+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halo 4 sucks

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 0%
    Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00

Halo 4 sucks

Well Halo 4 ♥♥♥♥ing sucks. And I'm going to explain why I think so, If you disagree with anything I've said, please tell me why, don't just flame me like a retarded 13 yr old internet troll.

I'm just going to write what's on my mind in no particular order.

Campaign:

- For some reason we're fighting the covenant again after making a truce with them in Halo 3. No explanation is given as to why. Cortana just remarks "a lot can happen in 4 years I guess". Wow, great story telling 343.

- The covenant are also fighting alongside the new race called the Prometheans. It is not explained what the covenants motive is for working with the prometheans but like my last point, we're expected to "just go with it"

- Only 8 levels long: I kid you not, took me 4 hours and 48 minutes on my first playthrough to beat this game on normal. And that was exploring the environment as well, I sure as hell wasn't going for a speed run or anything, I like to enjoy the game and story the first time through. Less than 5 hours long to beat a game I've waited 5 years for? Bullshit.

- The soundtrack: If you love Halo, odds are one of the reasons is because of the epicly beautiful soundtrack. If you've played Halo 2, 3, ODST and even Reach you'll know what I'm talking about. It was really compelling. It drew you into the game and helped build on the atmosphere. Well not here. The absence of Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori is really obvious. The whole way through the game something always feels missing. It really takes the "halo feel" away from it.

- The Prometheans: This is just personal opinion but the new enemies are just shit. Boring to fight and you have their tactics and behaviours figured out by the second level. During the later levels they just become incredibly tedious and tiring to fight.

Multiplayer:

I don't even know where to start. It is so laughably horrible. Well it's not actually laughable, it's infuriating. Because these ♥♥♥♥s have ruined my favourite game series. So many elements have been taken from COD it's sickening. Perks, sprinting, kill cams, weapon camo's, ordnance drops (care packages). The weapons are also ♥♥♥♥ed. Does not play like a halo game should. The Battle Rifle is stupidly overpowered, if you have one you're pretty much going to dominate the game. The hit detection is just pure shit and bullets seem to hit you even if they are being fired 3-4 inches either side of you. On top of that you also take alot less damage now. It only takes about 3-4 shots to kill you.

All in all it just feels misguided and unpolished. I'm really disappointed with how this turned out. I've been playing Halo since I was 11 years old, owned all the games and loved them to pieces. This is not worthy of the Halo title and 343i have really screwed the pooch on this one.
    Last edited by Liarma; 07-11-12 at 08:35 AM.
    Corsair 650D, ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, 2x Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI , Intel i7 2600K 4.6GHz, 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866MHz, OCZ 120GB SSD, 2x 2TB HDD, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair HX-1000W.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liarma For This Useful Post:

Some old guy
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Rowdy     $ 55.00
    tl;dr

but i have never like HALO haha
    aeGis.|DtK|
    GeeSix K.r.o.n.i.c Octave Pand3mic ReNji Rowdy

CPU: intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H70 liquid cooler with single Scythe GT
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz 16GB (2x8GB)
    GPU: Gigabyte 1080 G1 8GB
    Board: AsRock Z270 Pro 4
    SSD: 1x840EVO 120GB, 1x850EVO 120GB, 1x LITEON 250GB
    HDD: 2x WD Caviar blacks 1TB in Raid 0
    PSU: Seasonic X-1050 80Plus Gold 1050W
    Case: Corsair 600T Black
    Mouse: Steelseries Rival 600 + SteelSeries Prism Pad
    Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB TKL (Cherry Red)
    Headset:SteelSeries Arctis 5

Monitors: BenQ XL2430T 24in LED 144Hz + Samsung 24" LED
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

Banned
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 320
    TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan is a splendid one to behold TommyTankMan's Avatar
    Total Donations For

TommyTankMan     $ 0.00
    I haven't played the campaign yet. But the multiplayer is a bit different and what is so bad about a change. Sure there is killcams but really it still doesn't take you out of the experience. I love the sprinting not being a perk like reach. But everyone has there opinion. and I say change wasn't a bad thing considering 343 wanted to put some of their ideas in.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 203

mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown's Avatar
    Total Donations For

mrunknown     $ 10.00
    What where you expecting?

Banned
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 272

TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101 has a reputation beyond repute TomiHU101's Avatar
    Total Donations For

TomiHU101     $ 22.00
    That's why I didn't get it,

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

TC's gf
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Burlesque     $ 0.00
    Oh no! Please don't tell me the multiplayer is bad. I'm getting together with some friends on Monday and we are going to check out the multiplayer, so Im now intriguied as to how different i will find it to halo 3.

Im pretty crap at halo (controllers and me dont mix ) so I better find me a battle rifle!
    What ruffles your jimmys???

Started from the bottom
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute Untouchable's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Untouchable     $ 0.00
    but halo 4 had almost perfect scores from at least 10 reviews.....
    halo nerds.
    PSYKER. Unity/IPGN. play.esea.net/users/820122

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Untouchable For This Useful Post:

Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma has a reputation beyond repute Liarma's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    but halo 4 had almost perfect scores from at least 10 reviews.....
    halo nerds.
    Modern Warfare 3 also got almost perfect reviews from review sites, guess that makes it a gaming masterpiece huh?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liarma For This Useful Post:

Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTankMan View Post
    I haven't played the campaign yet. But the multiplayer is a bit different and what is so bad about a change. Sure there is killcams but really it still doesn't take you out of the experience. I love the sprinting not being a perk like reach. But everyone has there opinion. and I say change wasn't a bad thing considering 343 wanted to put some of their ideas in.
    Well lets see, change is generally bad when it makes something that was once amazing a steaming pile of hot sick.

Quote Originally Posted by mrunknown View Post
    What where you expecting?
    Well in the back of my mind I knew this was going to happen, but since I love Halo to death and it is my all time favourite series I held onto fools hope that it just might be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Burlesque View Post
    Oh no! Please don't tell me the multiplayer is bad. I'm getting together with some friends on Monday and we are going to check out the multiplayer, so Im now intriguied as to how different i will find it to halo 3.

Im pretty crap at halo (controllers and me dont mix ) so I better find me a battle rifle!
    In a nutshell it's like playing COD with Halo guns on Halo style maps.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    That's unfortunate I was planning to spend a day at my mates so we could just play Halo but if you say it's short / crap then I might re-consider :/

How did Mw3 get a perfect score :S? Worst game I've ever played.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 203

mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown has a reputation beyond repute mrunknown's Avatar
    Total Donations For

mrunknown     $ 10.00
    Dont buther getting blackops 2 brah

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 89

Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty has a reputation beyond repute Complex1ty's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Complex1ty     $ 20.00
    I was hesitant about getting Mw3 but got it anyways. It sucks. I've played about 8 hours rather than the 6 days on Black Ops and 30 on Mw2 xD It just wasn't fun.

But yeah, I won't be getting Black Ops 2. CoD Sucks.

Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex1ty View Post
    That's unfortunate I was planning to spend a day at my mates so we could just play Halo but if you say it's short / crap then I might re-consider :/

How did Mw3 get a perfect score :S? Worst game I've ever played.
    It is the worst game I've ever played also, precisely my point.

im der best at der dotaaa
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 387
    xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez has a brilliant future xxsnakeyez's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] xxsnakeyez     $ 0.00
    i'll be getting halo 4 ^_^
    cant wait
    Topcat's Guide To Getting better FPS!
    To the land of Happiness ^_^
    Come Play some surf
    #7 - Surf 119.252.190.50:27133

DTK Meth Lab Owner
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 658

Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin has a reputation beyond repute Jetpackin's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Jetpackin     $ 51.38
    I used to love playing Halo 1 lan with my brother and dad in 2006 we played it hours on end, when halo 2 came out we started playing that but just went back to halo 1
    then they took it away from us by only releasing it on their precious 'Xbox 360' then my bro moved out and we didnt play anymore after that thing with bungie, i think halo just got repetitive and boring. The only big change was ODST which wasnt that good either, microsoft are starting to favour console gaming rather then pc and it really pisses me off sometimes like games such as GTA IV, runs perfectly on consoles but absolute sheit on my computer and my computer isnt that bad.

I wish there was an alternative to Windows, Linux isnt very good with games and Mac is... Mac. I hate Microsoft.
    Jetpackin': wtf weirdo
    Illumifarti: thats wot the doctor said wen u were born
    Illumifarti: OOO
    Jetpackin': hahahaha
    Jetpackin': the doctor put u on the registered pedophiles list as soon as he saw ur face

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jetpackin For This Useful Post:

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    *Whispers to battlefield* Hey mate, now is your chance to share your awesomeness with the cod n halo cults!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to imthenewguy For This Useful Post:

asuh dude

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 304

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    hated reach's multiplayer, and just watching halo 4 gameplay pretty much set my opinion on the game

Hope they don't shut down halo 3's multiplayer anytime soon

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 583

Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit has a reputation beyond repute Nexoit's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Nexoit     $ 10.00
    Yeah... Ive notice this as well Liama. Today i was thinking about Halo ODST and just how GREAT that campain was, It really drew you in from the Music the Environment to everything! It made you want to play it.

Halo 3 done the same with classic fun multiplayer everyone loved.

Halo Reach GREAT Campain and Multiplayer Bungie were moving on with the Halo Franchise and it was getting better and better.

Halo 4 although i haven't played it i have seen it. The Hud is almost the same as Reaches with some Cod "Bump ups"
    The guys have turned from nice classic Halo to Omg it has a little hole there and a little button there and a screen! Ooo... Sights aswell omg!
    Classes??? All i have to say ♥♥♥♥ that. You search for the good guns you learn to drops you learn the map.
    Loadouts (Jetpack etc etc) Great idea in Halo Reach but it doesn't seem polished enough anymore.

Thats what i can think of now. They are moving more towards Cod and its DISGUSTING to see.
    Im going to test the game on Friday so we will see. I can't talk about the music etc because i haven't played the game so :/

[DtK] [JA] Untouchable Nexoit is my best friend so..... but I still give him shit.

[DtK] [V] PiMpAct quick lets grab eachothers diks

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 743

Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Frendy     $ 20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by imthenewguy View Post
    *Whispers to battlefield* Hey mate, now is your chance to share your awesomeness with the cod n halo cults!
    ^^^ This Guys on the money

OT: Never been a fan of Halo so yah.

Total Donations For

Liarma     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Dyl Star View Post
    Yeah... Ive notice this as well Liama. Today i was thinking about Halo ODST and just how GREAT that campain was, It really drew you in from the Music the Environment to everything! It made you want to play it.

Halo 3 done the same with classic fun multiplayer everyone loved.

Halo Reach GREAT Campain and Multiplayer Bungie were moving on with the Halo Franchise and it was getting better and better.

Halo 4 although i haven't played it i have seen it. The Hud is almost the same as Reaches with some Cod "Bump ups"
    The guys have turned from nice classic Halo to Omg it has a little hole there and a little button there and a screen! Ooo... Sights aswell omg!
    Classes??? All i have to say ♥♥♥♥ that. You search for the good guns you learn to drops you learn the map.
    Loadouts (Jetpack etc etc) Great idea in Halo Reach but it doesn't seem polished enough anymore.

Thats what i can think of now. They are moving more towards Cod and its DISGUSTING to see.
    Im going to test the game on Friday so we will see. I can't talk about the music etc because i haven't played the game so :/
    Yeah I'm pretty disappointed with it man, it's such a huge letdown.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Liarma For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information