of h4 as you...

they cant please everyone...

Banned
    shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by cryptic.conviction View Post
    i thought halo 4 was amazing
    graphics was awesome (cause i was looking where i was supposed to... not zooming into the... distance... not sure why you care about the stuff in the background)and even if they did use some smoke and mirror tricks... looks good to me... -_-
    soundtrack was awesome! finally got rid of that gameboy sounding effects and what not..

campaign... was good not to play through another bungie formulaeted mission set... at least we got to see something new... and although it only took a small amount of time on normal, half the fun is doing it on a harder difficulty...

and i thought the multiplayer was really good too... cause of what i played(maybe an hour or so worth)... it wasnt really hard becuase some random had played 400,000 hours and just uses all the best stuff when everyone else is just startign out... when i played bf3 multiplayer.. that happened every game.. was just stupid...

anyway, that is just my opinion.... and its probably becuase i dont really care about the why (campaign questions) or small things like intricate story details (if your looking for a good story im not sure looking to halo is the best place) but then again i never payed close enough attention to the stories.. i just played the games and enjoyed cause it was fun to shoot stuff...... ^_^

and although i think all that... i also believe your opinion is shared among avid halo fans... a friend of mine that is a major fan and gets into the story and all the lore and all that stuff has the same opinion of h4 as you...

they cant please everyone...
    yeah i agree but campaign wise that is what draws and appeals the fans the most the fact that over the past years they have tried there best to emerse people and make people actually feel while playing about the story of master chief and cortana
    as halo is voted one of the best fps shooters and has one of the greatest stories
    thats why there is halo books a live action series and a movie
    the halo legends movie wasnt that good
    Halo forward unto dawn

but yeah i agree but the campaign has usually been the best

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Cammando27 is on a distinguished road Cammando27's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] Cammando27     $ 0.00
    Well I was Going to get Halo 4 but apparently it sux so i think ima give it a pass

Banned
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Cammando27 View Post
    Well I was Going to get Halo 4 but apparently it sux so i think ima give it a pass
    big mistake its 1 persons oppinion then theres like 4 other ppl saying its awesome lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowsl4yer12 For This Useful Post:

Striker No Striking
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 138
    striker114 has a spectacular aura about striker114 has a spectacular aura about striker114 has a spectacular aura about striker114's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] striker114     $ 0.00
    Halo 4 should of just kept the covenant and humans allianced. Because they could of made the forerunners a bit harder and u can side with the covenant and beat the forerunners together. But other then the story line the pvp is amazing if its the mantas t-bag or the new zombie mode with the flood

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information