Thread: Spawn Camping [T Spawn]

Battlefield Veteran
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 0%

aassttoonn123 is on a distinguished road aassttoonn123's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] aassttoonn123     $ 10.00

Spawn Camping [T Spawn]

I have been playing the office death match for a 2 - 3 weeks and i have noticed that some times when there are less people on the server people like to spawn camp the spawn, this can be very cheap kills and also very unfair deaths. I was watching the spawn time on some one and it wasn't that long, about 2 - 3 seconds, i was thinking maybe we could have a bigger spawning rate like 5 - 6 seconds just so we can get our guns and go were we are need, thank you.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    HellboY47 is on a distinguished road HellboY47's Avatar
    Total Donations For

HellboY47     $ 0.00

T Spawn Camping

I think that is a fair idea, but it is still going to happen. No Matter what you say, people are still gonna camp there. What i try to do is throw a nade through main hall to that window let teammates thru and go around the back way thru side hall into main hall and ge3t the from there.

Odd Monkey
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 341

Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Honoba     $ 5.00
    i'm so over reading these threads, i've been playing as a regular on this server since march last year and honestly its not hard to walk into projector or storage as a T, or long and short as a CT to select your guns. as for everything else that has been said an increased spawn protection time would not work as t's would be restricted to pretty much camping side hall or rushing garry. there is a reason why Krueger setup the server the way it is. those sorts of changes create so many different problems and i'm sure most players would complain.

and before anyone even mentions backwindow.. learn to aim and you'll clean out most campers or like hellboy has said rush side hall try take front office, push your way through garry and shoot or stab them from behind. it's paid off for me many a time

Casual Member
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 185
    ragne2 is on a distinguished road ragne2's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] ragne2     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by HellboY47 View Post
    I think that is a fair idea, but it is still going to happen. No Matter what you say, people are still gonna camp there. What i try to do is throw a nade through main hall to that window let teammates thru and go around the back way thru side hall into main hall and ge3t the from there.
    Easier Said than done.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    HeXiGON is a jewel in the rough HeXiGON is a jewel in the rough HeXiGON is a jewel in the rough HeXiGON's Avatar
    Total Donations For

HeXiGON     $ 0.00
    It's been talked about many times. Search before you post.

Clicky to view my blog | de_dust2 HLX
    WHAT!? Using your hands? THAT'S LIKE A BABY'S TOY!!!!

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 497

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00
    Maybe a big open side window that allows Ts to shoot cts who sit on the bin but has no where to crouch and hide that would take care of camping there, for a while anyway
    Everybody loves Squat, You will too

Work 4 Government
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 13.0%

HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK has a reputation beyond repute HawK's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] HawK     $ 30.00
    I mentioned before that people should take the alternative route, but iv noticed that when Ts do that, the CTs run into the office and camp the projector room. So it does NOT solve the problem to just go the other way. But I guess if you don't like it, either Spam a spot in CT or join another server.
    *Donates $10*
    11:25 AM <[DtK] [C] Squall>
    Thanks Hawk, i got enough for MW3 and BF3 now
    8:33 PM - morpheus: not only we have to put up with shitters
    8:33 PM - morpheus: we have to do chors

Casual Member
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285
    forkus will become famous soon enough forkus's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] forkus     $ 0.00
    This is getting out of hand now. When you are in a server that has more than 24 ppl it is nearly impossible to do anything when you are on T. There is a reason that when the numbers are like this, it is always a CT that wins and usually by more than 40 kills.

Its all good to say:
    a) Learn to aim
    b) Go a different way
    c) Use the server admin voting

But its easier said than done when there is this amount of people on the server. As Hawk said, going another one leads to CTs rushing in and then spawn camping T's even more.

I played just before with 28-30ppl on the server. At all times, there was approx 4-5 camping Garry + that bloody e=mc2 who sits at the back and picks you off with the Sig/Commando. Another 4-5 were camping the main corridor (2 on the window, another 2 in the hallway crouched down) then the rest running around as normal. To make it worse, the player coming 1st was patrolling the other exits of T Spawn and was able to gun down most people. To top it all off, Stich who is a DTK member was quite happily camping Garry window too and would not move. This is the sort of shit that makes me angry when DTK Members are meant to be leading by example.

During the match, I used Voteburn, Votekick and Voteburn for consistent campers and ended up copping an earful.

Can we:
    Get some more Office Admins as Bruce and Jumpar are rarely on these days from what I have seen (No negative feedback to them as when they are, the server runs super smooth and there is no issues. Bruce will tell you its from his skill but whatever.. :P )
    Try Nic's modified Garry Window Map
    Some other idea?

I have already found myself playing other servers than DTK when there is more than 24ppl on any of the servers as I know unless I get a spot on CT, its going to be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by HeXiGON View Post
    It's been talked about many times. Search before you post.
    If its been talked about so much, its obvious we need a change of some sort.
    Last edited by forkus; 23-01-11 at 09:23 PM.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    nighty.night is on a distinguished road nighty.night's Avatar
    Total Donations For

nighty.night     $ 0.00
    i dont care bout the spawn campers u just gotta be fast on your feet and aim good u get like a sec to take sum1 down before they get you down just saying............
    c.no.evil>>

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    HeXiGON is a jewel in the rough HeXiGON is a jewel in the rough HeXiGON is a jewel in the rough HeXiGON's Avatar
    Total Donations For

HeXiGON     $ 0.00
    Yeah, we have spoken about the changes. Nothing gets done. If it was up to me, to always update and fix these problems I would of done it as soon as it was mentioned. If I could become a Office Admin/Senior Admin I would love to always patrol it.

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by nighty.night View Post
    i dont care bout the spawn campers u just gotta be fast on your feet and aim good u get like a sec to take sum1 down before they get you down just saying............
    Omg, no one has suggested this idea at all. Thanks for weighing in.

So while you pick off the 1, what are you doing about the 4-5 that have you in their cross-hairs?

Global Admin
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce has a reputation beyond repute Bruce's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Bruce     $ 0.00
    The reason nothing has happened yet, is the Council is busy atm. Krueger has been away for family reasons and i always discuss these things over with him. As mentioned, Nic's map idea will be implemented, but with recent forum updates, server changes, and changes to SA/JA etc it all takes time.

Apologies for not getting it done, the next chance i get to have a chat with Krueger about it (remember these are his servers that he pays for, to provide us somewhere to have fun in a good environment), and i always like to run ideas past him. Just because someone is SA does not mean we have to all have big heads and try to be macho and make changes without consultation.

Please keep your ideas coming, its important as it ensures that office is a successful server now and into the coming week, months, years, decades centuries?

Casual Member
    Total Donations For

Thanks for the update Bruce, this is the sort of post I was looking for as all previous posts didnt really give the idea that any of the suggestions were being taken on board.

Understandable that all changes go through Krueger, especially since they are his servers.

Battlefield Veteran

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Bruva View Post
    The reason nothing has happened yet, is the Council is busy atm. Krueger has been away for family reasons and i always discuss these things over with him. As mentioned, Nic's map idea will be implemented, but with recent forum updates, server changes, and changes to SA/JA etc it all takes time.

Apologies for not getting it done, the next chance i get to have a chat with Krueger about it (remember these are his servers that he pays for, to provide us somewhere to have fun in a good environment), and i always like to run ideas past him. Just because someone is SA does not mean we have to all have big heads and try to be macho and make changes without consultation.

Please keep your ideas coming, its important as it ensures that office is a successful server now and into the coming week, months, years, decades centuries?
    Theres no rush and no need to say sorry, i didnt mean for you to do something right away it was really just a idea coz i know some people really cant stand it. But they can wait , and thank you very much for even thinking of passing it on

Odd Monkey
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 341

Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba is a splendid one to behold Honoba's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Honoba     $ 5.00
    my bad, i'm currently in a motel chilling out with my missus for few days, so i'm using my mobile lol i missed your post burva cheers for the update
    Last edited by Honoba; 24-01-11 at 12:11 AM.

Battlefield Veteran

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Honoba View Post
    my bad, i'm currently in a motel chilling out with Bmy missus for few days, so i'm using my mobile lol i missed your post burva cheers for the update
    Hahahah have fun with wife

Development Team
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 62
    imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy has a reputation beyond repute imthenewguy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [SA] imthenewguy     $ 0.00
    If u let the Counter Terrorists run up through your defences in T spawn, then prepare to die LOl. I usually run through with a P90 and collect med pack after med pack

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information