14 40.00%
  • Keep them!

21 60.00%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: get rid of smokes ?

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 0%

cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [N] cryptic.conviction     $ 70.00

get rid of smokes ?

I think that now the smokes have had some time on the server its time to get rid of them...

they lag my laptop out and i have trouble recording demos when there are "active smokes".. just a little annoying

i have heard numerous people complain about them... and thought maybe we need to see what everyone thinks..
    Last edited by cryptic.conviction; 03-04-12 at 08:33 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cryptic.conviction For This Useful Post:

cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction has a reputation beyond repute cryptic.conviction's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Good to see ppl talking on topic... sweet...

thought I would quickly add something else... the smoke kills the small map/s (officerescue)... just a side note...

You're Sad? I'm Happy!
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 193
    WebbyHRT is a glorious beacon of light WebbyHRT is a glorious beacon of light WebbyHRT is a glorious beacon of light WebbyHRT is a glorious beacon of light WebbyHRT is a glorious beacon of light WebbyHRT's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] WebbyHRT     $ 0.00
    Should keep them. They help out when you are getting camped in at spawn. Maybe just reduce the chance of getting thema bit

You know what makes me happy?
    The things that make you sad!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WebbyHRT For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja is a splendid one to behold DevilsNinja's Avatar
    Total Donations For

DevilsNinja     $ 0.00
    I believe they should be kept, but this is because they dont pose an issue to me. I must admit its strange, i have the penultamite basic computer, 6 years old now, and not even i get FPS issues with the smoke! (Playing on a laptop = you deserve it Cryptic ). Most of my smoke throws while im on CT, are rand and totally useless, so i coyuldnt give 2 hoots if they stay or not.

Off Topic: I love seeing ppl who read everyone elses comment, then sya the exact same shit, because they cant be bothered thinking up there own comments! If you dont have something to say, dont say it!
    Come Visit Office DM #119.252.190.65:27176

Where all the action takes place!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DevilsNinja For This Useful Post:

Pleb Lord
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    NinjaTurtle has a reputation beyond repute NinjaTurtle has a reputation beyond repute NinjaTurtle has a reputation beyond repute NinjaTurtle has a reputation beyond repute NinjaTurtle has a reputation beyond repute NinjaTurtle has a reputation beyond repute NinjaTurtle has a reputation beyond repute NinjaTurtle has a reputation beyond repute NinjaTurtle has a reputation beyond repute NinjaTurtle has a reputation beyond repute NinjaTurtle has a reputation beyond repute NinjaTurtle's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [T] NinjaTurtle     $ 0.00
    I think we should keep the smoke grenades

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NinjaTurtle For This Useful Post:

Crusty Old Mofo
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Esperance     $ 0.00
    Smokes are a great idea they help reduce the amount of spawn trap on ts and are very useful to regaining map control, it's a great idea that helps balance out the server when used well. It also adds another element to the game and spices it up a little bit.

A well placed smoke can be the difference between being spawn raped on ts at garry window and spawn raping the ct's from roller door .

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esperance For This Useful Post:

EIWWWWW
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Xplicid     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperance View Post
    Smokes are a great idea they help reduce the amount of spawn trap on ts and are very useful to regaining map control, it's a great idea that helps balance out the server when used well. It also adds another element to the game and spices it up a little bit.

A well placed smoke can be the difference between being spawn raped on ts at garry window and spawn raping the ct's from roller door .
    Hey everyone. Just want to boast this legend is on my team for Social Comp. Youz r awl fkd

Really though, I think a more logical poll would be "Do you receive lag from the smokes" because it seems as though those that don't have FPS issues don't mind them, and those that do.. Do.

deaf dumb and blind kid
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 497

squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat has a reputation beyond repute squat's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [JA] squat     $ 115.00
    We need more smokes, and flashes too
    Everybody loves Squat, You will too

EIWWWWW
    Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid has a reputation beyond repute Xplicid's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Id be all for removing the smokes and replacing with flashes. Could get some epic spray downs

Total Donations For

that might be worth trying... flash's can be fun where smokes just lag me out

Crusty Old Mofo
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance has a brilliant future Esperance's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [M] Esperance     $ 0.00
    Flashes could be a great idea but I think it would have to be severely limited as if everyone is running around with flashes and they throw them uselessly like they do with smokes, god help us, all we will see is a white screen for the next 40 minutes of the round.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Esperance For This Useful Post:

Sexy Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Lenny is a jewel in the rough Lenny is a jewel in the rough Lenny is a jewel in the rough Lenny is a jewel in the rough Lenny's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] Lenny     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptic.conviction View Post
    that might be worth trying... flash's can be fun where smokes just lag me out
    Man if you're having lag issues on counterstrike, which is not a graphicly demanding game, from having bad net or a bad computer, unfortunately that is your problem dude. Aside from that, even though i rarely play office, the smokes were a nice edition and should stay. Each time someone complains or makes a thread (there has been a few), the majority agrees they should stay. To sum it up, if you really hate the smokes, find a new server and quit bitching.

LeKrez James
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand has a reputation beyond repute Krezand's Avatar
    Trophies
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Krezand     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    To sum it up, if you really hate the smokes, find a new server and quit bitching.
    he cant 'find a new server' he IS admin on office......

Total Donations For

Man if you're having lag issues on counterstrike, which is not a graphicly demanding game, from having bad net or a bad computer, unfortunately that is your problem dude. .
    not that graphically demnding is a bit of a stretch, i mean yeah sure compared to crysis or something like that but you still need something better then laptop graphics to use even medium options in the video settings... because when i use anything above low i cant even get past the select team menu... i agree that it is my (as well as the few with low end pc's like me) problem but there isnt much i can do about it... (dont have the money to get a new pc after my old one kicked the bucket)... and im not really sure that i was "bitching" about it... this thread was more aimed towards finding out what everyone thought as a community.... not a whinge session...

... even though i rarely play office...
    to be 100% honest, im really glad that it is rarely.... whenever you are on, you constantly troll and abuse... sometimes ive even left when you join just so that i dont have to listen to your ****
    and i know that im not the only one...

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cryptic.conviction For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 51.0%

RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY has a reputation beyond repute RuStY's Avatar
    Total Donations For

RuStY     $ 100.00
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptic.conviction View Post
    to be 100% honest, im really glad that it is rarely.... whenever you are on, you constantly troll and abuse... sometimes ive even left when you join just so that i dont have to listen to your ****
    and i know that im not the only one...
    Haha cryptic is angry.
    Anyway sif start a anti smoke thread.
    I'll start an anti cryptic thread =p.

No seriously if you can't use smoke to your advantage then that is your own fault.
    I love the smoke. I get killed less at window. If you get mowed down through smoke which happens sometimes. Deal with it. But imo t's are more screwed with out it.

If you get lag issues well i think it's time to upgrade your comp.
    Or start overclocking. I bought a new gpu and it improved my game play enormously.
    When there is no smoke at window i just get shot down way quicker than when it is smoked.

When the smoke is there i am able to evade them and shoot them all from the side once i make it outside.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RuStY For This Useful Post:

Sexy Member
    Lenny is a jewel in the rough Lenny is a jewel in the rough Lenny is a jewel in the rough Lenny is a jewel in the rough Lenny's Avatar
    Total Donations For

Lol cryptic you're such a baby. Rage quit and go grow some balls. And no-one gives a shit about your lag issues.

EIWWWWW
    Total Donations For

Lol cryptic you're such a baby. Rage quit and go grow some balls. And no-one gives a shit about your lag issues.
    No-one gives a shit about you and your pathetic excuse for a name, Lenny.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. I'M LIVIN IN DA SEVNTEEEEEEZ, MAH NAYUMZ LENNAY BABES.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xplicid For This Useful Post:

Future Hokage
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 537
    The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38 has a reputation beyond repute The-Rev38's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [V] The-Rev38     $ 0.00
    keep them
    makes me feel like a boss when i shoot through the smoke and get a kill
    Tonic: if the federalis went thought my pc, i'd be going to jail for many many years
    Naruto Uzumaki: I'm not gonna run away and I never go back on my word, that is my nindō! My ninja way!"
    Jugga- OMG What's that sound, it's sounds a bulldozer took a shit on your lawn
    Some randwould you rather watch your perents have sex 1000 times or join in once
    Regs :Can I fondle my willy if I watch?

Sexy Member
    Total Donations For

Quote Originally Posted by Xplicid View Post
    No-one gives a shit about you and your pathetic excuse for a name, Lenny.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. I'M LIVIN IN DA SEVNTEEEEEEZ, MAH NAYUMZ LENNAY BABES.
    Lol umad?

Cute that you are standing up for your boyfriend

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Lenny For This Useful Post:

Mother Figure of DtK.
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh has a reputation beyond repute Cuffeh's Avatar
    Total Donations For

[DtK] [S] Cuffeh     $ 250.00
    You guys should all just get a room and take the frustrations out on each other - it's getting a little built up don't yah reckon? :P

Run along and put all that extra testosterone to good use on each other, yeah?

If you have any forum or server questions send me a PM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffeh For This Useful Post:

EIWWWWW
    Total Donations For

Lol umad?

Cute that you are standing up for your boyfriend
    Im not mad. Im fooly sick bro

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Xplicid For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Thread Information