+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halo 4 sucks

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 0%
    Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00

Halo 4 sucks

Well Halo 4 ♥♥♥♥ing sucks. And I'm going to explain why I think so, If you disagree with anything I've said, please tell me why, don't just flame me like a retarded 13 yr old internet troll.

I'm just going to write what's on my mind in no particular order.

Campaign:

- For some reason we're fighting the covenant again after making a truce with them in Halo 3. No explanation is given as to why. Cortana just remarks "a lot can happen in 4 years I guess". Wow, great story telling 343.

- The covenant are also fighting alongside the new race called the Prometheans. It is not explained what the covenants motive is for working with the prometheans but like my last point, we're expected to "just go with it"

- Only 8 levels long: I kid you not, took me 4 hours and 48 minutes on my first playthrough to beat this game on normal. And that was exploring the environment as well, I sure as hell wasn't going for a speed run or anything, I like to enjoy the game and story the first time through. Less than 5 hours long to beat a game I've waited 5 years for? Bullshit.

- The soundtrack: If you love Halo, odds are one of the reasons is because of the epicly beautiful soundtrack. If you've played Halo 2, 3, ODST and even Reach you'll know what I'm talking about. It was really compelling. It drew you into the game and helped build on the atmosphere. Well not here. The absence of Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori is really obvious. The whole way through the game something always feels missing. It really takes the "halo feel" away from it.

- The Prometheans: This is just personal opinion but the new enemies are just shit. Boring to fight and you have their tactics and behaviours figured out by the second level. During the later levels they just become incredibly tedious and tiring to fight.

Multiplayer:

I don't even know where to start. It is so laughably horrible. Well it's not actually laughable, it's infuriating. Because these ♥♥♥♥s have ruined my favourite game series. So many elements have been taken from COD it's sickening. Perks, sprinting, kill cams, weapon camo's, ordnance drops (care packages). The weapons are also ♥♥♥♥ed. Does not play like a halo game should. The Battle Rifle is stupidly overpowered, if you have one you're pretty much going to dominate the game. The hit detection is just pure shit and bullets seem to hit you even if they are being fired 3-4 inches either side of you. On top of that you also take alot less damage now. It only takes about 3-4 shots to kill you.

All in all it just feels misguided and unpolished. I'm really disappointed with how this turned out. I've been playing Halo since I was 11 years old, owned all the games and loved them to pieces. This is not worthy of the Halo title and 343i have really screwed the pooch on this one.
    Last edited by Liarma; 07-11-12 at 08:35 AM.
    Corsair 650D, ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, 2x Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI , Intel i7 2600K 4.6GHz, 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866MHz, OCZ 120GB SSD, 2x 2TB HDD, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair HX-1000W.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liarma For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 142
    StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] StiCoN     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Dyl Star View Post
    Yeah... Ive notice this as well Liama. Today i was thinking about Halo ODST and just how GREAT that campain was, It really drew you in from the Music the Environment to everything! It made you want to play it.

Halo 3 done the same with classic fun multiplayer everyone loved.

Halo Reach GREAT Campain and Multiplayer Bungie were moving on with the Halo Franchise and it was getting better and better.

i hated odst!! reach was okay though, havent tried halo 4 but i was really pumped for it.. then i read this, now im just kind of scared that it will be a let down like diablo 3.

Halo 4 although i haven't played it i have seen it. The Hud is almost the same as Reaches with some Cod "Bump ups"
    The guys have turned from nice classic Halo to Omg it has a little hole there and a little button there and a screen! Ooo... Sights aswell omg!
    Classes??? All i have to say ♥♥♥♥ that. You search for the good guns you learn to drops you learn the map.
    Loadouts (Jetpack etc etc) Great idea in Halo Reach but it doesn't seem polished enough anymore.

Thats what i can think of now. They are moving more towards Cod and its DISGUSTING to see.
    Im going to test the game on Friday so we will see. I can't talk about the music etc because i haven't played the game so :/
    i hated odst!! reach was okay though, havent tried halo 4 but i was really pumped for it.. then i read this, now im just kind of scared that it will be a let down like diablo 3.

Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by StiCoN View Post
    That's interesting, I thought ODST and Reach were equally great. A lot of people disliked ODST because you were weak and enemies were a lot tougher. That was precisely the point, you weren't playing as the unstoppable super solider that is the Master Chief, you're just a regular marine (well, an ODST actually, hence the name). I thought it was a great change of perspective and a refreshing change. Ha, Diablo III, don't get me started on how much of a disappointment that was.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise is a jewel in the rough Standardise's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Standardise     $ 0.00
    IMO, the Halo series peaked at Halo 3, Reach wasn't great. The load outs (sprint, energy lock, evade erc.) in Reach ruined the game. To me it felt like they were trying to appeal to the causal gamer with the addition of those things, but in doing that, it made the game hard to play and be good at it because it would drag out games for longer than they need to go for (people sprinting away from being killed, energy lock stopping them from taking damage allowing someone to assist them, evading away from enemies when they would've otherwise died). For them to have made Halo 4 without those as you say, elements from COD, it would just be Halo 3 all over again and wouldn't really have anything new.

The whole weapon situation with some weapons seeming overpowered, that will be changed with time as they update the game, you cannot expect the game to be perfectly balanced at release. The aim registration not being 100% is also something that will be improved with updates.

You also can't expect it to be completely different to COD because COD has already had a whole bunch of things that make sense to add in a FPS game (killcam, loadouts etc, ordinance etc.) to appeal to the widest range of people.

In summary, Halo 4 may not fit into the Halo series but I think that for 343 to have made Halo 4 much like the other Halo games, there would have been not much at all to add to the game.
    SMDM

Banned
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 477
    shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12's Avatar
    Total Donations For

shadowsl4yer12     $ 0.00
    halo 4 is good,
    campaign is epic in 4 years obviously the covenant truce broke
    mutliplayer is a bit meh but i like it apart from the nade spammers its a much larger game
    with much more features and advances

♥♥♥♥ the haters

The Cycle Must Continue
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic has a reputation beyond repute Synthetic's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Synthetic     $ 35.00
    To be honest, ODST was good, not great, Just good it was fun and as stated above, you were not supposed to be an unstoppable super soldier, you were supposed to be an ODST. Halo 3 was great ofc and reach tbh was also great to. I haven't bought Halo 4 yet, as I'm waiting for my brother to get it so I can play around then decide.
    Come Join us and play on the DtK Zombie Server! 45.121.211.55:27058

Thanks Stormy for the amazing sig <3

Static actually isn't Lebanese
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento has a reputation beyond repute Bento's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Bento     $ 0.00
    You guys actually expect Halo 4 the same as other games? Tell me what they could do instead of all this "crap" stuff. Please. I want to read what you guys have to say.
    KxG | Bento: i bet you want to e-date me
    KxG | Corey iz da houze ladiez.: only every day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 466

WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast's Avatar
    Total Donations For

WackTheSneakyBeast     $ 50.00
    well tho ive only got up to the part where you release tht dude from the orb and where infinity comes into play its not the best but its still good so far i love the sound the warthog makes now tho i wish there was more pistol ammo round all i need is my assalt rifle and pistol

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Darkflames007 is on a distinguished road Darkflames007's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Darkflames007     $ 0.00
    You sir are a dumb arse ok?....

It is not like playing cod in a nutshell LOL

Ordnance is not like a care package ok?

Killcam? Woopty ♥♥♥♥ing doo what if someone got a amazing stick everyone would see it!

Sure the campaign is short but it's still alright

Armor ability have been there since reach and those extra ones are fine in halo 4, if you lack the skill to out DMR or BR someone when they have a overshield the I have bad news for you buddy.

The new enemy's add a new variety also the weapons are well designed and work well!

Same as load outs they have been there since reach

343 rolled the dice and it pulled off so clearly you know jackshit

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 94

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkflames007 View Post

Killcam? Woopty ♥♥♥♥ing doo what if someone got a amazing stick everyone would see it!

Armor ability have been there since reach and those extra ones are fine in halo 4, if you lack the skill to out DMR or BR someone when they have a overshield the I have bad news for you buddy.

The new enemy's add a new variety also the weapons are well designed and work well!

can you please keep it to your opinion

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Darkflames007 is on a distinguished road Darkflames007's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Darkflames007     $ 0.00
    Could he keep his bullshit rant to him self?

I'm still lurking
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20 has a reputation beyond repute firtvid20's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] firtvid20     $ 0.00
    Could he keep his bullshit rant to him self?
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And also the OP is more of a review, not a rant.
    Ainslie Chronical. ––– DtK Jedi.

Signature needed an update. It's 2019 and I'm caught up in Sydney life and work now.
    Credit for signature drawing goes to mikimikkiichan on dA! (my sig broke, if I can find it I'll reupload it)

Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00

Ah, the flaming of a blatantly ignorant fanboy, I was wondering when this would happen. Thank you for the entertaining read.

You fail to give any proper explanation or depth to your argument, unlike I have. But somehow according to you, I remain the dumbass. Ok mate.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Liarma For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Standardise View Post
    IMO, the Halo series peaked at Halo 3, Reach wasn't great. The load outs (sprint, energy lock, evade erc.) in Reach ruined the game. To me it felt like they were trying to appeal to the causal gamer with the addition of those things, but in doing that, it made the game hard to play and be good at it because it would drag out games for longer than they need to go for (people sprinting away from being killed, energy lock stopping them from taking damage allowing someone to assist them, evading away from enemies when they would've otherwise died). For them to have made Halo 4 without those as you say, elements from COD, it would just be Halo 3 all over again and wouldn't really have anything new.

The whole weapon situation with some weapons seeming overpowered, that will be changed with time as they update the game, you cannot expect the game to be perfectly balanced at release. The aim registration not being 100% is also something that will be improved with updates.

You also can't expect it to be completely different to COD because COD has already had a whole bunch of things that make sense to add in a FPS game (killcam, loadouts etc, ordinance etc.) to appeal to the widest range of people.

In summary, Halo 4 may not fit into the Halo series but I think that for 343 to have made Halo 4 much like the other Halo games, there would have been not much at all to add to the game.
    I agree with some of what you're saying here, but the saying goes: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The main fundamentals of Halo's multiplayer has remained largely unchanged for the previous games. And thats what set it apart from everything else like COD, Battlefield etc. It was unique in it's own right. And thats what made it an especially enjoyable experience. If I wanted to play a generic shooter with no depth to it, I'd go play MW3. Thats whats so disappointing about it.

Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowsl4yer12 View Post
    halo 4 is good,
    campaign is epic in 4 years obviously the covenant truce broke
    mutliplayer is a bit meh but i like it apart from the nade spammers its a much larger game
    with much more features and advances

♥♥♥♥ the haters
    I'm not a "hater" dude. I love Halo. As I've stated previously, it is my all time favourite game series. However I'm not a biased fanboy like some others. If I was i'd be ranting about how great Halo 4 is something along the lines of "OMFG 343 DIS GAME ROOLZ TAKE MY MONEY AND USE MY BRAIN AS A TOILET YEAAHHHH HALO!!!". But no, As painful as it is, I can admit this game is a failure in comparison to all of the previous games. I'm not just "hating" on it, I'm giving valid opinions and expressions as to why I don't think its very good. I'm mores disappointed and hateful towards 343 for messing it up.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 466

WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast has a reputation beyond repute WackTheSneakyBeast's Avatar
    Total Donations For

WackTheSneakyBeast     $ 50.00
    hey is it me even when you turn the sensitivity up its still slow as ♥♥♥♥

Banned
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 320
    TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan's Avatar
    Total Donations For

TommyTankMan     $ 0.00
    Ok so I would just like to say I was confused at the layout of Halo 4 but after a while it is growing on me. It isn't really anything like CoD. Still haven't finished campaign but have done 1 mission with friends on legendary. I would just like to say 343 did an amazing thing with the T-bagging hologram. There are parts I don't like but what really make me love this game is the gameplay and the graphics. So for my first post I was a "No you can't say that" but it has grown on me and I agree on some of your argument but you to compare this to CoD, it isn't anything like CoD.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyTankMan For This Useful Post:

Underground
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 186
    LiMiT is just really nice LiMiT is just really nice LiMiT is just really nice LiMiT is just really nice LiMiT is just really nice LiMiT's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] LiMiT     $ 0.00
    Since when did a care package give you a choice of 3 balanced weapons or power ups? I don't see the comparison to an ordnance drop.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LiMiT For This Useful Post:

Banned
    shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12 has a reputation beyond repute shadowsl4yer12's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Liarma View Post
    I'm not a "hater" dude. I love Halo. As I've stated previously, it is my all time favourite game series. However I'm not a biased fanboy like some others. If I was i'd be ranting about how great Halo 4 is something along the lines of "OMFG 343 DIS GAME ROOLZ TAKE MY MONEY AND USE MY BRAIN AS A TOILET YEAAHHHH HALO!!!". But no, As painful as it is, I can admit this game is a failure in comparison to all of the previous games. I'm not just "hating" on it, I'm giving valid opinions and expressions as to why I don't think its very good. I'm mores disappointed and hateful towards 343 for messing it up.
    i know your not hating it but im just saying F the haters casually
    but yeah i see the flaws you are pointing out quite clearly but im a fanboy
    im not particulary happy with the covenant part especially the enemy elites
    DAFUUUUUUUQ!
    but i happen to like the campaign for how short it is its quite good
    but yeah i agree with most of your argument but ill always love halo games

(i even liked halo wars...)
    Last edited by shadowsl4yer12; 10-11-12 at 02:04 PM.

Banned
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTankMan View Post
    Ok so I would just like to say I was confused at the layout of Halo 4 but after a while it is growing on me. It isn't really anything like CoD. Still haven't finished campaign but have done 1 mission with friends on legendary. I would just like to say 343 did an amazing thing with the T-bagging hologram. There are parts I don't like but what really make me love this game is the gameplay and the graphics. So for my first post I was a "No you can't say that" but it has grown on me and I agree on some of your argument but you to compare this to CoD, it isn't anything like CoD.
    hahah what bout mantis the first tea bagging vehicle

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowsl4yer12 For This Useful Post:

Striker No Striking
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 138
    striker114 has a spectacular aura about striker114 has a spectacular aura about striker114 has a spectacular aura about striker114's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] striker114     $ 0.00

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information