Closed Thread

Thread: Soccer / Custom race Issues...

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 0%

MHKshooter is a jewel in the rough MHKshooter is a jewel in the rough MHKshooter is a jewel in the rough MHKshooter is a jewel in the rough MHKshooter's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] MHKshooter     $ 5.00

Post Soccer / Custom race Issues...

Howdy there boiz, MHK here with an issue i envountered in the past few days...

i've noticed when playing in Lego, soccer is one the best games and i love it my self although there is a very rigid problem with it. Usually when a new/dud Ct makes the teams and tels T's to go in the goal he says "you will start soccer on my magic work of ****" Just to clarify to those new cts that its not wise to use magic words for games like soccer or basketball, since its said through mic theres a high chance of delay for players living further away from you. the delay can be as much as a mere 1 second that can ruin the game for some players. To minimise this its better to say "start soccer on my awp/m4/ak/deagle shot" since there is less chance of delay when shooting a gun, and try giving a short countdown before you shoot so the Ts know when to ready. Often i see Cts say the magic word or shoot the gun when a conversation is hapening so few Ts cannot hear the starting shot. This can also be implied towards custom races from point A to point B on the map.

Another issue is that when the warden says "all ts start soccer on my AWp shot" there are always Ts that try to false start. In lego especially when the shot is fired often a T false starts and runs for the ball and its tough for the Cts to judge this. When the T reaches the bal he knifes the ball in the opposite goal, now in lego when a T knifes the ball at other team there are two options Ts can take:
    1) either to defend against the bal but the ball is so strong that if a T tries to block the ball he dies instantly from the prop wound
    2) another option to evade this is to dodge the ball but if they do the ball instantly goes in the goal giving them automatic loss! as a result whole time dies from Loss.

This is a very unfair advantage towards Ts that try to play fair, since no single t want to die (human nature to live for yourself) no one tries to doge it and take it for the team, as a result whole team dies from the loss of the game!! Similar concept can be seen in custom races where few Ts try to false start on the "shot of an awp" this as a result leads to unfair victory for the T who false starts! although races that are inbuilt in maps always have an obstacle in front of them making it fair when all obstacles go down at the same time.

Is there a way this can be fixed? many players lose soccer / bbal games from this reason for false starting and as a result geting killed by a prop wound or letting the whole team die, for custom races its not a big issue but stil an unfair victory for the T who false started.

I have few solutions but would like few responses from the community if you guyz think there are any ways to avoid this issue. Any comments would be appreciated would like to thankyou Nos for supporting me on this topic!! Cheers mate!
    Last edited by MHKshooter; 24-04-12 at 12:00 AM.

Banned
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Overall activity: 43.0%

King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King has a reputation beyond repute King's Avatar
    Total Donations For

King     $ 85.00
    well i have been thinking this puts some trust in the ts but set there hp to 200 instead of 100 if a admin is on or if somehow edit the map to make the ball not go so fast when hit by the knife so it only hits like 5 hp per hit or something. Might be worth looking into map makers if i find something useful i will post here.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 439
    GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator's Avatar
    Total Donations For

GatorTheHator     $ 0.00
    Just suck it up, its only a game, the round doesn't go for hours.
    IMO~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GatorTheHator For This Useful Post:

Banned
    GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator has a reputation beyond repute GatorTheHator's Avatar
    Total Donations For

GatorTheHator     $ 0.00
    Also, if you want to change the game so its fair for all why not just get an admin to set their speed to 0, then when you want it to start get them to set it back.

MHKshooter is a jewel in the rough MHKshooter is a jewel in the rough MHKshooter is a jewel in the rough MHKshooter is a jewel in the rough MHKshooter's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by GatorTheHator View Post
    Just suck it up, its only a game, the round doesn't go for hours.
    IMO~
    suck it up? Lol? its an unfair advantage, i know ur one of those players who false starts and wins so u have no idea how annoying it is to get killed for either blocking a ball or getting killed by cts because Ts couldnt even play the game. Your just lucky i dont shoot u for false starting, timing may not matter since most ts can lr after oposing team dies and round ends quickly, wat may annoy them is the fact that they died and lost a soccer match when they havnt even touched the ball. Its basically instant win for the guy who knifes the ball first which isnt fair at all

@king i like that idea, i too was thinking during soccer admin should set hp to around 200 or more so there is less propwounding and people can play more soccer rather then worrying about death although it can be a problem if no admins are on. i'l go with the other idea for now, if the speed of the ball is reduced it will do less damage so no admins interventions are required and game can be played easily. I reckon if the ball did max 25 dmg it should be fine, this way if anyone gets hit 4 times (assuming at max speed) they can die but this can rarely happen giving Ts more time to play. good work King nice thinking!

Banned
    Total Donations For

GatorTheHator     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by MHKshooter View Post
    suck it up? Lol? its an unfair advantage, i know ur one of those players who false starts and wins so u have no idea how annoying it is to get killed for either blocking a ball or getting killed by cts because Ts couldnt even play the game.
    lol, Even I die in soccer, its a part of the game. Also if i false start why not shoot me
    Last edited by GatorTheHator; 24-04-12 at 12:28 AM.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    _jc_ will become famous soon enough _jc_'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] _jc_     $ 0.00
    not sure whether you have a bigger issue on false starters or getting prop killed MHK. But I reckon it's 2 different issues alltogether. If it's false starters, setting speed to 0 like Gator suggested would help but you won't have an admin around all the time. As for getting prop killed, who hasn't been through that? It's just a game, lego rounds doesn't last long anyway.

but yea, give us ts more hp so we can run away and rebel
    CS:S was invented so that men can have something to talk about

Official RuneScape Player
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 839

Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief-'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Lief-     $ 124.63
    i always use a deagle shot or awp shot
    Love my Lollipops.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lief- For This Useful Post:

McNuggets
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish has a brilliant future Fillet-o-Fish's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Fillet-o-Fish     $ 0.00
    No one cares :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Life is a Highway View Post
    i always use a deagle shot or awp shot

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fillet-o-Fish For This Useful Post:

Official RuneScape Player
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 839

Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief- has a reputation beyond repute Lief-'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Lief-     $ 124.63
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-o-Fish View Post
    No one cares :P
    why do u have to so mean D:

Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by _jc_ View Post
    not sure whether you have a bigger issue on false starters or getting prop killed MHK. But I reckon it's 2 different issues alltogether. If it's false starters, setting speed to 0 like Gator suggested would help but you won't have an admin around all the time. As for getting prop killed, who hasn't been through that? It's just a game, lego rounds doesn't last long anyway.

but yea, give us ts more hp so we can run away and rebel
    yea totally makes sense!! its definetely alrite to die from prop wounds from ur own teamate, because u know its not like u can get slayed for prop wounding or even banned for killing ur own teamate! totally makes sense there are no such rules that say that.

You guyz obviously have no idea how annoying it is to die from a ball shot by ur own teamate, and in the end he gets away with it! Ts cant even play the game and die from prop wound !

Some old guy
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy has a reputation beyond repute Rowdy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [LM] Rowdy     $ 55.00
    First world problem bra

aeGis.|DtK|
    GeeSix K.r.o.n.i.c Octave Pand3mic ReNji Rowdy

CPU: intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H70 liquid cooler with single Scythe GT
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz 16GB (2x8GB)
    GPU: Gigabyte 1080 G1 8GB
    Board: AsRock Z270 Pro 4
    SSD: 1x840EVO 120GB, 1x850EVO 120GB, 1x LITEON 250GB
    HDD: 2x WD Caviar blacks 1TB in Raid 0
    PSU: Seasonic X-1050 80Plus Gold 1050W
    Case: Corsair 600T Black
    Mouse: Steelseries Rival 600 + SteelSeries Prism Pad
    Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB TKL (Cherry Red)
    Headset:SteelSeries Arctis 5

Monitors: BenQ XL2430T 24in LED 144Hz + Samsung 24" LED
    If you have a problem on any of our servers, record a demo [Link to Guide] and submit it to SourceBans [Link to Guide] one of our administrators will be more than happy to assist in making sure our servers are enjoyable and fair for everybody.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rowdy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 743

Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy has a reputation beyond repute Frendy's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Frendy     $ 20.00
    Either way, magic word or gunshot, there will still be a delay between the person shooting the gun to the server box, & The Outputting of the data to the client,

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 142
    StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN is a jewel in the rough StiCoN's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] StiCoN     $ 0.00
    if theres a delay with shooting or speaking in mic, just a suggestion but one way around it is just saying when the clock reaches a certain time, however the time might be out in that case i dno what to do.

im not a ♥♥♥♥ing rand im loo

The Real Shadow
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 94

Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow has a reputation beyond repute Shadow's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] Shadow     $ 100.00
    just an idea but why doesn't someone edit some of the maps, so that soccer is an "L" shape or a "U" shape which could stop the resulting instant die from a direct hit

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 334

Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro has a reputation beyond repute Angro's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Angro     $ 10.00
    0.o that would be funky fresh shadow, by that you mean the soccer field i'm guessing.
    Anyways, my thoughts in this are... people that take the risk of cheating, get caught, and get punished (ergo, death)
    It's apart of the game...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Angro For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information