View Poll Results: Does there need to be more admins on DTK office, Dust2 and Gungame?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 86.36%
  • No

3 13.64%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Common Hackers on DTK!!

Casual Member
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    ragne2 is on a distinguished road ragne2's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] ragne2     $ 0.00

Common Hackers on DTK!!

Im getting really really sick of all the hackers on DTK servers, its pissing me off badly, and i don't think im alone. The other day on DTK gun game there was 3 hackers on at the same time, each one of them were using aim bots walls all that kinda stuff.

So..I decided to take a demo of the hackers and i did, i then proceeded to upload it to the DTK forum so.. i uploaded the demo. BUT!!!!!!! The upload had an error message saying the upload failed, making it so you couldn't upload anything. I am getting sick of all these hackers and the fact that i cant report them straight away, usually because all the admins are offline and the vote ban isnt working like it should.

Well. Your probably asking "Whats wrong with voteban?"

1.Well.. when u try to voteban a hacker, the hacker will either leave the server making it so he doesn't get banned for the 1 hour and then he rejoins.

2.He will take the ban and come back in 1 hour and start screwing things up again.

3.Sometimes there will be the casual person that thinks there funny and say "no" to the vote ban and therefore the hacker will not be banned at all therefore RUINING EVERYTHING!.

Most times it takes maybe 20 mins to get rid of a hacker and sometimes u cant get rid of a hacker at all unless everyone leaves.

Nearly Everyday ill meet a bunch of new hackers about 3 of them, and that's only on one DTK server.None of them usually get a perm banned.

How to fix the problem?
    1.Please add more admins to your servers
    2.Fix the fault with the voteban function
    3.Fix the problem when you try to upload demo's to the forum.

Sorry admins if it seems like im just another silly member thats nagging but this is one of the biggest problems.

Admins please understand me and do this ASAP, PLEASE

Does anyone else have something to say about my post?
    And does anyone agree with what i have to say?

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    alex8039 is on a distinguished road alex8039's Avatar
    Total Donations For

alex8039     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ragne2 View Post
    Im getting really really sick of all the hackers on DTK servers, its pissing me off badly, and i don't think im alone. The other day on DTK gun game there was 3 hackers on at the same time, each one of them were using aim bots walls all that kinda stuff.

So..I decided to take a demo of the hackers and i did, i then proceeded to upload it to the DTK forum so.. i uploaded the demo. BUT!!!!!!! The upload had an error message saying the upload failed, making it so you couldn't upload anything. I am getting sick of all these hackers and the fact that i cant report them straight away, usually because all the admins are offline and the vote ban isnt working like it should.

Well. Your probably asking "Whats wrong with voteban?"

1.Well.. when u try to voteban a hacker, the hacker will either leave the server making it so he doesn't get banned for the 1 hour and then he rejoins.

2.He will take the ban and come back in 1 hour and start screwing things up again.

3.Sometimes there will be the casual person that thinks there funny and say "no" to the vote ban and therefore the hacker will not be banned at all therefore RUINING EVERYTHING!.

Most times it takes maybe 20 mins to get rid of a hacker and sometimes u cant get rid of a hacker at all unless everyone leaves.

Nearly Everyday ill meet a bunch of new hackers about 3 of them, and that's only on one DTK server.None of them usually get a perm banned.

How to fix the problem?
    1.Please add more admins to your servers
    2.Fix the fault with the voteban function
    3.Fix the problem when you try to upload demo's to the forum.

Sorry admins if it seems like im just another silly member thats nagging but this is one of the biggest problems.

Admins please understand me and do this ASAP, PLEASE

Does anyone else have something to say about my post?
    And does anyone agree with what i have to say?
    Lol also today a regular player named SevenRE got banned for one hour when most people left and hackers outnumbered him. Despite how funny it was it's kinda sad.

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    You could just upload to Mediafire, thats what majority of us use to upload demo's. The forums probably have a size restriction on the attachments.

Squall.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Yeah, well i would but i have no idea about medifire and i am assuming that you have to make a account with them, then go through this whole registration process just to upload 1 demo.
    This takes way to long and most peoples wont do this just to get rid of a hacker.
    But if there was an admin on the server it would take seconds and then everyone can go back to normal game play and be happy.

Smooth Criminal yee yeah!
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Overall activity: 47.0%

GeeSix has a reputation beyond repute GeeSix has a reputation beyond repute GeeSix has a reputation beyond repute GeeSix has a reputation beyond repute GeeSix has a reputation beyond repute GeeSix has a reputation beyond repute GeeSix has a reputation beyond repute GeeSix has a reputation beyond repute GeeSix has a reputation beyond repute GeeSix has a reputation beyond repute GeeSix has a reputation beyond repute GeeSix's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] GeeSix     $ 10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ragne2 View Post
    Yeah, well i would but i have no idea about medifire and i am assuming that you have to make a account with them, then go through this whole registration process just to upload 1 demo.
    This takes way to long and most peoples wont do this just to get rid of a hacker.
    But if there was an admin on the server it would take seconds and then everyone can go back to normal game play and be happy.
    Nope no account necessary..
    Sincerely,

[U][U][B]ff;GeeSix

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

ahk, thanks didn't know that. ill keep that in mind

LeKrez James
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    I dont know why, but i said no. I just use common sense really. If voteban/kick/mute doesn't work well i would record a demo and post it on the forums. Simple as that. If there are admins online even better they can just do the job quicker in-game.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by ragne2; 22-01-11 at 02:53 PM.

LeKrez James
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

Is that all you gonna say? just mmmmmm lol

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Thanks for the feedback
    Last edited by ragne2; 22-01-11 at 03:02 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Corrupted is on a distinguished road Corrupted's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Corrupted     $ 0.00
    Demoing's easy enough... not hard to open up console and type 2 commands then put it on the net.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    HeXiGON is a jewel in the rough HeXiGON is a jewel in the rough HeXiGON is a jewel in the rough HeXiGON's Avatar
    Total Donations For

HeXiGON     $ 0.00
    I doubt we need more admins on Dust 2. Me and One by One are on a lot. Hackers will always slip through sometimes, It's something that will always happen in online gaming no matter what game. Any filesharing site, megaupload, mediafire, rapidshare etc don't require registration it's usually a choice. When you have a demo, you have to contact a Staff member, the JAs have their hands tied when it comes to banning people offline.

Reason why Gun Game has only 2 admins is because the server got hacked, some person made themself admin and messed up the server.

In one or another a hacker will always return in some way or another, and they will always slip through. A good way of doing it is all going to spec so the hacker has nothing to wreck right?

Clicky to view my blog | de_dust2 HLX
    WHAT!? Using your hands? THAT'S LIKE A BABY'S TOY!!!!

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    alex8039 is on a distinguished road alex8039's Avatar
    Total Donations For

alex8039     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Krezand View Post
    I dont know why, but i said no. I just use common sense really. If voteban/kick/mute doesn't work well i would record a demo and post it on the forums. Simple as that. If there are admins online even better they can just do the job quicker in-game.
    What if you get banned by the hackers before you can demo them?

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Lol alex.......................................

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

To be honest, i do not think anyone will actually take the time to do a demo of any hacker. I am lazy and i wouldn't, and i also think most of the DTK community would agree with me and would rather get an admin on the server and ban him in less than a minute, rather than have to waste 15 or more minutes to upload a demo and get rid of a hacker.
    Does anyone else agree with that?
    Hope that Makes sense

LeKrez James
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

well i like to actually HELP the community by getting rid of the hackers. Because admins have lives too.
    and Alex, if you get banned by the hackers. Well you would report it to the Council i would imagine. and they would unban you.

Boobies
    Overall activity: 0%

Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag has a reputation beyond repute Muffbag's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Muffbag     $ 454.39
    Actually alot of people (not enough in my opinion) take the time to demo when there are hackers on our servers. Main reason being, we want to be able to do our part to ensure the hackers/botters don't return and or return with friends.

An example of someone who took the time to demo when botters (hackers) were on gun game

And if you don't know how to demo, it's simpler than it may seem to be:

easy guide to demo'ing.
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
    • Worth: $1576
    • Games owned: 123
    • Games not played: 53 (43%)
    • Hours spent: 9,166h

Regular Member ||Mr.AMAZING|| is on a distinguished road ||Mr.AMAZING||'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

||Mr.AMAZING||     $ 0.00
    i have being doing demo's for shits and giggles so if there is anyone being accused of hacking let me know when and ill see if i have a demo of it i pretty much demo everymap

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information