+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GGDM4 Team Event

Casual Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Overall activity: 6.0%

DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds is a name known to all DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] DirtyDeeds     $ 50.00

GGDM4 Team Event

Evening All!

The other night, halo and I were chatting online regarding the possibility of a GGDM4 Team Event.

Basically the idea stems around trying to make it team vs team rather than playing as a bunch of individuals regardless of the team.

Our suggestion is that the whole team levels up together but not until half the team has reached the next level.

For example, the game starts on Para and you have 8 in your team. Once 4 players have levelled up to awp, the remaining 4 players automatically level up as well, and so on.

Would this make people work as a team?

Or, would it create a whole heap of abuse from the top guys as they wait for that 4th player to catch up?

Obviously there would need to be some commonsense used because if all the top players formed a team stack, it would be a massacre.

It would only be a one off event so it might be fun.

What do you think?

Dirty Deeds

Twin #2
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Autumn will become famous soon enough Autumn will become famous soon enough Autumn's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Autumn     $ 0.00
    It would be a good idea, just gotta make sure the teams are balanced out and you don't have one team with a whole bunch of carries.

Banned
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF has a reputation beyond repute kingEOFFF's Avatar
    Total Donations For

kingEOFFF     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    It would be a good idea, just gotta make sure the teams are balanced out and you don't have one team with a whole bunch of carries.
    Pretty much whatever team I'm on will make the game unbalanced, coz I'll be smashing heads 24/7

Banned
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY has a brilliant future D4NNY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

D4NNY     $ 0.00
    How about, set it out like a PUG ? where you start a knifefight. the remaining member of both sides get to be captain and then choose people.
    Therefore it will be more even.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingEOFFF View Post
    Pretty much whatever team I'm on will make the game unbalanced, coz I'll be smashing heads 24/7
    CSB, needs a dragon though.

Casual Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 21
    snatch@ has a spectacular aura about snatch@ has a spectacular aura about snatch@'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] snatch@     $ 0.00
    This is a great idea, lol well done Dirty! I like Mircan's idea too (on seperate event though). And at start of the match maybe us admins can help divide the teams evenly to get a fair outcome (take turns in choosing), ummm ill take button lols

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snatch@ For This Useful Post:

TC's gf
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque has a reputation beyond repute Burlesque's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] Burlesque     $ 0.00
    I really like this idea. Something different and interesting. The only issue I have is the teams (like other people have already mentioned), but if that's sorted, sounds good to me!! I quite like the idea of admins choosing or helping to organise the teams.
    What ruffles your jimmys???

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Burlesque For This Useful Post:

#11 Conquest
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Treason has a brilliant future Treason has a brilliant future Treason has a brilliant future Treason has a brilliant future Treason has a brilliant future Treason has a brilliant future Treason has a brilliant future Treason has a brilliant future Treason has a brilliant future Treason has a brilliant future Treason has a brilliant future Treason's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] Treason     $ 0.00
    I like the Idea and C'mon King keep quiet, arrogance isn't going to get you anywhere

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Treason For This Useful Post:

DtK <3
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 99

d.mc is a splendid one to behold d.mc is a splendid one to behold d.mc is a splendid one to behold d.mc is a splendid one to behold d.mc is a splendid one to behold d.mc is a splendid one to behold d.mc is a splendid one to behold d.mc is a splendid one to behold d.mc's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] d.mc     $ 80.00
    nice thinking dirty =)
    i like very much
    ^^ Thanks d.mc

12. The Following User Says Thank You to d.mc For This Useful Post:

Trauma Surgeon GG #4
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Trauma has a spectacular aura about Trauma has a spectacular aura about Trauma's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Trauma     $ 0.00
    An interesting and innovative idea, bro.. hmmm.. but also fraught with potential problems too if not handled right. If you made sure all players on each team are roughly equal in skill it would definitely help.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trauma For This Useful Post:

Casual Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 21
    snatch@ has a spectacular aura about snatch@ has a spectacular aura about snatch@'s Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] snatch@     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
    An interesting and innovative idea, bro.. hmmm.. but also fraught with potential problems too if not handled right. If you made sure all players on each team are roughly equal in skill it would definitely help.
    Lol where is the problem hmm? Hence why I suggested admins support in choosing teams.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snatch@ For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman is a glorious beacon of light meowman's Avatar
    Total Donations For

meowman     $ 0.00
    this is an absoultely great idea. i would love to be involved in an event like this. i think that everyone would have to get the kill on that gun before the level up occurs though. it might take a while to win but it would be good.

When everyone gets to the knife level, once you're knifed you can't spawn again and you end up with 1 single winner right at the end

another great idea is to ban kingofff. not because he hacks, but purely because he is a douchebag.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to meowman For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 181
    dr_fong will become famous soon enough dr_fong will become famous soon enough dr_fong's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] dr_fong     $ 0.00
    Wow sounds like a plan dirtydeeds mate, can you make sure someone demo's the event and posts vid on forums? so we can have a look at how it turned out?

cheers and best of luck with the event.

fongy

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dr_fong For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    onigiribeast is a name known to all onigiribeast is a name known to all onigiribeast is a name known to all onigiribeast is a name known to all onigiribeast is a name known to all onigiribeast is a name known to all onigiribeast's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] onigiribeast     $ 0.00
    why does everyone hate king? my thread got closed cause people hatin' him.
    I mean, I have beat him a few games (if he didnt leave :P) and im cool with that. He has beat me probably 40 times, which is cool.
    Some people are just great players, like nihilist, deeds, halo, nalin, s15 etc. I do think when he spams "im the king" its a bit braggish and makes himself look silly, but just play harder 'nek' game (not minnit) and rub it in 30 times as hard if you win.

back to the point: i think the event would be a good idea, as when the server is busy there are usually more than 4 "decent" players on a team. just before we had alars, deeds, daveyboy, and some random who pwnd, in that case people on their team stuck on scout would still get the fun of finally making it to deagle. The only thing is, a whole team on knives would make me shit the bed.

<- welcome to new zealand. can people please join the csgo servers

22. The Following User Says Thank You to onigiribeast For This Useful Post:

asuh dude

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 304

IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered has a reputation beyond repute IcePowered's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [Jedi] IcePowered     $ 550.00
    Quote Originally Posted by onigiribeast View Post
    why does everyone hate king? my thread got closed cause people hatin' him.
    I mean, I have beat him a few games (if he didnt leave :P) and im cool with that. He has beat me probably 40 times, which is cool.
    Some people are just great players, like nihilist, deeds, halo, nalin, s15 etc. I do think when he spams "im the king" its a bit braggish and makes himself look silly, but just play harder 'nek' game (not minnit) and rub it in 30 times as hard if you win..
    I think possibly because he actually is not even that good, yet he talks trash like he runs the place, and has not shut up since he registered on the forums

And for me if there is one thing I can't stand in a person, its having a big ego, when somebody starts going on about how much better they are then everybody else I just want to curb stomp them
    Last edited by IcePowered; 27-04-12 at 11:24 PM.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    SSD: OCZ Vertex3 128GB
    PSU: Corsair GS800 V2
    Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine Zero (Cherry Red)
    Mouse: Zowie FK1
    Headset: Audio Technica AD700 W/ ModMic

Banned
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    MagicKarp is a splendid one to behold MagicKarp is a splendid one to behold MagicKarp is a splendid one to behold MagicKarp is a splendid one to behold MagicKarp is a splendid one to behold MagicKarp is a splendid one to behold MagicKarp's Avatar
    Total Donations For

MagicKarp     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by krezand View Post
    shaddap you're not good ya arrogant prick
    thank ♥♥♥♥ some finally said it!

Fellowship of the Ducks
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Squall has disabled reputation Squall's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [C] Squall     $ 15.00
    The 1.6 version of Gungame actually had a Team gungame mode, i briefly ran a Team GG mode server for a few weeks unfortunately the mode appealed to very few people at that time, while I personally enjoyed it.

This definitely is a good suggestion, while I can't promise anything at the moment, I will be adding this to my list of side projects.

Cheers.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information